“Perfect stay”

Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Gdansk
Warsaw
“Perfect stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Everything was perfect. First location. Just opposite to the train station. So no troubles with getting to the hotel as we were coming by train. Also at the entrance to the old town, which is very charming and small enough to walk. Second hotel itself: very helpful staff, huge breakfast, spacious rooms. Finally the price. Suprisingly low as for such a high standard

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

The reception staff is super friendly and helpful, the room was lovely and spotless (I was in room 223) with a nicely equipped minibar and affordable prices, the breakfast was great and they didn't hurry us even though we were late to finish. The location is perfect because it is right next to the train station. The prices are nice too. I will definitely want to stay there next time I am in Gdansk.

• Stayed September 2012
Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

it's going to be short and sweet - great hotel! my wife and I particularly enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant. possibly the best breakfast we have ever had in a hotel in Poland. bravo! also, the rooms are very clean and sleep quality - excellent! plus, it's right next to the city centre. couldn't ask for more :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank grabtool
Wroclaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Incredibly great food at the hotel restaurant, flexible staff, comfortable rooms.

The hotel is located vis-a-vis the central railway station (Gdańsk Główny), which makes getting to it really easy. The Gdańsk old town and the Motława river are in walking distance, so the location is perfect for sight-seers.

The rooms are high quality with comfortable beds, good a/c, nice minibars.

We used the conference room for a 2-day semiannual meeting of our 20-people association and the staff was really flexible, allowing us to arrange the conf room as we liked (we replaced typical conference room equipment with sofas - other hotels didn't allow it deeming it "too crazy", while Scandic did),

The breakfasts are really good, but what makes the food at this hotel really awesome is what they serve for dinner. They offer a mix of traditional Polish and Western European cuisines, served in a really artistic style.

Room Tip: Try getting a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Marek S
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

I arrived very late and had an early flight the next morning: check-in and check-out were quick and efficient and the taxi I had ordered was waiting. The room was clean and comfortable. Because of the briefness of my stay I didn't have time to sample any of the other facilities so I can't really say much more than that.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Family W
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I came to Gdansk on business, so what I cared about was a good dinnner, a quiet room + comfortable sleep and a quick check out procedure. At first, it looked good: nice spacious lobby of this contemporary hotel makes you feel good. Fantastic service during check in, nice chat with an intelligent and witty receptionist and... from this time on everything went wrong. First, my key card was not working (well, the door unlocked after the 10th swipe or so). Then, as the receptionist told me that 'this famous Jamie Olivier designed the menu in the restaurant', I decided I would have my dinner there. Well, Jamie, somebody missed something from your recipies. The sirloin steak I ordered was disgusting, so I did not even finish the dish. Then, again, I had to work hard with my key card to enter the room. In the morning, there were 4 people working at the reception desk. Two nice ladies were doing nothing, so I approached them, asking to check me out. The answer was - 'we are trainees, so could you please wait until both guys are finished with the client?' No problem. When one of the guys was free, I asked for my check out. This man at least tried to issue an invoice, which I needed, but finally he gave up, waiting for the fourth guy. Unfortunately the Big Boss was unable to help me, as 'the IT system broke down'. Entire procedure took approximately 25 minutes and I was late for my meeting.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are much more quiet, as the ones in the front of the bulding face a busy 3-lan...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TheButterflyEffect75
Malahide, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

I highly recommend this Hotel(also advertised on Alpha Rooms as Holiday Inn Gdansk) we were here for Euros and had a great stay ,staff could not do enough for you always attentive room spacious and spotless ,good value in Restaurant,and breakfast was great... centrally located across road from Train Station ..a short train journey to Solpot is worth doing (via underpass) and within 6 minutes walk to centre where there are great Bar's and cafe's local people are very friendly and helpful ..this was aFootball Holiday for me and my 3 Sons but will be going back with my Wife for sure as it's really nice

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family