“Unexpected”

Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Gdansk
Stavanger
“Unexpected”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We didnt really expect much considering the great price we got. We stayed for 5 nights and absolutely loved it. Clean rooms and everything needed. Great bed ,tv and even a iron for my shirts :)

The most surprising part was the restaurant, we ate there probably 4 times during our stay,and overall the food was better than we experienced in town.

We did not preorder breakfast, but considering the quality of the restaurant,we decided to try the this as well. Good selection and great taste. BUT very pricy..

The old town is a nice little walk away, if you want to go to Sopot the taxis are right outside. remember to order the taxi at the front desk (We got played by a taxidriver the first time;)

Overall we are very pleased with our stay and Scandic Gdansk really surprised us on every level.

Great hotel!

Room Tip: Near the elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Katarzyna M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Scandic Gdansk, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Tom S,

Thank you very much for your opinion about our hotel. Guest's feedback is the most valuable source of information for improving our service. I am very glad that you enjoy your stay with us and I hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again soon. Warm greetings from the entire Scandic staff.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Finland
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Checkin was fairly fast. Had requested a quiet room, and this was given.

Got upgrade to a suite. Very nice !

Suite was spacious and in good condition. No complaints.

Breakfast was good with nice and adequate selection. Scrambled eggs were real, no powder eggs here.

WIFI is both free and stable.

Gym is available, did not try it.

Location is very central being next to the railway station. Old town walking distance would be appr. 10 minutes making it convenient to major attractions.

All in all a good stay, I would come again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the backside away from the main road.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Katarzyna M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Scandic Gdansk, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear MustaPekka,

Thank you very much for your review! I am very glad to hear that you found our job well done. It is very nice that you notice and appreciate so many things in our hotel. I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Cheadle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Great location, we were at the front of the hotel and contrary to other reviews we had no problem with noise. The bus from the airport stops outside the front door so very convenient for the airport and train station. We were upgraded to a superior room so we were very happy. We did not have breakfast as it seemed expensive 50zl compared to what was on offer in the Old Town. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anne1237511
West Midlands
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was looking for a hotel to spend 3 nights in and this one seemed to tick the boxes. I was going to book it via booking.com but I checked out the hotel's own website and found that if you book direct with them you could not only get it at a slightly cheaper price, but also you could get free breakfasts on their 3 for 2 nights offer. With breakfast costing £10 each per night, this was an excellent offer and one which we were delighted to take.

We were not disappointed. The hotel is in a great spot opposite to Gdansk Glowny (train station) surrounded by shops and a couple of bars/eateries and a five minute walk into the main tourist area in one direction and the Gdansk shipyards in the other.

The room was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. Large, comfortable bed, tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar, (free) safe, hairdryer, iron and ironing board and trouser press. The bathroom had a shower over a bath so you could take your pick.

The breakfast was excellent with a huge choice of hot and cold foods.

On the landing there was an ice machine and a shoe shine machine and although we didn't use it (or even see it) there is a fitness centre and sauna if you feel inclined to use them.

The staff were friendly and helpful and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. I would certainly stay there again next time I visit this wonderful city.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front of the hotel opposite the main station. Although it is a very busy road...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Katarzyna M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Scandic Gdansk, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Lindawba68,
Thank you very much for your review. I am so glad that you are satisfied with your stay with us.
I hope you will come back to Scandic Gdansk soon and I will be pleased to meet you in personally.

Tampere
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Service not kind.
My key didn´t work any time when I went to the hotel. The front desk personal didn´t care about that - just SORRY...
Breakfast ok, but didn´t included to the price of the hotel room.
Room..... carpet on thee floor....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Trondheim, Norge
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

The Scandic Gdansk made me really feel welcome.
After traveling in a very rural area, with next to no internet, and cell reseption only with the wind carrying reseption towards your cell, they tried hard to confirm my reservation.
Getting there in the evening, I was meet by Katarzyna in the reseption, who tried to reach me. She remebered me right away after she got my name.
The rooms are quit big and clean. Same with the bathroom, that had a bathtub. I guess I would recommend a room at the hotels backside, since it is quit. The front faces a mainroad and the trainstation.
Location wise it is close to perfekt. Across the trainstation and about 5 minutes walking from the old city. Only the airport is about 30-40 min away.
If you want a place where you feel home, away from home, come here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Just the best place to stay in Gdansk - Staff so friendly and welcoming, always available to help advise and assist anyway you need. Rooms clean tidy bright and comfortable Restaurant is so relaxing & food is great and Location is perfect - close to the railway station, 2 minutes walk from the mall - 5 minutes walk from the centre. Highly recommend :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter M
M Z, Front Office Manager at Hotel Scandic Gdansk, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear HerrFUDGE,

Thank you very much for your review. It's wonderful to see yet another sattisfied Guest, I hope you're comming back to Gdansk some time soon.

Michal Ziegert