“Real Authentic Thai Food in Poland :)”
Review of Oriental Thai Kitchen Chopstick - CLOSED

Oriental Thai Kitchen Chopstick
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Dear Customers We sold our restaurant today 10 April and are moving to Valencia in Spain. The new owners are Thai and I hope they will continue to make good food that made us since we opened the 2nd best restaurant in Sopot.I will probably re-open my restaurant in Valencia after I get settled and hope some of you will find me there and come to visit me. Valencia really lacks good Thai restaurant, but the top restaurant is run by a Singapore lady and has also nice Thai dishesI will change the address to this listing when I re-open in Valencia so stay tuned!Prathana (Pamela)
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My girlfriend and I had decided to go to Chopstick after reading a lot of good reviews on here. Ania was a newcomer to Thai food, while I'd eaten a lot of it in the UK and considered myself quite a fan. In general, there's quite a dirth of decent Oriental Cuisine in much of Poland and Thai, in particular, is something you rarely see.
We arrived to find that the restaurant was really quite small. The decor was lavish on the outside, and simple but elegant on the inside. The small size of the restaurant (there are only 7 x 4-person tables) meant that service was prompt, but friendly and not pushy. You could also see past the head waitress at the service counter into the kitchen where the Thai cooking staff were busy cooking.
We ordered some Chang and Singha beers to get started while we looked at the menu. the beer was a little expensive for Poland, but imported a really long way and added to the authenticity of the whole experience, so we were more than happy to pay.
When it came to ordering, my girlfriend ordered a fried rice with king prawns and chicken, with a chilli and garlic paste, while I went for crispy fried chicken with oyster sauce and a side order of home made rice noodles. Once again, service was prompt and the food came wonderfully presented, and the taste did not disappoint at all. My dish was delicious, the crispness of the chicken aided by some chopped nuts and other ingredients. The oyster sauce was a perfect compliment and the rice noodles were finely cut and delicious. My girlfriend was also delighted with her dish, which included some truly huge king prawns - again a bit of a rarity in Poland.
Once we were done with the mains, we ordered a dessert to share, of deep fried ice cream. It came along in a perfect envelope of hot, crispy donut batter and smothered in strawberry sauce. The ice cream was still ice cold in the middle.
As we paid and were about to leave, we were presented with an additional, complimentary Thai beer each which we drank and soaked up the foodie atmosphere, looking at the countless glass jars of interesting ingredients and the large, but inobtrusive TV, showing a Thai cookery competition.
Without a doubt, I will return to this place whenever I'm next in Sopot. It's an absolute treat and you'd be crazy to miss it, if you like authentic Thai cuisine.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

After reading recommondations on Tripadviser, my expectations were high. We booked in advance, and were expected upon arrival. The restaurant only had 5-6 tables.
As this was Sunday evening, it was only staffed by 1 waitress and 2 chefs. Waitress, wearing her UGGS, did her best to sort everything out as quick as possible, and did a great job. She was smiling and trying her outmost to make us happy. And it was not her fault they were out of Singha beer.
The food was good, and had generous portions.

The day after, we visited Thai Thai restaurant... visit this if you want fine dining - and the best crispy duck salat ever!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

One thing I have missed since moving to Poland, is really good Thai authentic food. I've been to a few places in Warsaw, but left unsatisfied. So imagine my surprise when my wife found Chopstick in Sopot. I grew up with my mom's best friend being Thai, and have been eating green curry since I crawled out of the Crib. The pastes that most places use just don't have that fresh, bright flavor that I love so much, that is not the case here, the Thai cooks make there own pastes and sauces and the flavors are right on. My wife fell in love with Pad Thai in the states, but has not been able to find a good one here in Poland, again Chopstick delivers. The Satay... scrumptious, I loved the small side of spicy pickle cucumber salad that comes with it. The owner is a very nice Thai woman who has spent some time in the States, and has trained her service staff right, often a problem here in Poland, quick, courteous, an knowledgeable. If you enjoy Thai food (not ALL of it is spicy) then it's worth going to Sopot just to eat at Chopsticks. I know my wife and I will stop in every time we are in the Tri-city area.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Very good food very tasty and good Personal service, price is good, nice atmosphere.
I advise this place if you like Thai food

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I have eaten here about 5 times in the past 2.5 weeks after reading glowing reviews at Tripadvisor.

Indeed, the dishes were to die for and authentic....they did not try to adjust the taste to european "taste"

Service was fast and pricewise this restaurant was quite affordable (a bit expensive for local standard)

This restaurant is one of the very few authentic Thai restaurants I've ever visited in Europe and it's a must try for anyone visiting tricity (Gdansk, Sopot, Gdynia).

One dish that I would recommend is the pineapple wonton dessert, dipped in condensed milk! Heavenly!!