I stayed here for two nights in July. It was a fairly standard European room, bed with duvet (in my room’s case, two twins that were initially pushed together to make a double), nightstand, desk and table, television (mostly Polish channels, and BBC World News). Bathroom with shower, which had good water pressure, and rare from what I have experienced, the hotel even had miniature toiletries (like US hotels) vice the soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower that I have seen most other places. The weather was fairly mild, so I cannot comment on the climate control (or if there was any).
The buildings of the hotel were reportedly originally military barracks that have been turned into a music school, to which the wide halls and stairwells attested. It seemed pretty quiet, but I don’t believe school was in session. While the hotel is right off a main road, I did not notice much in the way of traffic noise.
The hotel has a restaurant, in English it is Raspberry Garden. It served decent food, although you could definitely eat more cheaply elsewhere. It did seem to be popular with tour groups, although the ones there when we were tended to be on the smaller side.
If I return to Gdansk I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again.
- The price: $95 a night for a double room. Gdansk is a popular tourist city, so that is a pretty good deal.
- Free parking: The parking lot is limited access (i.e. there is a gate that you have to go through). The hotel will (essentially) validate your parking so that you don’t pay. Plenty of spaces, of course I was there in the summer, so when the music school is in full swing it might be more full.
- Lift: A small, but functional, elevator!
- Free breakfast: A nice buffet in the hotel restaurant. It contained the usual European breakfast items (cheese, meats, bread, muesli, yogurt) as well as some hot items (eggs, crepes). Breakfast started early enough so that you could eat in the morning without feeling like you were losing valuable sightseeing time.
- Location: Which may be a controversial “Pro” on my part. It is about a five minute walk from the main part of Gdansk, so it isn’t right smack in the middle of things, but right smack in the middle would be more expensive and louder. Some have commented that the area looks a little run down, but I didn’t find it particularly troublesome.
- The hotel was a little difficult to find. I drove, so a taxi probably would have found it more easily. My GPS got me in the general area, and luckily there are plenty of signs once you get to the right streets.
- It is not a luxury hotel. It is a decent, basic place to stay with some nice extras, but if you want luxury you should look elsewhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dom Muzyka [Musicians’ Home] represents more than a charming hotel in the centre of Gdańsk. It is an uncommon and calming refuge arranged in a listed 19th century building of the Musical Academy. A stone throw away from Dom Muzyka stretches the Old Town of Gdańsk offering a wealth of attractions. The nearby public transport node links our facility to the entire Tri-City. Even very demanding Clients will certainly find a night at Dom Muzyka their cup of tea. Advantageous location:•7 minutes on foot from the life-ringing Old Town•on the E7 road from Warsaw, at the entry to Gdańsk •3 minutes from a bus stop and tram stop We offer you a comfortable night in cosy and lovingly tended rooms, each of them different. High ceilings and tall arched windows add to the specific air few other hotels in Gdańsk can share. Dom Muzyka is renowned for its chic interiors, atmosphere unmet elsewhere, and kind and professional staff. Those who love music could hardly find better accommodation in Gdańsk. Our offer:•87 high standard, comfortable and well fitted rooms in Gdańsk•8 conference rooms, including 1 at Dom Muzyka, the others on the premises of the Academy of Music•Malinowy Ogród [Raspberry Garden] restaurant•free, unattended car park within the enclosed estate of the Academy of Music•interesting concerts arranged by the Academy of Music ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dom Muzyka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Muzyka Gdansk
- Dom Muzyka Hotel Gdansk