“AAA++ Super hotel with excellent staff!”

Sofitel Grand Sopot
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Sopot
Dublin
“AAA++ Super hotel with excellent staff!”
Reviewed 27 August 2010

1. Wedding Package
We met with the F&B manager when we decided to get married. From the moment of this meeting he sold the services of the hotel to us with his accommodating approach. We found his pleasant disposition and level of professionalism outstanding.
The ensuing months required extensive correspondence via email as both my wife & I do not live in Poland. The ease of progress from our decision of having our wedding in the hotel up to the event itself allowed us trust the hotels competence and deservedly so. This removed a lot of stress from us in the lead up to the hotel.
We visited many hotels before deciding on this one but for the warmness and level of attention even at enquiry stage the alternative hotels pale in comparison, with many of them coming across as more suited to conferences rather than how a hotel should for something as personal as a wedding.
The service on the day of the wedding itself was very impressive. We could not ask for improvement on any area of the service we got. The quality of the food is still being complimented by our guests with not only the wedding meal, but also the buffet being rated top class.
No matter what the enquiry, complication, or possible problem from contract signing to final delivery of the wedding itself, the calm and attentive manner of management and staff, provided solutions to all. Thanks to them our wedding party will always stay in our and our guests memory as a truly beautiful and pleasurable experience.

2. Accommodation
Many of my family and friends from Ireland as well as my wife & I, stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. Everyone was impressed by the service levels experienced. From the collection at the airport in Gdansk to the transport back to the airport including accommodation, food, drink, all in between was exemplary.
The attentive nature of all staff including bar, concierge, front desk, restaurant, beach area, fitness area was noticed and very much appreciated. Many of the guests were of limited mobility but the care and attention they were afforded mitigated this.
The features of the hotel are without peer in our opinion and the setting beautiful.

I could not recomment this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AlphaShark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Europe
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Fantastic hotel located just next to the sea. Beautiful garden and beach. Excellent staff - professional and smiling, especially at the reception. Definitely best hotel in Tricity!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I stayed here a week in August primarily for the location, private beach - sadly unused because of the weather - and an expectation of welcoming customer service. I had one good previous experience of another hotel in Sopot, one dire one. I had asked my agent to double check the reservation as Poles seem to have a habit of losing them. They did and the hotel confirmed by email. Even so arriving at 1500 hours - no welcome at all - just confusion about whether a room was ready - a fraught phone call to housekeeping (I was with a friend who speaks fluent Polish so I understood afterwards that the room was not ready). Then a change of room. I booked a "superior room" but actually these I am told are exactly the same as Classic Rooms" except they are on the sea side - a bit of dodgy description there as the room is the same not superior at all - the view is better. have no idea if this is true or if I was "downgraded" . The rooms are narrow and rather cramped for a hotel of this class. I did not feel the welcome was especially warm but we were given a voucher for a welcome drink at the bar. That evening we duly went to the bar for an aperatif. Gin and Tonics. Presented the voucher and an embarrassed waiter told us it was only valid for soft drinks. The G&Ts were in fact Z60 which is about £15. That's a lot even by London standards: in Sopot it is crazy. I spoke afterwards witht he receptionist who did not have the rooms ready and who gave us the voucher. He said sorry he did not explain before but it was not the policy of the hotel to encourage people to dirnk acohol!!! So - this may be why it is so overpriced! . did not try the breakfast which is Z90 or £22 - just across the road are chic bars and cafes which offer a superb breakfast for Z25 or less. Try Mont Blanc for example, where you will get fresh fruit and superb coffee with your eggs and bacon or whatever, for about £5. and don't be taken in by the welcome drink! In the bar we waited some twetty minutes while bar staff ignored us wiping tables and chatting, only when my friend went and asked in Polish for some service - did a bar steward come to our table. So, avoid the bar. Unless you are really loaded then take breakfast outside. Bear with the reception staff who need some lessons in organisation, management and courtesy. Then it's ok. The rooms are kept clean and revisited throughout the day. Though again they are mean with provisions. There are three coffee pods per twin or double room. That is 1.5 tiny cups of coffee each. Teabags and milk substitute (yes powder in a hotel of this class!) are carefully rationed. All in all great hotel - but would reall benefit from some leadership and management. I wrote to Sofitel afterwards but they did not reply. Not sure really whether I would recommend this - it is grand and so are the views - but I might see if the customer service is better at the Sheraton next door. But as I have to put one or the other - yes I'd recommend the hotel - for the building and site and garden and beach.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Steve005
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 20 August 2010

The hotel was very nice. The staff was very nice as well. We only spoke English and there was no problem. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable. The best part of the hotel is the private beach. You check in at the private beach and they lead you to comfortable lounge chairs all reserved for hotel members. The location in Sopot was perfect as well. We were right next to the pier and the main street where all of the restaurants and bars were.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Gdynia, Poland
Reviewed 25 July 2010

It was one of the best hotels when it was type of ''communism'' in Poland and after great refreshment it is still one of the best. The location couldn't be better. The rooms are very nice and the bed very comfortable. You can placy in hotel casino, you can order great breakfast to your room.
The only minus is a price... It is quite expensive but you know for what you pay when you are already in there.
The only minus is expensive parking. It should be for free. This is no good that in Poland you have to very often pay for things that should be included in the price... This is common and not honest.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank pawel_hbg
Chicago
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Overall, I had a good experience at Sofitel Grand Sopot. Upon arrival, the staff was friendly. My room was very clean, but a little small. The bathroom was nice and big. The location is great. It's a short walk to the main street with restaurants/bars and the pier. The best part of the hotel is their private beach area. They have an area blocked off with their own chairs, towels, and staff to get drinks for you. My only complaint is that the power in the entire hotel was turned off for almost an hour one night. When I called the front desk, they said it would be off for maintanence for 15 minutes but didn't come back on until an hour later. It was an annoying random incident, so hopefully that doesn't happen to anyone else who stays there. Other than that, the hotel was great.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 7 July 2010

This truely was a fantastic hotel. The location is great, right on the beach and adjacent to the main street in Sopot. This was our first time in Sopot and it was great. The hotel is a fantastic building with a wonderful pool, spa and terrace area. The staff could not do more to ensure everything was taken care of. Paticular thanks to the reception staff and the concierge staff. I can recomend the massage - it was excellent. The room was a seaview superior room which was fantastically equipt and with the views to match. I stay in good hotels every week across Europe and can say the Sofitel Sopot really was a pleasure and I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
GRManagerSopot, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this review, 28 November 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your kind and very warm comment.
Opinions like yours are very motivating for all of us and make our work worthwhile.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest in Sofitel Grand Sopot and we are very much looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Deepest regards,