“A bit overestimated”
Review of Dwor Oliwski Hotel

Dwor Oliwski Hotel
Ranked #32 of 85 Hotels in Gdansk
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I visited the hotel during my last business trip to Poland. I'm quite happy about the condition of the room, the service and the feeling beyond this simple and typical assessment written in the reviews I had opportunity to read so far. I travel quite frequently for business and leisure so many years that I can say "I have material for comparison exercise". I spent three nights in the hotel in solid and comfortable bed and nice spacious room with the view to the park. I had opportunity to have massage. I was at the swimming pool, and I had dinner in the restaurant. I did not found anything really spectacular in the hotel but on the other hand I also did not find anything bad. The service of the hotel was very good, treating guests with respect and guessing their wishes. All of the crew were young and nice looking, and some enthusiastic about their work. Massage I had was ok, swimming pool a bit too short to do regular swimming but still ok. It is a pity that hotel guests have to attend to spa zone together with the people from outside. It made the place a bit crowded. After all I'd give 4* to this hotel instead of 5* it has. Why? I give the example from the restaurant. I've spent there more than 40 EUR for the meal that included vegetarian salad, 3 glasses of house rose wine and 2 scopes of ice creams. I was waiting for all meal dishes more than 1 hour. The wine I was offered was Spanish rose you can find in average supermarket for 6 EUR/bottle. I paid like 7 EUR for small glass, but it was served like wine for 100 EUR/bottle, so I had a lot of fun. The same about the ice creams I asked without any dressing. It arrived 20 minutes after the empty plate of my salad was taken from my table. The ice creams had “nice taste” of cheap supermarket ice cream. Just the tip for the hotel managers: you cannot wrap cheap products into a very good service and claim such ridicules prices, just because guests can feel it from a distance. The last remark: I would come back to the hotel and try to avoid the additional services offered in the hotel. BTW - internet is included for free ;)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank I. N

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This luxury hotel outside Gdansk is located on a sprawling estate. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, meals were very good, and the service quite pleasant. My wife and I thought it provided excellent value. Note: The Polish national soccer team stayed there during our vacation sojourn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I was really looking forward to a nice stay at this hotel. The beds are awful and the hotel really needs to upgrade. The spa area is nice but cold and the jacuzzi and sauna area was closed. The massage was terrible. Service was not too great. The hotel is far away from everything. Go stay somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Sunniva R
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We have spent anniversary of our marriage at the hotel, two nights long stay.

During the whole stay all our requests were fulfilled and all our wishes met. I felt we were important and we have been taken care off at the highest standard.

Our order was customized with the extensive involvement of the reservation personnel. The plan was we have Spa treatment everyday, enjoy a bit of sightseeing and spoil ourselves in the hotel's restaurant.

Everything went well and according to the plan, with only one exception, but handling of this surprise was exceptional by itself and finally we were very pleased with the outcomes. We left with good memories.

Pros:
- hotel is relatively small, not too many visitors around
- beautiful rooms, you feel like at home
- great staff: reservation, reception desk, maid, spa, restaurant
- staff is naturally cheerful and caring
- food is original, interesting compositions, tasty dinners, generous breakfast
- great choice of wine

Cons:
- ordering drinks in Spa one needs to wait patiently as drinks have to be carried from restaurant which is in a separate, nearby building
- dinner at the restaurant is quite pricey

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jancio
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night this past October, and could not have been more satisfied. Having arrived in the evening, I did not get to see the natural beauty of surroundings until the following morning. The grounds are very well kept, and there is a running brook that flows around the property, and provides a soothing yet gentle melody to those who only pause and listen.

I stayed in a Junior Suite, which was exceptionally large and well appointed. The combination of authentic antiques in the guestroom, along with the hotel's focus on guest comfort and convenience made my stay truly exceptional. The hotel's staff is perfectly trained to handle any and all requests, with a smile and can-do attitude. Breakfast in the adjoining restaurant building was a treat: a well varied and international selection of foods to satisfy every palate. To name just a few: smoked salmon (smoked right on the premises, from what I'm told), a large selection of fresh breads, cold cuts, eggs several ways, warm sausages, crepes, fruits and fresh pastries (my favorite of which was a berry tart).

I did get a chance to use the spa facilities, which are an amazing (and free!) indulgence. Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to partake in the hotel's restaurant, though this will be a must next time I visit.

Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel strongly enough. I will surely be back, but this time for a much longer stay!

Room Tip: Splurge for the junior suite - totally worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We spent a long weekend in this hotel and we were totally satisfied. It offers 5* luxury in every aspect. Check-in was quick and efficient, done in fluent english and very courteous.
The rooms have all the amenities needed, from the bathrobe to a safe deposit box, free wifi ( although a bit slow), a huge bathroom and a very comfortable bed. Excellent housekeeping.
The whole hotel looks beautiful, as do the surroundings. Breakfast was very good and dinner was creative and tasty. The service from the bar was a bit slow, but this may have been due to language problems. We spent a most relaxing weekend and can only recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

had a fantastic stay, the hotel was so beautiful. To put things in perspective, the restaurant bathroom was so beautiful I could live there. Food was stunning. Classical room was airy and modern. service was great. Massages were bliss, swimming pool was empty in summer. Location was the only downfall, it took a 15 min taxi ride into town, but it was right next to a zoo - which was fun. 9all the animals were very healthy and looked happy)

Room Tip: even the cheapest room was lovely
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends