“Creative restaurant with a huge potential”

Restauracja Kubicki
Ranked #33 of 619 Restaurants in Gdansk
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The oldest restaurant in Gdańsk. In the interwar period, then called Kubicki Cafe International, the restaurant functioned as a night café and it was one of the trendiest places at that time in Gdańsk. Kubicki Restaurant still receives wide recognition not only among the residents of Gdańsk, but also among the visitors from all over the world. Exquisite cuisine, unique atmosphere enriched with performances of piano singers are undeniable reasons why this place is worth visiting. This is one of the last places where the spirit of This City has been preserved.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went there for a meal with my wife for our 10th anniversary. We both absolutely loved the food and the service. Highly recommend to everyone!

1  Thank Eduard7679
Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Very interesting to taste local dishes. The kids loved the chiken and the steak that we where recommended, was one of the best ever. Our waiter, Marek, recommended very good wine and was very nice and funny. Marek is the reason that our visit became excellent, and he is worth the extra star!

1  Thank sriis
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I decided to come here to celebrate our engagement. We checked Tripadvisor for good reviews and decided to eat here because the reviews were great for food. I called and made a reservation. We arrived 5/10 minutes early. I felt like the waiters did not know what was going on or where to seat us. We actually were seated but were told we had to move. The main waiter, an older man, seemed to be in charge. He pretty much ruined our evening. He cursed like a sailor. To non-Polish speaking clients it would not have mattered but hearing the Polish version of "bit@h" used over 20 times is rude. Then worst part came when my appetizer arrived. I ordered the beef tartar. He came up to me and asked me if I even knew how to eat this, if I'm even from Poland. I advised him several times that I know what I am eating and how to eat it. When my fiancé's main course arrived this waiter actually grabbed the utensils from his hands and demonstrated how to eat a pork shank. This man was very rude and condescending. I don't know if he is the owner or a family member of the owner but he should be educated in etiquette.

8  Thank Maggie P
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Traditional dishes beautifully served, with a great view of the river. The staff was exceptionally service minded, friendly and full of humor and smiles. They got a decent selection of wines, except from rose, of which they have only one.
We had salmon and herring for starters, and both of us had duck as a main course and traditional polish cheese cake for dessert. It all tasted great, and with a bottle of wine, a couple of cappucinos, and a couple of beers the bill ended up being less than 400PLN.
In my opinion, great value for money!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Well located, with a beautiful view of the Motlawa river.
Menu offering a wide selection of more or less traditional dishes, fresh fishes, nice service, prices were affordable.