“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Gdansk
Cork, Ireland
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The room was clean and nicely furnished.The staff was very helpful too, overall we had really pleasant stay.
Hotel was very cheap to overnight in, maybe because we chose not to have breakfast.
The only downside is the rooms don't have phones to call reception or external calls.
They also are not equiped with tea/ coffee making facilities.
Towels and bed sheets were not changed during our 4 night stay- average maid staff, reception staff were very good.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
LaPetiteHania, Owner at La Petite B&B, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
We feel terribly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with your room. Your bed sheets should be changed after two days of your stay. They haven't been and maid stuff got reminded about your case. About towels, it's enough that you drop them on the floor, stuff is changing then them. It is written on the bathroom's leaflet. You may change it every day if you wish. We hope to see you once again and re compensate all inconvenience. Thank you for your positive review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
usa
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This was probably the best hotel we stayed in during our travels in Poland. The owner is super friendly and nice. The room was big and very comfortable, and the bathroom was big and nice. The hotel is very clean. The complementary breakfast they served was the best part of the deal... they cooked up a storm! The only downside was that it was slightly away from the main city and market place, but it is close enough to a local train stop that takes you directly to the main city. Overall, a fantastic experience that we'd love to enjoy again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandschd
Thank you very much for this great review. We hope to see you once again some day!
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Needing to get away - and helped by fellow travellers' reviews here on Tripadvisor, I decided to stay a couple of days at 'La Petite'. This I did not regret for a second (thank you, travellers!) and the two days were quickly prolonged for the rest of my stay in Gdansk!

I was always welcomed by the staff, and especially the owners of the place - who were not only managing the place, but also working at the reception to provide the highest level of service, and making sure the guests felt welcome and comfortable during their whole stay. They took more time to help out, recommending places, mapping, googling, giving advice - than one could ever ask for.

The tramway (which is located just a 2-min walk from the hotel) will in 5-6 minutes take you to the very heart of Gdansk (the Old Town) - and it's actually nice to 'retire' back to a quiet place after visiting the city. The rooms are fairly large, with wonderful, luxurious bathrooms. There's a big plasma-tv and flawless Wi-Fi.

I fell in love with the place and will return there again for sure! :))

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Daniel-Lars
LaPetiteHania, Owner at La Petite B&B, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Thank you Mister for your positive and warm review. The whole crew is happy to meet you, especially the owner. We wish you all the best and hope to see you once again.
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Excellent price value, combined with the best traditions of superb Polish service and friendliness. This is why the hotel gets full marks. Only 2 mins walk gets you to the tram station which takes you to the centre in 10mins or less. The room was clean and nice size. Note there is no elevator so if you have a lot of luggage try and get a room lower down. The price for a room was really good. We stayed in room 12 at the top of the house with a very nice view over the city. I think the area is safe, we had the badge stolen off the front of the car, but I guess that was just kids. Recommend staying there if you are visiting Gdansk.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Small, smart hotel which is a short, easy tram ride to the beautiful city centre. It has nice, modern rooms, with excellent wifi. Self-service breakfast, which was tasty. Staff were friendly and helpful too. This was a business trip, but I would return as a tourist too.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I only chose this hotel because of the positive references I saw in this website but my experience there was a total disaster. We stayed 3 nights there and nobody cleaned our room. I complained about it at the reception desk and the receptionist said: "no way!" as if it was not true. Anyway he wrote it down but nothing happened. Our room was quite big and I have no complaints about that but the bed linen was dirty and smells like old and dry sweat. I also found a lot of hair in the bed and pillows from previous guests. In my last day I got sick cause I am highly allergic to dust and nobody cleaned our room during our staying so I complained again with another receptionist at the check out but she kept interrupting me and saying that I was all the time in the room and that is why nobody ever cleaned it. I asked if she would like to see my pictures in my camera, showing that we went out a lot in Gdansk but she refused. She called the housekeeper and told her what I said about the lack of service in my room and the woman started shouting in polish that I was lying which was horrible.The receptionist was not professional as she should talk to the housekeeper in private instead of putting her in front of us to confront us in a language we didn't understand. When the housekeeper started shouting, nobody from the staff did anything. I felt disrespected and humiliated. I also complained about the breakfast cause when something finishes they often don't replace it so we had to eat our breakfast early in the morning if we wanted to find enough food to eat! The free wifi in the room never worked. It was my birthday and I wanted to check my birthday wishes but I couldn't. By the way I asked the hotel if they had something special for guests that have their birthdays during their staying there cause in my country the hotels always give you an upgrade or a free drink whatsoever. They said they could provide something as long as I paid for it. They have no elevators and nobody will help you with your luggage, so if you are in the last floor be ready to carry some weight up and down the stairs. The elevator issue is also a problem at night cause we could hear the other guests leaving and arriving all the time and it is impossible to sleep well with all the noise. I sent an email to the hotel after leaving Poland to complain about my staying there and the same woman who talked to me when I checked out sent me a couple emails offending me and not apologizing which was strange. I mean, they made a mistake and they talked to me in a rude way?? She was only nice to me when I said that I would write about it on Trip Advisor but that's too late now! She was not professional at all and she was quite rude so when I decided to treat her the same way she said I was not being nice (oh really??) Anyway I don't recommend this place and I don't see why everyone here loved it so much. It's not located downtown, food is so-so, rooms are dusty and service is horrible. I could spend the whole day talking about the bad things I saw and the horrible treatment I got but to sum up: going to this place was a HUGE mistake that I will never make again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple