“A weekend at the Polish seaside”

Sofitel Grand Sopot
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Sopot
Krakow, Poland
“A weekend at the Polish seaside”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

There was no option for us but to stay at the Grand Hotel Sopot. The location really is the selling point. Situated on the sea front with its own private beach is perfect. We were lucky to opt for a sea view and in my opinion it is worth the extra cost. It was so special to watch the sunrise from the small balcony in the room. The hotel's interior let it down slightly. The soft furnishings were sumptuous but the furniture, fixtures and fittings were tired and needed replaced considering the hotel rates. It is also worth noting that the shower is over the bath but there is no hand rail to help you get in and out which could prove difficult for anyone with mobility problems. There was an excellent choice at breakfast and although it was busy the staff were attentive and we we never felt rushed to leave. We used the pool in the spa and found the pool to be of a good size for a hotel pool. The hotel and spa were very clean. I would have no doubts about staying in the hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerSopot, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear KazimierzSzuffle,

Thank you very much for your comment regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

I am truly happy to hear that you have very much enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Grand Sopot. Thank you also for pointing out our attentive staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back in Sopot in the near future.

Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay at sofitel grand sopot. The hotel in itself is beautiful, and everything feels luxerious. Friendly staff and great atmosphere. We really enjoyed the private beach area with sun beds and service. Also great spa facilities! Be sure to check your mini bar reseipt at check-out, when we almost were charged for a lot more thank we had.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerSopot, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Gunhild,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Grand Sopot as your accommodation for your visit in Poland.

We deeply appreciate your comment and nothing makes us more happy then a satisfied Guest.

Please do visit us again!

Essex
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was recommended Sopot and The Grand Hotel inparticular by a friend.
I was not disappointed, the hotel is a beautiful hotel, Art Deco with modern upgrades.
The location is amazing, standing in beautiful gardens, back gate access direct to the hotels own private area of the beach.
Lovely spa treatments, great breakfast.
Sopot is a lovely place, lots of bars and restaurants and all at an extremely reasonable cost.
I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mel R
Dear Mel R,

Thank you for your kind words, we are happy that we suceeded in providing a nice stay for you.

It is our aim to satisfy all our Guests and we are extremely pleased to get back such positive comments!

We hope to welcome you soon again!

Regards,
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Grand.It was 12 years ago when we first stayed,before Sofitel took it over and modernised it.
It is the most famous landmark of Sopot.In a fabulous position.
We were disappointed when we checked in.The reception area is very small and did seem quite busy.But the staff were pleasant.Our room was on the 5th floor.But the lifts only go to the 4th floor.You then have to walk to the end of the corridor on the 4th floor and up some stairs.There are only 8 rooms on that floor and you are in the roof.There were 2 tiny windows in the bedroom,where I had to stand on a chair to see out.But I could see the sea.But the room was so quiet,and we did request a quiet room.
The bedroom and bathroom were finished to a very high standard
The hotel has an indoor spa free of charge
The hotel has beautiful gardens with fountains both front and back.At the back leading onto the beach.
The best part is the private beach.Which has a reception desk where you are handed large fluffy branded towels or taken to a sun lounger for you.What a treat lay on comfortable beds on a beautiful white beach overlooking the pier.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tomcat118,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel.

We are delighted that you had a nice time and as well that you found our hospitality to your satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We look forward to you returning to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
stratford upon avon
Reviewed 22 June 2014

When I was a little girl we had our summer holidays in Sopot , we normally stayed in B&B's. The Grand Hotel looked so magical and so out of reach and I promised myself that one day I will return as a guest. This year my fiancée suggested we go to Sopot and as a surprise he booked The Grand Hotel. When we arrived it was more than I thought it would be!!! It was very chic and luxurious-everything I dreamt it would be. The room was very spacious with massive 8foot bed, a pillow menu to choose from and great linen and towels (not to mention comfy sleepers and robes). Staff were exceptional (especially the young boy who took the aqua gym class). My partner and I got pampered with a couple massage and the hammam-it was great. From the minute I arrived I felt very special and spoilt by everyone in the Grand Hotel. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Sopot. Thank you!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Definitely sea view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaWord
Dear Ewajd,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Our aim is to have all of our Guests spend magnifique moments at Sofitel Grand Sopot.
I am truly glad to hear that you have so much enjoyed your stay with us and that your "little girl's" dream came true!
It would be our greatest pleasure to welcome you back at our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

As always (this was my fifth stay here) the hotel itself and the rooms are excellent. But this time I was very disappointed with the service. I was here With my entire family, eight of us, and after waiting for twenty minutes, we got the keys for one room - the others had to wait for their rooms, even if the time was 1430.
We had booked a table in the restaurant for my mothers birthday dinner, and arrived on time. And ended up sitting waiting and trying to get a waiters attention. After 15-20 minutes one finally accknowlegded our existense, gave us six menues (we were eight) and disappeared again before we could order drinks. We waited another ten minutes untill we finally had enough and went across to the Sheraton, where we were received like royalty in their restaurant, got an amazing service and attention and a great table with a nice view.
Because of this, my parents are adament that they want to stay at the Sheraton for our next visit to Sopot. (And for some reason, their sea view suite was much smaller than mine. Unfortunately I did not notice this before we checked out.)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Dear Moffedillen,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Grand Sopot. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is definitely amazing. The elevation toned and proud, the interior really good although not exactly my taste, I would have liked to see more old school solution with the early century look to it.
Rooms are good size with all the amenities, like an iron, hair dryer and other 5 star hotel extras.
The bed rather incredible, fluffy and soft, sleeping on the cloud comes to mind.
Service excellent although occasionally sloppy and forgetful.
Excellent spa. Truly beautiful garden. And of course the view on the sea, breathtaking, the location really is everything.
The breakfast : I would say do not purchase the option with it, hugely overpriced with the 90 zloty per person for the buffet, excellent buffet but not worth it. Instead I would suggest few minutes walk to Flaming & co where the buffet is third of the price and really nice too ( not as nice as this one to be 100% accurate but just slightly less choice ).
The bar area: very cosy, evening harp playing definitely makes it superb. Nice to read the newspaper, have a tea or a cocktail, another room has a big screen where the football can be watched .
I like the fact there is a champagne table just by the entrance to the bar area creating this " life is magnifique " vibe, hotel's motto.
Interesting facts: many known of this world had stayed at the hotel like Prince Albert II, K. Penderecki, Greta Garbo and others.
From the hotel history : Hitler stayed here during the war rooms 251,252 and 253, so plan your stay carefully. Tactfully he is not on the famous visitors wall :)
Enjoy the stay!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank diorstone
Dear Diorstone,

Thank you very much for your generous comment!

It was our pleasure to host you at the magnifique Sofitel Grand Sopot . We are glad that you could experience our high level of service and we can't wait to welcome you back !

I remain at your disposal.