“Weekend in Gdańsk”

Mercure Gdansk Stare Miasto
Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Gdansk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed from 9 till 12 november in Hotel Mercure just as 6 months ago.
Very friendly staff, reception, bar, breakfast
Very goog breakfast, rooms, bath room
I can recomanded this hotel for sure to alle people
And last but not least very good en different wines :-)

Room Tip: Now we stayed at the north sid, in may at the south side it was both superb.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MercureGdanskOldTown, General Manager Assistant at Mercure Gdansk Stare Miasto, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Sir,
We are very glad to read, that you consider your stay as fantastic. It is a great pleasure to receive positive feedback on our hotel.
We always share guests’ comments with our team, because we are sure that feedbacks serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Schilde, Belgium
Reviewed 14 November 2013

It was my second visit in 6 months to Gdansk, 2nd time this hotel and once again had a SUPER STAY ! The staff is extremely kind, rooms superb and very clean, breakfast really top ! Location of hotel is excellent, very close to the old town, the train station, shopping centers, restaurants, really located superbly ! Everyone of the staff is incredibly nice and helpfull, very kind ! They all speak English and do everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible !!! For sure my place to stay in Gdansk if I return, no doubt !! Thx for everything ! Many greetings Nico Spoormans and Dirk Picqueur

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MercureGdanskOldTown, General Manager Assistant at Mercure Gdansk Stare Miasto, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Gdańsk Stare Miasto. It is a pleasure to receive positive opinion on our work.

Our guests’ feedbacks serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

UK
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is a great hotel, friendly staff with an excellent breakfast. The food is very good and they even had premier league football in the bar area if you didn't want to miss the match!

Rooms are very clean, powerful showers and free safety deposit box. Excellent choice at breakfast and the overall location is good. It's further from the airport than I expected, about 70 to 80 zloty in a taxi (just under £20).

It's right on the edge of the old town so an ideal location to go off exploring. It's also just a short walk from the train station which we used to have a day in sopot (nice beach, pier and town centre) or to go to the galleria shopping centre (3 floors of everything you can hope for).

Room Tip: 16 floors so if you don't like lifts request a low floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MercureGdanskOldTown, General Manager Assistant at Mercure Gdansk Stare Miasto, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Gdańsk Stare Miasto. It is a greate pleasure to read positive feedback on work.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in July this year as I was over in Gdansk for a wedding. The hotel is in a great location, close to the center of the old town (no more than a 10 minute walk to get to any of the main landmarks and attractions) and with lots of local amenities around it, such as a shopping mall, shops and cafes. It is also quite close to the Solidarity Museum which is definitely worth checking out if you get a chance. It is also worth noting that right across the road from the hotel is an airport check in shop which was amazingly convenient on the morning I checked out as I was able to check my bags and myself in early and they were then transported to the airport so I was free for the rest of the day until my evening flight. There is also an airport shuttle bus service which operates from outside of the hotel and the staff will be more than happy to book you on it at a convenient time to your flight.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel was immaculate. The rooms were neat, clean and comfortable and the shower was great!
A couple of minor criticisms: my room phone didn't work properly which was problematic for me as my mobile was lost on the second day so getting in contact with friends to make arrangements was difficult. I reported this to staff who tried to help but we were interrupted when some friends came to meet me at the hotel and the issue was never resolved. Also, the website states free internet in the rooms. However, this is only available on certain floors and was not advertised so I was placed in a room with no internet available. It wasn't a major issue for me in the end, as I was busy sightseeing and attending wedding events but could be a problem for people there on business so I would recommend calling the hotel in advance to request a room with internet access.
Other than these small things, though, my stay was thoroughly pleasant. For the standard of the hotel, the price was incredibly reasonable and I absolutely loved Gdansk so I will visit again in the future and I will stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Only certain floors have internet access so, if required, this will need to be requested in advance...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Mercure Gdańsk Stare Miasto. It is a pleasure to receive positive opinion, but we are aware that some small things could disturb your stay. I am sorry for that.

Thank you again for your comment and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one and without any defects.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Nice hotel close to the old town. Helpful staff. I had a room on 6th floor with a nice view over the old city and no traffic noise.
The room was modern, nice and clean.
Good air in the conference room. Tasty breakfast buffet and very tasteful lunch. Shopping centre across the street with a nice bakery!
I wold stay here again if i'm going to Gdansk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for telling us about your experience at the Mercure Gdańsk Stare Miasto. It is a pleasure to hear positive opinion on our hotel.