“Fantastic”

Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Gdansk
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Chose this over the Hilton due to trip advisor reviews and didn't regret it.We were on the 3rd floor in a very comfortable room with great views over the river.Breakfast caters for all tastes,help yourself to what you wanted,hot or cold .Location couldn't be better,straight out of the hotel and you are in the main streets of the old town in minutes. I lost my camera on the way back to the airport,even though we caught a taxi on the street near the Hilton,I emailed the Hanza with the taxi receipt and asked if they could help find an email address so I could ask if the camera had been found in the taxi.
They did more than that,they found the taxi driver,got my camera and posted it on to me,thought my chances of getting it back were zero.Brilliant service and a big thank you to Monika on the front desk.Have already recommended this Hotel, will be returning to Gdansk,which is beautiful,next year and will definitely be staying at the Hanza.

Room Tip: 307 for great river view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kazza21_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed for a week for business. Great location - close to restaurants, tourist activity, and local history. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very filling. The shower was a little odd and I kept getting water all over the place - but no complaints.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a friend for the weekend. The check in went smooth, and the receptionist that day was nice. We even got a coupon for free desserts at the hotel restaurant -Kokietera, and we did eat at the restaurant as we arrived at the hotel at 22:10. The food was really good – but that’s another review!

The receptionist the day after seemed a little impatient and irritated. Me and my friend had a couple of questions for the receptionist about different things. And every time the receptionist replied us before we were able to finish our question – and of course she didn’t always gave us the «correct» answer... Doh! She should learn to listen to the customers first, then reply.

The rooms we got was big. The bed was comfortable. We had a room facing the river. There were free bottles of water included in the room. Downside: you can hear every bit of the sounds and noises from the hallway and from outside the building! It impossible to sleep unless you wear ear plugs - and luckily we both had ear plugs!

The breakfast was good. Continental breakfast and warm food like sausages, toast, egg and bacon. The coffe tasted funky though...

We also tried out the SPA at the hotel. I had manicure and Hanza Signature massage. I wasn’t all too satiesfied with either considering the price we paid. It is probably twice the price than other places. I was going to have massage right after the manicure, and they didnt’t have a «machine» that helped to dry my nailpolish. So by having a massasge right after ruined a little of my nailpolish. And the massage...it wasn’t that the masseuse did a bad job or anything. It’s just that I didn’t really feel like I had a massage. It could be that I like to be massaged harder so it loosens up the knots in my body, in which this massasge did NOT do... So If you’re only looking for realxing massage this is the place for you, but not if you want to loosen up the knots in your body.

Me and my friend loved Gdansk and would definitely visit this city again. And we would consider to stay at this hotel again, but would definitely look for other options too. But I will not use their SPA.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MY30
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Excellent customer service - above and beyond in help with bookings, and helpful recommendations for dinner. Location central close to everything, great views over the river. Room comfortable with tea making facilities and quiet. Loved it. In nine weeks of travel and some pretty good hotels this would be my number one pick.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the river - great view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jennifer H
Brighouse, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Excellent room, super breakfast, uniformly polite and friendly staff able to cope smoothly with my lack of Polish, delicious and reasonably-priced food in the restaurant - all in an ideal location! Having only seen a fraction of what Gdansk has to offer, I hope to return - and the Hanza Hotel will certainly be my choice once more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Artnock
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is a must when visiting Gdansk, situated on the water front and in the centre of the old town, the location is amazing. The staff are very helpful and professional and there is parking outside the hotel, this was very helpful considering we drove in during the St Dominique Festival. The breakfast caters for every possible taste. We were spoilt with the room, overlooking the water, a huge room with good facilities. The carpets were not just vacuumed but steamed cleaned. An wonderful experience and would highly recommend Hanza, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oncearef
Alesund, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We wanted to see the old town in Gdansk. This hotel had the perfect location. Old buildings just outside the door. A short walk to Maria church. In our 3 night stay we had dinner at the hotel twise. Really good food and professional service. I would love to go back there!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple