“Great atmosphere”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

One cannot wish more from atmosphere. It was cosy and nice and fitted almost perfectely to restaurants theme. Place is all about polish food and does it's job nicely.

I wish I could give five stars but I can not. There was some little things there and here. One of our group ordered meat soup for starters. If menu says that there should be beed in it, you should not get greasy pork.

Potato side which comes with many of portions tastes good if you like onions. It's structure however leaves room for better. It is too porridge like. But, most of the food are good. Their breadsoup can really be recommended.

Beware of the one litre sized beers, very expensive by local standars and price is not included in the menu.

1  Thank pjoksa

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I was introduced this place by my regular taxi driver.

This place very good! Nice atmosphere and Excellent quality price ratio.

Food is trational Polish cuisine. Food is very good and service works quite ok.

During Friday evenings and weekends - remember to book a table in advance If you want to dine in this place. This place is packed and is very popular as well within local people.

1  Thank Jouni V
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This food is amazing very traditional and excellent value for money, staff very friendly and service is good, we ate here twice in a 4 night break,
Try the Zurek soup it's very good and you can eat the bowl

4  Thank Jayne9023
Reviewed 26 March 2014

When my friends or relatives want to try traditional Polish cuisine, I usually take them to this restaurant. This cuisine's most important elements are meat (especially pork), sauerkraut, mushrooms and potatoes. In Zagroda You will find very best dishes prepared from traditional ingredients, starting from outstanding soups and finishing with Polish beer. I especially recommend "golonka" - massive chunk of pork meat with sauerkraut and horseradish, or pork ribs. Anyone willing to visit the place should book table in advance, as we had to wait for it few moments . Nonetheless, the following culinary experience was worth it.

1  Thank Marosson
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I went to this restaurant three years ago on a work night out, I returned as it was fantastic!
We had two honey vodka shots and then two starters of Polish Sausage (very much like black pudding but even better!) and then a dish of local cheese, wrapped in smoked bacon and served with red currant sauce.

Our main course was goose served with mash, gnocchi, beetroot and vegetables, I had veal knuckle with sauce, gnocchi and beetroot, with a couple of pints.

All for £30 !!! Great value