“Palace a little bit of an exageration” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lezno Palace Palac w Leznie

Lezno Palace Palac w Leznie
Ranked #60 of 83 Hotels in Gdansk
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Palace a little bit of an exageration”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stated at Lezno Palace for a business trip. An impreesive looking house set in a rural area. The interior didnt quite live up to the billing. Many of the original features appear to have been lost and the renovation doesnt live up to the grandure you might expect. The room was spacious but sparse. No TV which I liked, but the shower and thread bare towels left a lot to be desired. We had a buffet in the restaurant which was excellent although the massively ruffled table cloth was a bizarre feature. Breakfast was a little bit disappointing. Service was pretty good and the day was saved by an extremely good room rate of €56. Overall though I don't think I would select Lezno for a holiday stay.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank briangfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Wiesbaden, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I am a castle fan and booked 4 rooms here because of the name. I asked to reserve 1 room in the palace and upon arriving discovered that it was not a palace but an industrialist's villa and that we all were in the converted stables. We arrived at 09:30PM by taxi from the airport and the restaurant was closed along with the bar. The hotel is in the middle of no where and had to call the taxi back to take us to a gas station to purchase cold, plastic bagged sandwiches and drinks.
Rooms were okay but staff unhelpful and would stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Bring food, drinks and a map
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Finnley

Travellers are raving about these Gdansk hotels

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I am at Lezno now. Just had dinner on the terrace. Smell of fresh cut hay in the air, distant sounds of dogs and surounded by trees and greenery. The salmon was cooked perfectly, the soup was loaded with kielbasa in a nice tart base. My room is quiet and clean with a pair of comfortable beds and a nice tiled bathroom. The __free__cable is faster than I had at a 5-star hotel in Gdansk and a similar hotel in St. Petersburg. I do not speak Polish but the staff communicates just fine with me. They arranged a taxi pickup at the airport. Could not have been smoother. I am glad I am here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank dadzone
Kaliningrad, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

It was amasing. Very quiet and romantic place not very far from the town

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Milochka
ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2009

Just back from a 4 night stay here with a wedding party. Our room was comfortable and spacious. Reception staff very friendly, however, the hotel does not have a bar, and one must order drinks from restaurant staff. This would be ok except the staff don't seem to want to do their jobs. They would either pretend not to see you or just go away and hide so we could not order. If you did manage to order, they acted as if you were inconveniencing them. I don't think I heard 'you are welcome' or 'thank you' once. When we were departing, one male staff member accused us of not paying for drinks the previous night. I explained it wasn't us and that I hadn't been drinking vodka and that the rest of our party were in the breakfast room so he could ask them. He told me that I was wrong, his colleague had told him, and that I needed to pay. I repeated my previous statement to which he shrugged his shoulders. Would never go back here, also middle of nowhere and you can't get drinks or food after half ten.

• Stayed September 2009
2 Thank limerick15
Surrey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2008

We came to stay at this hotel because our flight was cancelled at Gdansk airport and this one was the closest to go to. When we arrived the outside looked beautiful. When we checked in and opened the door to our room we couldnt believ e how horrible it was. We asked for a double bed and got a twin. The furniture was very old, there wer no extra pillows, no room service, the bin fell off the pedal bin in the bathroom and the towels looked as old as the hotel. We went to the restaurant to have some lunch which was awful and the waitress was pretty miserable and did not speak any English. To top it off we saw a mouse run across the dining room floor! I went to tell the hostess at reception and her response was 'oh my goodness, really?!'. I assumed she would come and see and then call for assistance but I went to sit back down and nobody followed me to check it out or call for maintenance assistance! I couldnt believe it! Even though we only stayed here because our flight home was cancelled that day, I would not recommend it to anyone! Our stay had been at the hotel Dwor Oliwski, which was worth every penny, a real 5* superb hotel...so I suggest you look at staying there...they have their own website in Enlish where you can book!

• Stayed January 2008
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Alisn0910
Southern California, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2006

Very interesting service concept for a Hotel. On arrival we found out the Elevator was broken and since it was after 6:00 pm all porters were sent home. We had to haul our bags to the second floor room. Although the temperature exceeded 85 degrees there was no Air Conditioning and the windows had no screens. The Mosquitos were well fed in the Morning and we had welts from the bites. Although we left after 9:00 am, the porters were still nowhere to be found.

Stayed June 2006