“One fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Sopot
Beverley, United Kingdom
“One fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stay here when I'm ever in the area. Great, clean hotel. Great location overlooking the sea and park. Rooms are very clean and very quite. The hotel is huge but every where I went within the grounds and hotel itself was spotlessly clean. Well worth the money to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Andy H
We all highly appreciate positive customer feedback but your review made our Housekeeping staff very proud and happy. They understand better than anyone what it takes to make a place spotless and work hard to ensure it is. I count on your continuous support and thank you for taking the time to comment.
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Another stay and great time again.

I absolutelly recommend Club Room. These are located on last floor then both see and park exposition offer view and feeling of space. Club Room rate includes internet, swimming pool and spa access and club lounge. In particular the last option is great - since morning they offer snacks then lunch and evening menu, including soft drinks and selected wines. Club Lounge has a great view over famous pier. Highly recommended.

As ALWAYS: great service at the reception which positive and friendly attitude.

The place to come back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear LukaszNowakowski,
How nice to read that you have yet again enjoyed your stay in our hotel. And thank you for sharing details and advice with other travelers. Our Club lounge indeed offers a spectacular view to the pier but please come and visit in summer when the fountain will be functional and the terraces open. A great enhancement to the view. Hope to see you soon.
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is a 5 star hotel, and it`s normal to have high expectations. We where there with a group of 7 friends and we all loved it. We had booked upgraded rooms, but the prize was not very different from a regular room.

The rooms were supernice, but what we liked the most was the lobby area. The interior really catched our eyes. It was beautiful. Great place to share a drink in front of the fireplace.

The location of the hotel is also perfect, right on the beach and only a meters from the center where all the restaurants and nightclubs are.

I would like to say that we did react on the "speed" of the staff. Everything went in slow motion, and since I work in the hotel business I should know what I am talking about. It could take up to 10 minutes to get a beer to the sitting groups, even when the place was empty. Also the check-in went extremely slowly. But it didn`t ruin the over all great impression we got from the hotel.

Highly recommendid.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for your review and your constructive feedback. I will address the service issue that you described with the associates. We all strive for consistency and reliable service. Hope this minor inconvenience will not deter you from choosing our hotel in the future. And thank you for recommending us.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Having visited the lovely town of Sopot before, we chose Christmas at the Sheraton this time, because it has such a superb reputation and for its prime location.
Sited adjacent to the famous 'Molo' pier - the longest wooden example in Poland - it is also near to the Monte Cassino main street of the city of Sopot - one of the the Tri-Cities, together with Gdansk and Gdynia. These are steeped in Polish 20th century history.
The hotel was really first class in every respect. The staff were courteous, conscientious and efficient. We found that they all understood English, which was just as well for we (still!) have no Polish! We did find the food in the Wave restaurant a bit 'samey', in whichever guise it was used. We didn't try the Asian restaurants but the Vinoteque was excellent, providing an enormous range of wines-by-the-glass and light eats to accompany these.
The spa was possibly the very best which we have ever experienced. Although hotel clients had free use of the swimming pool, you paid for the rest of the spa which included two steam rooms, sauna and jacuzzi, but these were well worth the extra. Of course, in warmer weather, being on the beach adjacent to the lovely non-tidal, and clean, Baltic Sea, (Are you listening, Mediterranean?), you can always have a dip in the sea - or just enjoy the white sandy beach.
All in all, a really delightful seven days. Congratulations Sheraton. We shall definitely return.

Room Tip: Obviously, try for a sea view room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Richard H,

Thank you very much for your lovely description of Sopot and its potential and for your kind words towards our associates. Sopot is indeed a hidden treasure on the Baltic coast and although well known in Poland the city remains a secret to the international traveler. Summer is beautiful and a lot livelier with plenty of cultural events going on. Well , the water temperature in the Baltic may vary from the Mediterranean, however the sandy beaches and the numerous other possibilities for outdoor activities make it a strong competitor. Looking forward to your next visit to Sheraton Sopot
Poznan, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Stoped here for one night with my 7 year old child. Shortly before arrival I called to check opening hours for the swimming pool. I was told the opening hours are 7-22. We arrived, checked in around 17:30. Went to the pool area and to my big surprise we were told that children are not allowed after 18:00. To make this story short: not a family frendly hotel. Will not be coming back!

Stayed December 2013
4 Thank Tomaszworldtraveler
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Please accept my apology for the inconvenience. With regret I read that you have decided not to come to our hotel because of the restrictions that we have on the use of the pool. Due to our extensive Spa facilities and numerous Spa members the hotel has limited the time to use the pool by children from 11am to 6pm. Such regulation allows both travelers with children and those that cherish the tranquility of the spa to have their time at the pool. I believe a child looking forward to a swim may be very disappointed to be told that it is not possible. Our associates usually direct guests to the nearby aquapark which with extended kids facilities makes it up for the inconvenience. Or we encourage parents to take advantage of our kids club and entertain their little ones there.

Yours respectfully,
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Unfortunately I never receive free late checkout. This time was offered to me to pay 45PLN per each hour after midday. I just asked for check out at 2pm. No matter if I am gold member of Starwood program. Therefore if you ask for late checkout sometimes it's more convenient to get additional night rate instead of paying for every additional hour.
Having lunch in hotel seems to be also another problem. Hotel has 2 restaurants about which I am aware and I was informed that they both open at 4pm... We could have just something to eat in lobby bar or Rotunda cafeteria, Probably other guests are not used to have lunch in this hotel...
I had a business meeting in this hotel. I had to check out around 9am and leave my luggage in storage room as I knew that I will not finish before midday. I wanted to avoid extra charge for late checkout. After checking out I was spending morning in Rotunda cafeteria. When we left Rotunda and wanted to go back to lobby I realized that I have to open door to corridor by using my room card. Unfortunately it was not working anymore. Therefore we had to go out of the building and walk around it in rain in order to reach lobby... that is also another inconvenience that I realized during this stay.
I perceive this hotel as really nice place to stay, very comfortable and relaxing - but if you want to eat rather go outside of hotel to another close restaurant. Regarding additional services - rather do not ask more - and forget about late checkout.

If you have to take taxi to the airport I recommend hotel taxi. It's comfortable and not expensive *(90PLN one way).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Martin P
I am sorry to read that we have failed to deliver upon your expectations. It sounds like it has been an unfortunate sequence of events that have ruined the positive experiences you had previously in our hotel Please accept my most sincere apologies. As a Gold SPG member you are entitled to a free 16:00 pm check out. I will make sure that our Front office staff not only recognizes but honour the benefits of our most frequent guests. I will gladly meet you on your next visit and apologize personally . I can assure you the events as described are not indicative in any way of our usual level of service.
Yours sincerely
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here for business for a week. Everything about the hotel was top quality. Easy to check in and out, nice staff - on reception, for breakfast and in the Asian Restaurant. Really good food - again especially in the Asian restaurant. I would rate this above the Sofitel having stayed in both.

In response to earlier comments - also no issues with noise from the aircon.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ivatri, General Manager at Sheraton Sopot Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Oxforshire70

Pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable and you have appreciated the food in our InAzia restaurant. I am aware that it takes a little walk to get to the restaurant but once there, the food and the view makes it up for the shortfall. Hope to see you coming back to Sopot more often and hear your constructive feedback on our service and facilities.
And thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travelling community.