“Delicious and served with class”

Restauracja Kubicki
Ranked #17 of 589 Restaurants in Gdansk
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The oldest restaurant in Gdańsk. In the interwar period, then called Kubicki Cafe International, the restaurant functioned as a night café and it was one of the trendiest places at that time in Gdańsk. Kubicki Restaurant still receives wide recognition not only among the residents of Gdańsk, but also among the visitors from all over the world. Exquisite cuisine, unique atmosphere enriched with performances of piano singers are undeniable reasons why this place is worth visiting. This is one of the last places where the spirit of This City has been preserved.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Few restaurants will offer such exquisitely prepared dishes inclujding pierogis, knuckle of pork, and chicken breast in chanterelle sauce. We returned to the restaurant for the second time during our 4 day stay in Gdańsk, and regretted to have discovered the place so late. The service is commendable and 100% professional, too. I am pleased to recommend the restaurant and I am sure that it is among the best places to visit to have delicious food (and finger-licking desserts) in the town!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This is a place were men in suits bring their business partners and others bring their girlfriends to impress them. Everything is chi-chi, but in the end my trout was fried and almost a bit greasy, did not taste like fish but like a lot of butter and oil. My daughter's pirogues were far too greasy, too. From my experience I would say: the food is mediocre and does not meet its fancy presentation.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This little beauty of a restaurant is perfectly placed, tucked just slightly away from the main tourist stretch on the river side. With vast outside seating and a beautifully stylish interior you are made instantly welcome along with the perfectly attentive waiters. My wife and I have travelled all over Poland and have eaten in many restaurants and we both agreed this may be the best. The food is traditional but with lots of flair, and originality to breath new life into old classics (the Gdansk pork chop is a must). The portion sizes are perfect, the service is spot on, location and of course food are all 5/5, it is on the pricier side but completely worth it. Cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

During my visit in the beautiful city of Gdansk, I decided to try a traditional Polish cuisine restaurant, so I made a decision to have dinner in Kubicki restaurant. It turned out that it was the best decision made during my holiday. I have eaten in different Polish restaurant but in Kubicki it was way different. The food was outstanding, well prepared and very delicious. The atmosphere was very warm and our waiter and the staff in general were very polite and they contributed to our beautiful evening. The wine which they recommended us was more than good. I am very satisfy that I spent an evening in Kubicki restaurant and in my opinion being in Gdansk and not visiting this restaurant is a huge miss! I highly recommend Kubicki restaurant!

1  Thank Ivan H
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We have recently eaten lunch in restaurant Kubicki. Outstandingly good food and very nice atmosphere. Definately the best place in Gdansk!

1  Thank Jekaterina G