“Fantastic place...”

Cuisines: Polish
London
“Fantastic place...”
Reviewed 17 December 2010

We have been dining in their splendid restaurant for several years now. To be honest, every time we visit 3City (2-3 times a year:) And it never disappoints - they offer high quality service, great food and surprisingly affordable selection of French, Italian or Argentinian wines... Great location, just a few minutes walk from the beach or the corso. My friends stayed in their hotel and loved the atmosphere and a high standard of rooms and service.

I always recommend this to friends looking for a special place to stay:)

2 Thank EwaMac

• Polish first
scotland
“superb”
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Read earlier comment from Aug . My partner and I had the complete opposit experience lovely meal , service and atmosphere . Chatted to staff and receptionist at main desk .We had a one of the best meals in Sopot though plenty good places to choose from.

1 Thank cath31
Vienna, Austria
“Lovely restaurant shame about the food”
Reviewed 28 August 2010

This restaurant is well presented and we were received with quick and attentive service - not always the case in Sopot where it is often difficult to interrupt the waiting staff conversations on their electronic comunnication devices! The rooms are nice with tables well spaced. However, the menu was a disaster. It is quite a short menu anyway and two of the main dishes were not available (reminiscences of the old days?) The soups to start were rather good, and a clever mix of white and green asparagus soup looked attractive and tasted good, Though neither soups were very hot. The main course - duck - was in my view totally inedible. My companion asked for more gravy and managed to moisten the meat enough to chew it. But I gave up. It was not only over cooked but massacred. My guess is that it had been cooked once for an earlier menu and then reheated - it was disgraceful and should never have got as far as the table -and frankly in any responsible establishment even in Poland - it would not have been served. They knew it because there was no comment as I returned my plate the duck cut into cardboard slices but uneaten. We were of course charged for this disgusting experience. There are some quite good emerging restaurants in Sopot now, and some more basic traditional ones with only Polish menus and which try to deter tourists, battle through with the phrase book and one does very well. I don't think this place is worth a second visit.