“Coffee with jazz ”

Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Gdansk
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Retro is a café with a soul, located in the Old Town of Gdansk and offering healthy, quality, home-made low-sugar cakes. We bake with real butter, locally sourced honey and free-range eggs. We use seasonal and local ingredients whenever possible. We offer loose leaf teas (over 30 kinds), excellent coffees, Italian hot chocolate and cocktails inspired by the 1930s and '40s. We serve dessert wines and several kinds of Polish beer. Retro's interior is warm and inviting from the wood floor and paneling through the old photographs on the walls to the quiet background music.
“Coffee with jazz ”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I lived in Gdnask for 5 months and Retro was the one of my favorites because of amazing nostalgical atmosphere.You can listen jazz classic and also contemporary singers while you're drinking good coffee.Also they have delicious desserts with organic products.Very good located,on the most beautiful street of stare miasto.Dont skip that place,enjoy !

1 Thank esragezmekistiyo

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Chill spot for a nightcap ”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

A brief visit on a Friday night in June - not very busy which was perfect for us. Great choice of teas including black-tea-based fruit teas (ie not decaf). Wonderful dessert. No "real" food but they do serve breakfast all day (eggs, sandwiches etc) which seemed like another good nightcap option.

1 Thank LondonNYWA
Turku, Finland
“Cute”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Very cute Café, good location. We had to wait for our breakfast for a while, But it was ok because we were not in a hurry :-) I just loved the decoration and coffee was really good!

Visited June 2014
Taichung, Taiwan
“As the slogan on the door: a coffee with a soul”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A good cup of coffee always gives me a wonderful day especially during traveling. It is really coincident that I ran into this coffee shop. After a so so lunch in a incredibly annoying restaurant, where waiters ignore me for more than 15 min, in the Gdansk old town. I feel not so satisfied with what I got in my first day in Poland. When I was wandering around the old town, I was attracted by the slogan, a coffee with a soul. That's why I went in and ordered a Flat white coffee. Double expresso mixed with soft and well-foamed milk taste like a strong capuccino but perfect combination. I really enjoy this coffee and I am looking forward to having another one tomorrow.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank LestateWei
Trondheim, Norway
“Nice decoration, delicious cakes!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great breakfast! I was surprised with the menu, a varied and quirky drinks list!
Retro and nice decoration, it's a shame to be only for tourists (expensive considering that in Poland!).

retro_gdansk, Manager at Retro Cafe, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Most of our clients (actually, apart from the summer tourist season, nearly ALL of our clients) are Polish and local. We have many local regulars who visit us a couple of times a week; some come nearly every day. Please do not use your review to share your guesses about our clientele as it may put us into a negative light for others who might be considering a visit to us. Thank you.