“Peace and love” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 183 Speciality Lodging in Gdansk
Targoviste, Romania
“Peace and love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

We have booked one night but after seeing the place and especially the city we decided to stay another night. The place is spacious enough, more like a pension. Our room had 3 bunk beds and a lot of space. We had also a little kitchen. Bathroom cleaned every day, fresh towels.
Breakfast was more than enough. You feel that you are take in care by the mama or papa.
We came back very late one night. They were waiting for us, worrying somehow. It was very touching. Mama let us use the kitchen at that late hour to cook pizza.
The thing that made our staying memorable, apart from the above, was the incredible collection of music and movies they have.If you are a hippie that place is just socked in peace and love.
Amazing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Simona_Balala

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed for three nights and really valued the cosy atmosphere, the as cute as helpful management and the many kitchen and relaxation opportunities. Basically the place is the only bad point, but since multiple busses stop close by it is still good enough.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Steilacoom, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I chose Mamas and Papas because it was small and non-party - I am 63. The location was away from the old city, a medium length bus ride (there are many) or a 45 minute walk for those like me who are so inclined. Other than location, I loved staying here. Chris and Ada were so kind and sweet, the whole place was A+ clean and new, breakfast was great and filling with meats, cheese, jams, good bread, yoghurt and cereal/milk and 24 hour coffee and tea. Beautiful bathrooms. Super quiet, no street noise. Chris "Papa" is an old hippie like me, quite some years younger, so it was funny calling him Papa. Ada graduated in American studies, smart as a whip and so nice. I felt so at home and wished I had more than two days there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chuck B
Earth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed at mamas and papas hostel for several days, and had such a wonderful time. It really did feel like I wasn't traveling anymore, I was at home. Mama, Papa, and Ada were wonderful! So helpful in suggesting things to see and do, and great to talk to as well. Impromptu music concerts in the lovely garden were great, and there is a super cute cat that lives outside. I highly suggest staying at this hostel, it is very clean, has a good breakfast, and a great common area. (With a wonderful music collection) There is a 24 hour shop very close by as well. Great great great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie M
Gdansk, Pomorskie, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

From the moment I entered this hostel I felt ok. Like at home. Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, living room where everybody can talk together, or listen to the music, watch a film, whatever you want. Mamas and Papas are very kind people who can make you feel good and Ada is also very kind and helpful. They explained me exactly how to go the the centre of the city and the places I wanted to see. In the evenings we were talking about my day. It was really great :)
If I ever need an accomodation in Gdańsk it will be Mamas&Papas Hostel for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Sometimes you have to go a little out of the way to find something really special and this is definitely the case with Mamas and Papas hostel. Located in a quiet street the hostel is more like a family home and by the time you've been there a few hours you definitely feel as though you are part of the Mamas and Papas family. I have stayed here twice and next time I am in Gdansk I will definitely be booking to stay here again :)

Room Tip: If you don't like climbing too many stairs there's a small annexe at the back of the hostel...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank StanislawFrontczak
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

When we arrived at the hostel we were greeted by Mama, Papa and Ada and I felt immediately welcome and at home. The rooms are spotlessly clean, comfortable, and I still dream about the amazing duvets on the beds. We explored the beautiful city during the days and spent many nights relaxing in the beautiful gardens at Mamas & Papas. It is in the perfect location - you have the opportunity to relax outside in a tranquil garden and then hop on a bus and be in the vibrant and beautiful city in a matter of minutes. We loved it so much we stayed an extra two days (and I wish we could have stayed longer). Fantastic hostel, amazing owners, I highly recommend this spot! :)))

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends