“Good comfortable hotel”

Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Gdansk
Oklahoma
“Good comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Marina Novotel in Gdansk. The beds were comfortable and our room was clean. There was a misunderstanding in that when we booked the hotel, we understood breakfast was included but when we arrived at the hotel, the desk clerk said breakfast would be an additional 42 zloty (about $14 American). We opted to eat breakfast at a bed and breakfast a block or so away which was cheaper and very good. I don't know what the breakfast at the Novotel offered. Other than this small misunderstanding, we had no problems at the Novotel and would stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelingNana46
, Sales Coordinator at Novotel Gdansk Marina, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing with us your opinion about Novotel Gdańsk Marina hotel. Our guest's opinion is the most important source of information of what we do well and what should be improved. I would like to apologize for misunderstanding with breakfast - the truth is, that our room prices are usually presented on-line as "room only" and breakfast is not included.

Sales Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for business and pleasure since 1985, watched it change over the years. Most of the staff is still the same, and they are he place's best asset. The rest is current typical Novotel, but alway clean and friendly, always attemting to make your stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us your opinion about stay in Novotel Gdańsk Marina hote, which is so nice for us. Our guest's opinions are the most important source of knowledge for us - what we do good and what should be improved.
I hope we will have many occasions to host you again in Novotel Gdańsk Marina hotel. If you have any questions for us, please contact directly on e-mail adress: H3375-SL@accor.com.

Dunstable, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This was the conference hotel for my husband. Keep in mind that saying the hotel is in Gdansk is a stretch. The city line to Sopot is a short distance away. Reception was OK and we were checked into our room without a problem BUT once again, no bellman. Our room was on the floor two and I must admit I was a little horrified when I sat on the bed. The edge of the bed gave way and I nearly slipped onto the floor! We got extra pillows but there was little that could be done about the bed. The view out the window was gorgeous even in the rainy and cool weather we were having. The marvelous walkway beside the ocean that runs 11km and to Sopot was the highlight of staying at this hotel. I spent plenty of time out walking and enjoying Sopot while my husband did his conference thing. Didn't really want to stay in the room.
I didn't have issues with the wired Internet in the room but I did upgrade the service when I Skyped home. I was more than a little disappointed that the only wireless was in the lobby/breakfast area. My iPad was a little cranky about the connection.
Breakfast was decent. The club sandwich on the luncheon/bar menu was good. We ate dinner in the restaurant a couple of times and it was better than eating at a fast food place but the worst food we had during our stay in Poland. I must admit I kept thinking how this hotel could be turned into a REALLY nice place with a bit on investment by the chain.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Joanna G, Sales Coordinator at Novotel Gdansk Marina, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your opinion about Novotel Gdańsk Marina hotel. Our guest's opinions are the best source of information about what we do good and what should be improved.
I am very sorry, that not all of our services met your expectations. But I have a pleasure to inform, that we are carrying works connected with mattresses replacement in beds. What is more, we have changed our Internet supplier, to improve the quality of this service.
I hope, we will have occasion to host you again in Novotel Gdańsk Marina hotel again.

Sales Coordinator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gdansk
Mercure Gdansk Posejdon
Mera Spa Hotel
Mera Spa Hotel
#3 of 27 in Sopot
Radisson Blu Hotel Gdansk

Been to Novotel Gdansk Marina? Share your experiences!