“great hotel close to what's worth seeing in Gdansk”

Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk
Ranked #16 of 85 Hotels in Gdansk
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have been overnight in this hotel in Gdansk, and was pretty satisfied with it. it is very close to pretty much everything you want to include in seeing in Gdansk (at the reception it's also available maps and info stuff you would need).
it's at about 10 min walking distance from the railway station, 5 minutes from the old town and the main walking street, very close also to the old market hall.
we had a room on the 3rd floor, and was very clean, neat and satisfying. all linen and bed sheets were clean, internet was working good. our tv was not working best, but it's something we could live without.
for those that want to go weekend to this hotel, you better don't because it has disco and the parlament club just underground, so all the noise you will hear.
IF you plan on partying at the parlament club -and there is no certain gig with ticket sale-, ask at the reception for the guest card, you can enjoy free entrance with that to the club and i think there were some other stuffs too on it, but can't remember.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Our esteemed Guest,

I would like to thank you for giving us such a nice review. I am pleased that our unique location has allowed Gdansk sightseeing. I am also grateful for the praising the hotel room cleanliness and equipment.
I would like to invite you to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Opted for this property for a 3 night stay to sample Gdansk from our 5 month base in Warsaw. Arrived about 7:30 pm to the hotel after an easy 10 minute walk using the online map for directions. The young man at the reception desk recognized us immediately and we were in our room in another couple of minutes. We were a bit worried about our room location, first floor front just opposite the elevator, but actually we have had no real noise problem. Well street repairs with a jackhammer were a bit loud at 7 am, but I was not at all bothered by any sleeping time street noises. Our room is perhaps on the small side, however it is beautifully decorated and has a very nicely modern bathroom, with personal soaps and shampoo. The desk can provide ice for chilling drinks in the room, and we also got extra pillows for my wife. Excellent staff!!! We had a light dinner last night in their restaurant and sampled their breakfast buffet this morning. The breakfast buffet is actually a good value, by Polish standards, for the range of choices at 30 PLN/person. Perhaps they should consider an option of just the coffee and cold table at 20 PLN?

As another suggestion, the TV channels do NOT NOW offer any English language choices. CNN and Eurosport at least should be available for English guests and UPC cable service offers an optional menu control to strip the dubbing off of American and other English language original programs. We use this at our Warsaw apartment.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gparrott
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Our dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for sharing your nice opinion about the hotel. I am very pleased that your stay in Gdansk and in the hotel was pleasant and the hotel's staff was helpful. I'm glad the hotel's room met your expectations and also our kitchen got your approval.
Our cable TV offers some English channels now. I hope we can get a wider range of channels in the future.
Thank you veru much for your stay and please feel free to pay us the next visit.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

I had a one night business stop over and wanted to be very near the beautifil Old Town centre. This hotel is just within the old town area, but crucially has its own car park, The street entrance takes you within a couple of minutes right to the glorious great streets of Gdansk and are minutes from the cathedral, Town Hall and waterside. The rooms were very comfortable and the breaksfast super.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil P
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Guest of Hotel Wolne Miasto,

thank you very much for such a nice review of our hotel and Gdansk. I am pleased that our unique location has allowed you comfortable exploring our city. I am also grateful for the praise of our rooms and breakfast.
I would like to invite you to visit our city Hotel again.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

This is an ideally located quality hotel just 5 minutes or so walk from the main Railway Station and on the doorstep of the historic Old Town.Very helpful, efficient and friendly staff. Breakfast probably somewhat overpriced in comparison with other hotels at 30 zloty and with not quite as much choice but as much to eat and drink as you want.I did notice one day that the cheese slices looked very tired and the serving plates are very small, so I ended up surrounded by 3 small plates! I stayed here twice having had my return Ryanair flight back to GB cancelled and was more than happy to return to this hotel which I think says it all. On my last night ( Thursday ) there was some audible chattering from nearby until past midnight and I notice that other comments have been made about nightclub noise but this is effectively in the hotel basement so shouldn't be a major problem.No tea or coffee making facilities but a small bottle of water provided. Strangely there is no double quilt provided but as I got a twin bedded room with the beds pushed together and 2 single duvets provided I wasn't cold, perhaps I just like a double duvet on a double bed. The hotel is in some ways a 50s/60s era establishment which may not suit someone expecting modern decor etc but it has been sympathetically modernised and still retains character and old-fashioned style. I should add that the office staff were very patient and helpful dealing with my subsequent requests for a copy bill although I later found that their emails were going into my Spam box! I shall - at the right price - most definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid the night club end. The higher up the better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear Guest of Wolne Miasto Hotel,

thank you for writing this nice review of our hotel. I am glad that you pointed our hotel's convenient location and professional working staff. I'll try to pay more attention to the breakfast buffet, that it could meet more Guest's expectations for the paid price.
I am also thankful for the understanding that in the hotel located in the center of the city, some kind of noise can be heard.
I would like to invite you to Wolne Miasto Hotel in future.

Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

I spent one night innthis hotel being on a business trip to Gdansk.
Tha hotel is very well situated, in the very center of the Old Town of Gdansk.
Rooms are big and very clean, very well fournished - safety locker, hair dryer, slippers, etc.
The bathroom was very clean and spacious.
I would recommend it to all - people on a business trip as well as families with children.
The hotel restaurant proposes a buffet for breakfast with various polish and continenal foods.
Excellent place for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Agnieszka S
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for staying at our Hotel and this very nice review. Also i would like to thank you for giving us your 4th star. I am very pleased to read that the room was clean, well equipped and our breakfast tasted. You are cordially invited to Gdansk and the Wolne Miasto Hotel both in business and private stay.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

If you are heading to Gdansk, I have no hesitation in saying you should stay at the Wolne Miasto. We asked for a non-smoking room, we were put into the Annex which is literally a few steps round the corner from the main reception – this should not put you off from staying here at all. The hotel had fantastic décor throughout, it was spotlessly clean, the staff, in particular the receptionists, were extremely helpful and the breakfast was great with hot items made to order. It is in a great location with lots of restaurants and bars within a few minutes walk, in fact I can recommend the Mexican restaurant underneath the hotel is very good. The hotel should probably be 4* rather than a 3*. A fantastic find altogether.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking your time to give us such nice review.
I am pleased to read that our hotel, according to your opinion, had fantastic décor, was spotlessly clean, the staff, in particular the receptionists, were extremely helpful and the breakfast was great. I would like to ask you to keep Hotel Wolne Miasto in your mind and invite you to use our services in future.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed here for 3 mights in March, having booked through a pre-pay internet site.

Check-in no trouble, lovely big double room (bboke for sole occupancy) on the first floor, great shower room, fluffy towels, good bedlinen, really comfortable bed, all spotlessly clean.

Better still is the location. I was in the 'new' part of the hotel, facing on to Tkacka. Coming out of the hotel, the town wall and land gate are behind you, and the streets running off Tkacka are the main ones running down to the river. Turn right and 10 paces brings you to the top of Ul Piwna and 1 minute to the top of Ul Dluga, the main street through the centre of the Old Town.

Recommended.

Room Tip: I was in room 120, which is above the conference room and adjoins the Grand armoury, so my only neig...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank grh59
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for giving us such a wonderful review. I am glad that our service was efficient and fulfilled all your expectations. I am pleased to hear that the bed was comfortable, bathroom great and the cleanliness of the room so noticeable.
It's very nice that you give us you own recommendation closer to 4-stars hotel.
Please feel invited to our hotel in the future.