“Original touch between old & new town”

Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk
Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Gdansk
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Ended up spending quite a lot of time in the hotel room as my partner caught the flu just before our arrival in Poland, and I can´t complain, it was comfy, clean and original. Good size cupboard, safe and functional bathroom. Bed felt comfortable, almost lusciously soft, but could be due to last trip being to asia. Got a good off-season deal, and am satisfied. Breakfast was ok, nearby several other options at similar prices if it doesnt suit you. Surprisingly close to everything.

Room Tip: Mansard room was great. Even though a on paper just a clean, decent hotel room, still had a great vi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear Hotel Wolne Miasto Guest,

thank you very much for taking your time and sharing with us such a nice opinion about our hotel. I am glad that our hotel's location was convenient and the hotel services met your expectations.
Thank you for your praise of hotel room's cleanliness, the bathroom's functionality and the breakfast.
I'm glad you could take advantage of the off-season deal and stay in our hotel.
I hope that you will choose our property again in future.

Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here second week of May. A very nice hotel split over two entrances. One to the old part, which houses he main bar and restaurant. The other around the corner where only breakfast is served. Also has a limited bar service. We stayed in the newer part, on the third floor. Very warm inside but very clean and quiet. Great thick doors and walls helped for a peaceful nights sleep. The breakfast for me was slightly restricted if you are Irish/British but nice. We had dinner on one of the evenings and it was faultless. You also get 10% off food and drink though I was charged full price for drinks on one occasion. Not a big issue though. Nice staff and good selection of cocktails.
One small issue was the shower in our room was located on the facing wall as you got into the shower not at either end, plus the curtain was v small. Needless to say we had a few puddles on the floor after a shower.
Nevertheless I won't mind going back. Location is right beside Piwna Street so the pubs are 5 mins walk away. You have Pueblo Mexican under the hotel and a lovely and clean Kebab take away nearby for the late nights. All in all I would recommend this place for a quick city break.

• Stayed: May 2013
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Our esteemed Guest,

i would like to thank you for taking your time to write about your experience at Wolne Miasto Hotel.
I am pleased to read that the room was clean and quiet and made possible your restful night's sleep.
I would like to inform you that we serve our breakfast in a buffet form and if there is something we can better we would do it for our Guests with pleasure. To improve the comfort of our Guest's stay we will take more care about the shower curtains.
Thank you very much for giving our hotel your the recommendation.
I would like to invite you to Wolne Miasto Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Excellent hotel, centrally situated, everything you need, clean as a whistle.

We selected the hotel based on the following criteria, tripadvisor top places to stay in Gdansk, removing hotel chains (we can stay in one of these anywhere in the world ~ no thank you) and reasonably priced. we were delighted with this hotel and will use trip advisor again to help us pick a local hotel with personality again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenWilsonQ4S
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Distinguished Guests,

thank you very much for such nice opinion about our property. I am pleased to read that you have chosen our hotel from the Tripadvisor's list as the top places to stay in Gdańsk and were happy to stay in hotel Wolne Miasto. Thank you for our hotel's description as the "local hotel with personality".
Please feel free to visit us again in future.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have been overnight in this hotel in Gdansk, and was pretty satisfied with it. it is very close to pretty much everything you want to include in seeing in Gdansk (at the reception it's also available maps and info stuff you would need).
it's at about 10 min walking distance from the railway station, 5 minutes from the old town and the main walking street, very close also to the old market hall.
we had a room on the 3rd floor, and was very clean, neat and satisfying. all linen and bed sheets were clean, internet was working good. our tv was not working best, but it's something we could live without.
for those that want to go weekend to this hotel, you better don't because it has disco and the parlament club just underground, so all the noise you will hear.
IF you plan on partying at the parlament club -and there is no certain gig with ticket sale-, ask at the reception for the guest card, you can enjoy free entrance with that to the club and i think there were some other stuffs too on it, but can't remember.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Our esteemed Guest,

I would like to thank you for giving us such a nice review. I am pleased that our unique location has allowed Gdansk sightseeing. I am also grateful for the praising the hotel room cleanliness and equipment.
I would like to invite you to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Opted for this property for a 3 night stay to sample Gdansk from our 5 month base in Warsaw. Arrived about 7:30 pm to the hotel after an easy 10 minute walk using the online map for directions. The young man at the reception desk recognized us immediately and we were in our room in another couple of minutes. We were a bit worried about our room location, first floor front just opposite the elevator, but actually we have had no real noise problem. Well street repairs with a jackhammer were a bit loud at 7 am, but I was not at all bothered by any sleeping time street noises. Our room is perhaps on the small side, however it is beautifully decorated and has a very nicely modern bathroom, with personal soaps and shampoo. The desk can provide ice for chilling drinks in the room, and we also got extra pillows for my wife. Excellent staff!!! We had a light dinner last night in their restaurant and sampled their breakfast buffet this morning. The breakfast buffet is actually a good value, by Polish standards, for the range of choices at 30 PLN/person. Perhaps they should consider an option of just the coffee and cold table at 20 PLN?

As another suggestion, the TV channels do NOT NOW offer any English language choices. CNN and Eurosport at least should be available for English guests and UPC cable service offers an optional menu control to strip the dubbing off of American and other English language original programs. We use this at our Warsaw apartment.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gparrott
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Our dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for sharing your nice opinion about the hotel. I am very pleased that your stay in Gdansk and in the hotel was pleasant and the hotel's staff was helpful. I'm glad the hotel's room met your expectations and also our kitchen got your approval.
Our cable TV offers some English channels now. I hope we can get a wider range of channels in the future.
Thank you veru much for your stay and please feel free to pay us the next visit.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

I had a one night business stop over and wanted to be very near the beautifil Old Town centre. This hotel is just within the old town area, but crucially has its own car park, The street entrance takes you within a couple of minutes right to the glorious great streets of Gdansk and are minutes from the cathedral, Town Hall and waterside. The rooms were very comfortable and the breaksfast super.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil P
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Guest of Hotel Wolne Miasto,

thank you very much for such a nice review of our hotel and Gdansk. I am pleased that our unique location has allowed you comfortable exploring our city. I am also grateful for the praise of our rooms and breakfast.
I would like to invite you to visit our city Hotel again.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

This is an ideally located quality hotel just 5 minutes or so walk from the main Railway Station and on the doorstep of the historic Old Town.Very helpful, efficient and friendly staff. Breakfast probably somewhat overpriced in comparison with other hotels at 30 zloty and with not quite as much choice but as much to eat and drink as you want.I did notice one day that the cheese slices looked very tired and the serving plates are very small, so I ended up surrounded by 3 small plates! I stayed here twice having had my return Ryanair flight back to GB cancelled and was more than happy to return to this hotel which I think says it all. On my last night ( Thursday ) there was some audible chattering from nearby until past midnight and I notice that other comments have been made about nightclub noise but this is effectively in the hotel basement so shouldn't be a major problem.No tea or coffee making facilities but a small bottle of water provided. Strangely there is no double quilt provided but as I got a twin bedded room with the beds pushed together and 2 single duvets provided I wasn't cold, perhaps I just like a double duvet on a double bed. The hotel is in some ways a 50s/60s era establishment which may not suit someone expecting modern decor etc but it has been sympathetically modernised and still retains character and old-fashioned style. I should add that the office staff were very patient and helpful dealing with my subsequent requests for a copy bill although I later found that their emails were going into my Spam box! I shall - at the right price - most definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid the night club end. The higher up the better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Joanna N, General Manager at Wolne Miasto Hotel- Old Town Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear Guest of Wolne Miasto Hotel,

thank you for writing this nice review of our hotel. I am glad that you pointed our hotel's convenient location and professional working staff. I'll try to pay more attention to the breakfast buffet, that it could meet more Guest's expectations for the paid price.
I am also thankful for the understanding that in the hotel located in the center of the city, some kind of noise can be heard.
I would like to invite you to Wolne Miasto Hotel in future.