“nice stay”

Ranked #39 of 83 Hotels in Gdansk
Brecon, Wales, United Kingdom
“nice stay”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

was in gdansk for a few days and i stayed in the willa biala lilia it was a nice stay yes the room was small but it was clean and the internet was good the room was warm because it was minus 10 outside. just a few mins walk to the town breaskfast was a buffet and it was in a quiet street which was good.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Nice hotel, less than 5m walk to the Old Town. We spent 3 nights there. Our room was big and clean but the higlight is breakfast! A buffet breakfast serves hearty polish food as well as continental style, with a big variety. We cannot resist from trying a bit of everything...ending in stuffing ourselves for the day! Wireless is available.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 12 August 2012

A nice enough hotel a few steps away from the Old Town, on a quiet street on an island in the Motlawa river. The location is good for sightseeing, of course because of the nearby Old Town, but also because the sightseeing boats and ferries leave from very nearby – to various places along the coast (like the Hel peninsula, the bird reservation at Sobieszewo, and Westerplatte, the place where WW2 started). The tram stops about 100 m away from the hotel (south), and you can go to the nearest beach (Stogi Plaza) in only a 20 min tram journey. Tickets to buses and trams you can buy in a small grocery store on the parallell street of Stagiewna (north), for less than a euro a piece.

The second very good reason (besides location) to stay in this hotel is the breakfast, which include a good variety of Polish meat and dairy products: Sausages, fresh cheese, yoghurts etc. There are several types of bread, müsli, and even a good selection of seasonal fruits. A small minus for the (lack of) cake selection, which can sometimes in Poland be really nice – at this hotel, however, your are left with some very sweet bisquits and short breads.

The room itself we found a tiny bit disappointing, although for the prize I guess it wasn’t so bad. The first night I slept on a bed so hard I woke up everytime I turned around, but in the morning we discovered my boyfriend’s bed was quite comfortable in comparison. I wanted to complain, but my boyfriend had the bright idea of trying to turn the mattress upside down, and actually that did the trick! The mattresses did actually have a hard and a somewhat less hard side (although I would really like to see the person who might sleep comfortably on the former).

The furnishing of our room on the second floor was very basic, with absolutely nothing for ornament or cozyness. There were two beds, a small table, two wooden chairs, and a tv – but no water boiler, fridge or mini bar. Instead of the too many closets I might have wished for a place (on the floor, on a table) to put my suitcase (except for under the bed), but hey, maybe Polish people unpack all their luggage even for a night? On the bright side the free wifi worked quite well, the bathroom was very clean, and we slept well every night. We always had enough towels, and new water bottles (carbonated and plain) were supplied for free every day.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a good base for excursions and sightseeing, for eating out and strolling around the old town, but maybe not for people who plan to spend a lot of time inside the hotel, for romantic or business purposes.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bharfot
London
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights last weekend.

A good location and reasonable room ,nothing luxurious but for the price OK.

One of the best breakfasts I have had in Continental Europe- a wide range of cereals,meats,cheese,sausages and vegetables.So much more than the roll,croissant and cup of coffee that is served for breakfast in many European hotels.

Great location near the centre and Marina but a good distance from the train station and bus stop for the airport bus.

I will stay here again next time I visit Gdansk.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I had not stayed here for several years, and spent 5 nights on business last week. This trip was just fine, the hotel is small, comfortable, convenient, and well priced. Nice breakfast, now has wireless, easy to get to Stare Miasto (old town). The only minor drawback is lack of elevator/lift - no problem for me, especially with the price being so reasonable. You will like it.

Room Tip: Both sides of hotel are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Because it is tucked away on a side street it is quiet which is nice and it is very close to town. That said, the accommodations are just average as is breakfast. No elevator so had to haul my stuff up many stairs. You won't go wrong with this place but it is nothing special.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I liked this hotel. I couldn't find it to begin with as it is tucked away on a side street, but it is very near the City centre and within walking distance (maybe 15 mins or so for brisk walkers, maybe half an hour for leisurely ones) of the train station.

I went off season, so the hotel was very empty. My room was lovely. Quite large and very long with an en suite shower room. I also had a little "stage" near the window with two armchairs and a table. It was very tasteful, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful, buffet style, and very tasty. I always seemed to be the only one there. There is no lift, however, and I was on the top floor, so had to lug my bag upstairs, but no big tragedy really, but travellers with disabilities may find access difficult, so bear this in mind.

The reception staff were very helpful and polite, always greeting you with a smile when you walked past. I had lots of my own papers with me and I am very prone to leave them in messy piles. When I returned the cleaning staff had tidied them up for me, which was a lovely touch.

Overall, if I was to go back on season, I would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo