Gotyk House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$240
US$77
US$94
US$87
  • Restaurant
Novotel Gdansk Centrum(Gdansk)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Breakfast included
Celestin Residence(Gdansk)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$59
All reviewsmariacka streetbeautiful streetb bmary's churcholdest buildingold townyogurtperfect locationevery morningamber shopsthe ground floorlovely little hotelfresh breadscrambled eggscomfy bedthe main streetbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have been to Gdansk 3 times now,on first two visits we stayed in 4 star establishments which were outstanding.plumped for the Gotyk house this time because of its quaintness and location. it is on one of the prettiest streets I have ever seen. The hotel is very small, we were on top floor at the front of building overlooking Mariaka street which was lovely.The room had sloping ceilings, even over the bed which made it all a bit awkward, no window or fan in bathroom. no bedside tables and only a set of open shelves for storage, ok for a weekend but it wouldn't be great for a longer stay. It advertises itself as being the oldest house in Gdansk, and I am sure that it is but not much evidence inside of anything genuinely old, it is nicely renovated but the look is very much reproduction gothic. The breakfast is served in very small reception area or in the bedroom, it is ok just bread cheese various cooked meat, a bit of salad and a yoghurt-nothing to write home about. It was overall good for the money but wouldn't be somewhere I would return to, next time I am going to go push the boat out and go for one of the 5star hotels which are still affordable.Gdansk is very compact and all of the hotels in the Old town area are easy walking distance to the tourist sights.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank qwertyWiganUK
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at Gotyk House in Gdansk for 3 nights at the end of October. It is very centrally located on the beautiful street of Mariacka. Minutes walk to the river, 10 mins to the train station. Very atmospheric inside and represented the Gdansk atmosphere beautifully. I was travelling alone but was situated in a twin room without having to pay single supplement. The room was very spacious and clean with lots of storage space, table, chairs, tv, bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. Clean towels and free little gestures such as soaps, bottles of water and sweets were all present. There was a free breakfast between 8am and 10am which compromised of different breads, cheese, ham, spreads, yoghurt, tea, coffee, juice and salad. Very nice and highly recommended. The staff were friendly and very helpful speaking really good English. Wouldn't hesitate to stop here again, a must if staying in Gdansk.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I would give this hotel 210% Not only is it a quaint charming hotel in a great location but the staff were absolutely excellent. Now I am sure in the average day to day dealings with tourists they may seem pleasant but when you really need them that is when you get to see just how good they are. when you read the rest of the story you will see what I mean.
there were 4 of us, 2 couples in 2 double rooms. on the first night we were there we went to a few bars my wife left early and went back to the hotel and me and the other 2 members of our party got inadvertently incarcerated. Basically in a local bar our vodka shots were spiked with alcohol and the polish police decided that instead of helping us find our way back to the hotel it would be better to pepper spray us steal all our money and lock us up for the night without letting us make any phone calls. My wife woke the next day to find all 3 of us missing and was in hysterics. we were all split up and at 3pm the next day my brother in law was released, when he explained he did not know where we were my wife thought the worst.
Now at this point the girls on reception must have been thinking oh no more stupid English drunks and they would have had a damn fine point because that is exactly what we were, but instead of being judgemental or off hand they went the extra mile to console my wife and do everything they could to help and call all the hospitals and police stations until they found us.
We stayed a further 2 days and considering what they must of thought of us they could not have been more professional and helpful.there were actually 2 different girls on shifts and they were both exactly the same.
if we missed breakfast they offered to bring it to our rooms later.
In summary 100% for the hotel +110% for the staff
If the owner of this hotel reads this then I hope they recognise what an asset to this hotel they are.

I expect to be judged by readers of this review and you are probably right but also consider that even faced with english drunken idiots the staff at this hotel did not judge us and remained professional and charming throughout the remainder of our stay.

oh and as a side note try not to get pepper spray in your eyes because it really stings.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank garynzoe
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is in the OLDEST building in Gdansk on a picturesque street - a stones throw from a huge Cathedral. Beautifully restored. Very Clean. Staff is wonderful, and there is a nice little Museum under the hotel - admission included with your stay. They bring breakfast to your room - and there is lots of it. This hotel was one of the highlights of our trip.

Room Tip: No Elevator - 3 floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Recently we returned from a very enjoyable stay at the Gotyk House in Gdansk. I cannot enthuse enough about this lovely old house set in a picturesque area of beautiful Gdansk. Three of us shared a very comfortable room with all the facilities one would need. Very friendly and attentive staff...all the girls could not do enough for you! Very good value indeed with a substantial breakfast included in the price! Excellent value for money, we stayed for four nights.
The location of the Gotyk House is ideal for visiting the numerous attractions of Gdansk and further afield to Westerplatte,Sopot and Gdynia. We booked the stay directly with The Gotyk House and the email replies were prompt and very helpful indeed. A cab was arranged by Gotyk House for us at the airport on our arrival and also booked for our return journey. Lovely places to visit, eat and drink and in our opinion inexpensive !!! Well done Gotyk House !!! 10/10 from us !!! DOBRE !!!!!! Jools, Barbara & Gemma Zauscinski

Room Tip: its only a small property, seven rooms I think, so maybe an email to the staff with any particular requirements could be good?
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family