“Just great staff”

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Sopot
Chester, United Kingdom
“Just great staff”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Everyone can rent rooms to tourist, very few can run a hotel like these guys......It;"s worth a visit trust me. I went with a group of 11 recently the rooms have private showers like little rooms and the staff are very attentive to your every need, excellent menu and chef will take orders......what can i say just fantastic

1 Thank Bwrrite55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The big hotels should visit this hotel and learn the meaning of customer service. I stayed at Villa Antonina with a party of 11 friends and we were looked after from the moment we checked into the hotel.
The owners Katrina, Andrew and Andrew’s wife were a joy to be around. Tomas, the head of the Bar Tenders is a top guy. Tomas went beyond the call of duty to create the best meal and drinks for us before leaving for the UK the following morning.
If you are visiting Sopot and you need a hotel, please please stay at Villa Antonina. You will have the best hotel experience ever.

1 Thank Phinsa
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

First of all I would disregard any comments about this hotel placed before May this year as It is under a new management. The new owners (Katrina and Andrew) between them have worked in the hospitality and catering industry for a few years. The head guy is a guy called Tomas (Not the owner) has worked in Guernsey for years before returning back to Poland to work in this hotel. He is a top bloke. The Guy at the bar is a Master Bar Tender (as well as a student). Everyone knows their job. Where do I start with this hotel, It is simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I really mean that. The quality of service is second to none and the staff look
after you. I was there last weekend with some friends from the UK. We took 7 rooms (They only have 12). On the first night one of my friends requested for a bottle of Guinness. The bar tender apologised for not having any and as they don't sell Guinness. The next afternoon we then saw three boxes of Guinness being delivered to the hotel (Happy days). Another example was that one day we came back to our rooms to find a Can of Red Bull in each room to help us during the days after a night in the clubs. I travel a lot with my work and I must say again that the customer service is the best I have encountered in an hotel. The rooms and spacious and clean and the hotel is well positioned for a walk to the beach or to the town city (Believe me there is no need for a taxi whatsover). The choice of breakfast is the best I have seen in a long time and the chef will happily rustle you a quick scramble egg, Omelet etc as well as what's available on the spread. I have known hotels to charge as much as £22 (For breakfast) for
similar in London. The breakfast is part of the room charge. Like I said earlier we stayed for 4 nights and We eventually eat tea in the restaurant for the last 2 nights. The food in the restaurant is of very good quality. We were wined and dined by this hotel and I felt that this is a
place that strives to achieve the very best quality of service for its guests. In my opinion they passed with flying colors. Put it this way this hotel made my Mancation. If you are in Sopot you will be a fool to stay anywhere else and it would also be a wait of money as other places will probably charge 3 times what we paid. It is a small hotel and hence they are able to look after
their guests and make it a worthwhile experience.

All this for the price of XX:XX, Don't want to say as the big boys should be ashamed charging what they do in that area, But I promise it's no way near what you think.

By the way I don't think the hotel has a swimming pool or fitness centre. If they had I am sure it would be best I have seen in a long time Lol. So I ticked 5 stars for them so a not to take anything away from its rating.

Thanks for making my holiday.

3 Thank lagunahotel_1
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stay for a long weekend (Thus-Mon) with a few friends. Found the rooms very spacious and comfortable, and the service exceptional. Location is very convenient with shops, restaurants and train station, within walking distance. I will gladly come back again.

• Stayed June 2013
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We-, a group of 14 girls have spent there a wonderful weekend .The hotel is situated very close to the famous Monte Cassino street.Rooms were very nicely decorated , spacoius and clean.The bar in the hotel was opened all the night.The service was really very good and breakfast delicious. The Staff very professional and helpful and extremely nice.We did enjoy it very much, worth recommendation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katarzyna D
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 day stay at Villa Antonia. We were a little concerned about some of the previous reviews which raised concerns about train noise etc but we experienced NON of those issues and I wouldn't be surprised if the management has changed since then.

The hotel is bright, comfortable & welcoming. The rooms are light, warm and spacious with well equipped bathrooms. It is great value for money and the location is only a few minutes walk to the Sopot Mall & Pier (the walk is flat so it's good for prams and wheelchairs). It also has a lift which we appreciated as we had loads of luggage.

The staff are friendly, helpful and attentive. They also speak English which was useful when asking for directions etc The front desk is always manned.

Breakfast was delicious & plentiful. Cooked eggs were accompanied by cold meats, fruit, yoghurt, salad and cereal plus juice, tea and coffee. Very tasty and you definitely left feeling full and satisfied.

I will definitely be staying at this delightful and hotel on my next visit to Poland!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Pinkymilly
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Perfect service - waiters, cleaner. Room very clean and well furnished. Large breakfasts (included) with many things to choose from. Not very enthusiastic about the restaurant (dinner). Although I was using Groupon, the quality of food could be better.

Room Tip: There is a railway on the west side of the hotel (very close), you can hear trains passing all day a...