“Pomeranian Perfection!”

Sheraton Sopot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Sopot
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Having visited the lovely town of Sopot before, we chose Christmas at the Sheraton this time, because it has such a superb reputation and for its prime location.
Sited adjacent to the famous 'Molo' pier - the longest wooden example in Poland - it is also near to the Monte Cassino main street of the city of Sopot - one of the the Tri-Cities, together with Gdansk and Gdynia. These are steeped in Polish 20th century history.
The hotel was really first class in every respect. The staff were courteous, conscientious and efficient. We found that they all understood English, which was just as well for we (still!) have no Polish! We did find the food in the Wave restaurant a bit 'samey', in whichever guise it was used. We didn't try the Asian restaurants but the Vinoteque was excellent, providing an enormous range of wines-by-the-glass and light eats to accompany these.
The spa was possibly the very best which we have ever experienced. Although hotel clients had free use of the swimming pool, you paid for the rest of the spa which included two steam rooms, sauna and jacuzzi, but these were well worth the extra. Of course, in warmer weather, being on the beach adjacent to the lovely non-tidal, and clean, Baltic Sea, (Are you listening, Mediterranean?), you can always have a dip in the sea - or just enjoy the white sandy beach.
All in all, a really delightful seven days. Congratulations Sheraton. We shall definitely return.

Room Tip: Obviously, try for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Richard H,

Thank you very much for your lovely description of Sopot and its potential and for your kind words towards our associates. Sopot is indeed a hidden treasure on the Baltic coast and although well known in Poland the city remains a secret to the international traveler. Summer is beautiful and a lot livelier with plenty of cultural events going on. Well , the water temperature in the Baltic may vary from the Mediterranean, however the sandy beaches and the numerous other possibilities for outdoor activities make it a strong competitor. Looking forward to your next visit to Sheraton Sopot

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Stoped here for one night with my 7 year old child. Shortly before arrival I called to check opening hours for the swimming pool. I was told the opening hours are 7-22. We arrived, checked in around 17:30. Went to the pool area and to my big surprise we were told that children are not allowed after 18:00. To make this story short: not a family frendly hotel. Will not be coming back!

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Tomaszworldtraveler
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience. With regret I read that you have decided not to come to our hotel because of the restrictions that we have on the use of the pool. Due to our extensive Spa facilities and numerous Spa members the hotel has limited the time to use the pool by children from 11am to 6pm. Such regulation allows both travelers with children and those that cherish the tranquility of the spa to have their time at the pool. I believe a child looking forward to a swim may be very disappointed to be told that it is not possible. Our associates usually direct guests to the nearby aquapark which with extended kids facilities makes it up for the inconvenience. Or we encourage parents to take advantage of our kids club and entertain their little ones there.

Yours respectfully,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Unfortunately I never receive free late checkout. This time was offered to me to pay 45PLN per each hour after midday. I just asked for check out at 2pm. No matter if I am gold member of Starwood program. Therefore if you ask for late checkout sometimes it's more convenient to get additional night rate instead of paying for every additional hour.
Having lunch in hotel seems to be also another problem. Hotel has 2 restaurants about which I am aware and I was informed that they both open at 4pm... We could have just something to eat in lobby bar or Rotunda cafeteria, Probably other guests are not used to have lunch in this hotel...
I had a business meeting in this hotel. I had to check out around 9am and leave my luggage in storage room as I knew that I will not finish before midday. I wanted to avoid extra charge for late checkout. After checking out I was spending morning in Rotunda cafeteria. When we left Rotunda and wanted to go back to lobby I realized that I have to open door to corridor by using my room card. Unfortunately it was not working anymore. Therefore we had to go out of the building and walk around it in rain in order to reach lobby... that is also another inconvenience that I realized during this stay.
I perceive this hotel as really nice place to stay, very comfortable and relaxing - but if you want to eat rather go outside of hotel to another close restaurant. Regarding additional services - rather do not ask more - and forget about late checkout.

If you have to take taxi to the airport I recommend hotel taxi. It's comfortable and not expensive *(90PLN one way).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Martin P
I am sorry to read that we have failed to deliver upon your expectations. It sounds like it has been an unfortunate sequence of events that have ruined the positive experiences you had previously in our hotel Please accept my most sincere apologies. As a Gold SPG member you are entitled to a free 16:00 pm check out. I will make sure that our Front office staff not only recognizes but honour the benefits of our most frequent guests. I will gladly meet you on your next visit and apologize personally . I can assure you the events as described are not indicative in any way of our usual level of service.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here for business for a week. Everything about the hotel was top quality. Easy to check in and out, nice staff - on reception, for breakfast and in the Asian Restaurant. Really good food - again especially in the Asian restaurant. I would rate this above the Sofitel having stayed in both.

In response to earlier comments - also no issues with noise from the aircon.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Oxforshire70

Pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable and you have appreciated the food in our InAzia restaurant. I am aware that it takes a little walk to get to the restaurant but once there, the food and the view makes it up for the shortfall. Hope to see you coming back to Sopot more often and hear your constructive feedback on our service and facilities.
And thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travelling community.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was really impressed by both the staff and the hotel amenities (although I don't really use much of amenities). I guess I mean appointments. Hotel staff was fantastic!! Very passible english which helped me quite a bit. At the bar the staff was very helpful with the local Vodka :-) The actual hotel was well appointed (modern) and really clean. It was this trip that inspired me to sign up for SPG. I wish all hotels (especially at this price point) were this quality.
2 minute walk to some nice restaurants. Walked "home" from a dinner along the beach for about 1km ... awesome. Oh and the breakfast was great.

Room Tip: I have only been in one "garden view" room. It was great. An angled view of the sea.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Your review have made all our associates very happy that their efforts to make our guests’ experiences flawless and pleasant have succeeded. Sopot is a great city to spend time at leisure and offers great entrainment, views and some great restaurants and bars. Ours ranking amongst the top 5 in the city.
I am appreciative that you have decided to share your experience with other fellow travelers and hopeful that you will assist us in promoting the destination.
Kind regards

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a fantastic trip, very kid friendly area. The hotel has an indoor pool that my daughter loved, and an amazing indoor play-area. The hotel is geared to adults but, it also great for our three year old!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Vanessa M
Great to hear that your little one liked our kids facilities. The kids club is indeed great fun for the young ones.
We invite you to visit Sopot in summer and enjoy the endless beaches and the outdoor activities that the city is famous for. I am confident you will find it most enjoyable.
Yours truly

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveller and stay more than 125 nights every year at hotels over the world. But the Sheraton Sopot has it's unique charm and character which make my every stay special. The front desk is filled with smiles that comfort and the lobby is filled with warmth that makes me feel home. The rooms, no matter which one I stay in, are beautiful, full of light and functionality.
The hotel overlooks the Baltic Sea on one side and is a cross road from the old town on the other. I never felt on business myself when I stay there, as life in this hotel is full of taste, color, fun, tranquility and beauty.

A sincere guest!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear KorsGeorge
That is so very kind of you. I know happy guests keep on coming back and this is how they express their satisfaction. Taking the time to write such review and sharing your experience is going “ beyond the call of duty”. Such public statements of praise really make our staff feel appreciated and thank you for helping me boosting their confidence and motivation to deliver great customer service. Looking forward to your next visit.