“I like that Marina Hotel”

Novotel Gdansk Marina
Ranked #22 of 85 Hotels in Gdansk
Reviewed 9 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Joanna G, Sales Coordinator at Novotel Gdansk Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

There are newer reviews for Novotel Gdansk Marina

Reviewed 7 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Joanna G, Sales Coordinator at Novotel Gdansk Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Reviewed 5 May 2012

This was the conference hotel for my husband. Keep in mind that saying the hotel is in Gdansk is a stretch. The city line to Sopot is a short distance away. Reception was OK and we were checked into our room without a problem BUT once again, no bellman. Our room was on the floor two and I must admit I was a little horrified when I sat on the bed. The edge of the bed gave way and I nearly slipped onto the floor! We got extra pillows but there was little that could be done about the bed. The view out the window was gorgeous even in the rainy and cool weather we were having. The marvelous walkway beside the ocean that runs 11km and to Sopot was the highlight of staying at this hotel. I spent plenty of time out walking and enjoying Sopot while my husband did his conference thing. Didn't really want to stay in the room.
I didn't have issues with the wired Internet in the room but I did upgrade the service when I Skyped home. I was more than a little disappointed that the only wireless was in the lobby/breakfast area. My iPad was a little cranky about the connection.
Breakfast was decent. The club sandwich on the luncheon/bar menu was good. We ate dinner in the restaurant a couple of times and it was better than eating at a fast food place but the worst food we had during our stay in Poland. I must admit I kept thinking how this hotel could be turned into a REALLY nice place with a bit on investment by the chain.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your opinion about Novotel Gdańsk Marina hotel. Our guest's opinions are the best source of information about what we do good and what should be improved.
I am very sorry, that not all of our services met your expectations. But I have a pleasure to inform, that we are carrying works connected with mattresses replacement in beds. What is more, we have changed our Internet supplier, to improve the quality of this service.
I hope, we will have occasion to host you again in Novotel Gdańsk Marina hotel again.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 4 May 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sloath_og

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Food at restaurant bad, internet connection a serious problem, staff and service ok, beach and park nice as were the cab drivers outside hotel. Overall decent, but for business go elsewhere

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank michaelleander
Joanna G, Sales coordinator at Novotel Gdansk Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for opinion about Novotel Gdańsk Marina hotel. I truly apologize for any inconveniences you have faced during your stay. We are doing our best to make our services better - also for business guests. I would like to inform, that we have improved our Internet services (new supplier, new options of WIFI connection). Now we are during our works, which consists in replacing of matresses in rooms, what will have a huge influence on our guest's comfort of stay.
I hope we will host you again in Novotel Gdańsk Marina, both business and leisure purposes.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had to wait 45 min in a que to check in. I have not received the room I booked (booked double room with sofa and got plain double). No internet - WAN down. You have to pay each time in restaurant or lobby bar because hotel does not allow room charging. At check out I had to find someone who can prepare invoice for food because reception does not do it...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Joanna G, Sales Coordinator at Novotel Gdansk Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion about Novotel Gdańsk Marina services. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences, you faced during your stay. We have been still working on improving our quality of services - I have to inform, that our Internet will now have the new supplier. The works under installation could have influenced on the connection break down - I am very sorry for it.
I hope, that until your next stay we will eliminate all irregularities and we will meet you expectations.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Yes, Hotels.com paid us $USD 100 for our experience. Yes, Novotel marina at Gdansk invited us for a weeklong stay in their hotel free of charge and it's valid to 12/31/12. Yes, we continue to be UPSET with the Novotel Brand and even when we traveled to London this past Christmas Holiday, we did not book with any related Novotel brand hotel. Why do we continue to be upset?

1. Why were we not told in advance of the problem?
2. Instead of talking to us like adults and customers, we got this panicked upset Polish woman who hurriedly talk to us that we are being sent by cab (which they are paid for) to Gydnia at the Orbis. We were just wisked away knowing the fact that my wife and I are NOT Polish, Don't speak the language AND PAID IN ADVANCE for our stay.
3. We were already in Gdansk 5 days before and we stayed at the Hilton Gdansk. We changed hotel at the end of our stay to experience the beach by the Baltic Sea. I keep blaming myself why I did not book at the Sheraton in Sopot.

I am sure we're going to let the voucher expire because we have no plans visiting Gdansk in the winter time and if the hotel allows the voucher to transfer, I will give it to someone I know who lives in Gdansk and maybe they'll be treated royally that we'll calm down about Novotel.

For now, we will only use American hotels. We don't expect hostility when we are traveling on our vacation/holiday.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple