“Highly recommended”

Cuisines: Israeli
Orange County, California
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I never had Israeli/Jewish food before but I wanted to try it out. This place was amazing. The food was fresh and flavorful. I can't recommend this place enough. The atmosphere is cozy and so comfy you could end up spending hours here. There's only three beers (we tried them all) and two wines (one red, one white). I loved the red wine and was thrilled the options didn't confuse us. It was clear that the drink menu was thought through and deliberate. We ordered the hummus, matzo ball soup, smalec, and Israeli shawarma. The smalec was made from goose fat (different than the traditional Polish highlander/Góralski smalec lard). It was awesome. The shawarma was my favorite. It was exactly what I wanted without even knowing I wanted it. So fresh, so many flavors and textures, I seriously couldn't get enough. The staff was friendly, helpful, and attentive. And when the bill came? We were pleasantly surprised at how satisfied we were with our meal and how affordable our dinner and drinks were.

• Visited May 2014