“Really bad food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Sopot Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Sopot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Sopot
“Really bad food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

If you want canned food, this is your destination. The Sheraton Sopot kitchen is possibly the worst in town, although a quick microwave can be handy on those moments of desperation. The mexican wrap is a scary little dish.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank klemczak
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear klemczak,
Thank you for your review. I am really sorry to read that you had a negative experience in one of our restaurants. It must have been a one-off failure and please accept my apologies for that. I can assure you that all our food is prepared from fresh produce and you would not find canned food in our kitchen. I would gladly get more details offline to be able to follow up when and where you had this unsatisfactory experience since we do not carry such item on our menus. However I have addressed this to our Executive chef right away. Thank you once again and I invite you to give us another chance to prove to you that we can deliver top quality food and service.
Yours truly
ivatri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Very well located, close to the beach, Sopot Molo and "Monciak". Wen comes to service, rooms - can not complain at all. I was positively surprise with the breakfast, great choice, fresh fruits and juices, tasty coffee and possibility to have your breakfast outside. The price is quite high so maybe it is better to find good deals in the internet. if you want to spend some time in SPA make sure you will make some reservation in advance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Just came home from a 5 day stay at this hotel. It has been a true pleasure. From the fantastic breakfast outside with a nice summer breeze to the great customer service at every encounter with the staff, this hotel has it all. I personally loved the perfect location next to the beach and the famous sopot pier and the cosy town. The private beach is great and next to a beach bar to enjoy some drinks in the sun on a sun bed. The rooms are very spacioius. With the sea view it is absolutely fantastic to wake up on a very comfortable bed i must say. A total recommendation for everyone looking for a hotel where you will feel at home from day one. Will definetely return to this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear Michiel P

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned. Looking forward to your next visit and thank you for your recommendations
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a perfect location in downtown of Sopot - you cannot find better place if you love this town and you can afford this hotel.
They have an outstanding service. The place is really great.

I had a beautiful apartment with sea view.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Jerzy K

I am very thankful that you have qualified our service as " outstanding" . And I can assure you that we will focus to keep it consistently outstanding. Your comments made our associates very proud and happy that their efforts have not gone unnoticed .
MIchigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

My first vacation in this relatively new establishment in Sopot. I knew Sopot very well from my childhood. I'm originally from Poland . My dream was always to stay in Grand Hotel . This time on an advise from my friends I decided to "try" Sheraton and no regrets. Next to Sofitel Grand, but even closer to a famous Sopot's pier. We were given upgrade to a specious room with sofa ( traveling with 5 years old grandson), corner and wonderful view of pier and Gdansk gulf. As always , in Sheraton , toiletries , towels, linen etc. the first class. Very professional and genuinely nice personnel. i was personally greeted by a front room manager and some sweats as well as small gifts for a child were sent to a room. Very convenient child activities room available.The buffet breakfast included in a hotel price and excellent. One cannot image more plaint full and quality food. It was always strange to me,to see some reports about "poor" breakfast selection by some of the reviewers. My feelings is, that the same persons did not have one tenth of it at their own home.
We visited the indoor swimming pool, very nice one, but required on adult to be with child ( depth). One has to prepared, that at time hotel seems to be crowded ( conferences), but still function well. Sopot itself is doing very well is a wonderful place for a vacation ( not only beach area). We also travel To old town in Gdansk ( easy 15 min. train travel).
I did stop at Grand, which is still very grandiose, but no regrets. Rooms are probably better at Sheraton (personal preference). I hope, you will have a good time in Sheraton Sopot.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Iowl,
It is a pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed your time spend with us and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support. And also for taking the time to share details with the travelling society. We cannot describe our hotel better than the words of our customers and such reviews build trust and help people make their choice. We invite you to visit us again and remain at your disposal.
Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

The ferry from Sopot to Hel had left 35 mins. early from schedule (strange but true), so I needed help in order to get to my destitnation.

A receptionist in Sheraton saved my day. Provided all the crucial info in good english. Big thanks for that.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear F1NN3,

thank you for your kind words of appreciation. I have shared them with our Reception associates. No one recalls any " life saving" action but apparently what we did was helpful and I am pleased to hear. Hope to see you back in the hotel soon.
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here twice on business during the course of a year. Decided to write a review after a disastrous experience with the Mera hotel which on the date of our arrival called to tell us that the 3 rooms that we had reserved and paid for up front 4 months earlier were unavailable and offered us a stay in an unfinished condo/timeshare complex with no restaurant, bar or breakfast on site. After this experience we all knew - next time no more experimenting and we go to the Sheraton where service, rooms, breakfast, location and sea view (and sound) are impeccable.

On one occasion I left a pair of trousers in the room and in order to trace them had to end up e-mailing the hotel manager. She got personally involved, the trousers were found and mailed back to me and the manager acknowledged that they need to change their process concerning lost & found to avoid items slipping through the net as had happpened in my case. Completely open and honest approach, so different than what we experienced at the Mera where we never learnt what they had actually done with our rooms.

Only thing I don't like is that to get from the underground parking to the hotel you need to walk outside - not great if it's raining or you have heavy luggage so drop it off first and then park your car.

Room Tip: Shoot for the direct sea view rooms