“Best Hotel in beautiful city of Gdansk”

Kamienica Goldwasser
Ranked #58 of 84 Hotels in Gdansk
Sunbury, Australia
“Best Hotel in beautiful city of Gdansk”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The hotel has the most polite and helpful staff, Rooms are beautiful, view over waterfront is amazing, restaurant and breakfast rooms overlooks water. Breakfast is included and is very nice. Wi Fi is available and connection excellent for free. Walk outside and you are immediately in the area of attractions. A great place to stay and enjoy Gdansk. Taxi that they ordered to take us to railway station actually drove us to next destination, Malbork, for less than train fare giving us a stop over at Stutthof on the way

Room Tip: I had a room on third floor, one side view of marina, the other side view of city, it was perfect. H...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen552259

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Republic, Washington
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed in one of the "apartments" at this delightful hotel overlooking the marina and the Wisla River in Gdansk. Although there was a bit of a language glitch in the website's description of the room (it had been billed as a "four bedroom apartment," when it became apparent that what was really meant was that it slept up to four people in two rooms, in 3 beds total), the rooms were delightful, with charming furnishings, a spacious bathroom with tub/shower, and a balcony overlooking the river and the riverside promenade, making for great people-watching as we rested from our tramping around. Very short walk to the Ulica Dluga, the main attraction of the city for tourists.

The main reason for my top review was how accommodating Robert, the hotel manager, was to us. He truly went above and beyond the call of duty, making a (gratis) phone call to our next hotel in Krakow, making sure we had a dependable taxi ride for our early train, and even packing us a breakfast since our departure on the last day was too early for the one usually provided. Oh, and the included breakfast at the hotel was excellent. All three of us (including my husband and our 82-year-old traveling companion) felt that this was the best hotel of the two week trip, a great value for the money. Although the food in the restaurant below (not the same ownership) was good, it was not as good a value for the money, though it had great atmosphere.

Room Tip: As for the room with the balcony. It is only on the first floor (in American terms the second floor...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank rebeccambaker
Augustow, Poland
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I arrived in Gdansk alone with my bike in pouring rain, not having a clue where to go. I found this hotel through the "in your pocket" guide. It is fantastic value for the cost. The staff were extremely helpful and caring. I am vegan and they prepared a really great vegan breakfast for me. My room was not the best room in the hotel, but it was just gorgeous, a bedroom with separate small sitting/TV area, leading out to a balcony. Overlooking the water, boats going past, a view of historic buildings, a balcony to sit out and enjoy a drink - I couldn't have asked for more! Not 5 star, too much character for that, but i couldn't believe my luck at finding this place. If you want a romantic place to stay, this is it! My partner arrived the next day and also loved the place. The location is also great, on the waterfront in the old town.
I was worried that it may be a little noisy with the restaurant downstairs and next door, but with the door shut i couldn't hear any noise at all.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuesieM
sacramento
Reviewed 13 April 2007

Stayed at Hotel Goldwasser in May 2006. I arrived at the Hotel and immediately had to walk 60+ stairs to my room. I thought ,what had I gotten myself into. The door opened to a large room with a Double Bed with Canopy. Hard Oak Floor with full couch and side chairs. Opened up the curtains to discover a beautiful full view of the Bay. What a pleasant surprise. Breakfast is only Croissant and Juice or Coffee, but still a bargain at 90 Euro per night. Great location and the attached restaurant serves excelelnt European cuisine.

• Liked — great room
  • Disliked — too amny stairs
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank travellingjeff