“Fantastic”
Review of Brasserie d'Or - CLOSED

Brasserie d'Or
Price range: US$5 - US$39
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Brasserie d'Or is a traditional French Brasserie where we serve classic French cuisine and brew our own beer. In our bar you can enjoy a wealth of carefully selected Single Malt Whisky.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

What made this restaurant so good was that we were staying in the hotel and decided to eat in. The shame is that had we stayed elsewhere, we would have missed a wonderful culinary experience!
The dining room in not the most inspiring in terms of outlook and decor but when it comes to food the restaurant excels. There was a delicious minced rabbit wrapped in leaves appetiser followed by very different starters, different because of the combination of flavours. I'm not sure about the foie gras with ginger bread was the right combination but the strawberry and rhubarb soup was delicious as was the celery and leek soup!
The beef, venison and trout main courses were all beautifully prepared and presented, the meats wonderfully tender and presented rare, the fish lightly cooked but firm. The ice creams were beautiful though I found the lime cake pastry a little stodgy.
There was a reasonable wine list and waters available and salt and pepper were produced on request. If I have a complaint it would be that the single member of staff had to look after the bar, reception (and arrivals) as well as us with the result that our mains were delayed and arrived cold. It was also rather a solitary dining experience on both occasions we ate there as the were few other guests but we can only recommend that you eat here as it was fantastic!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Durris681

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Krakow, Poland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent place”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have spent couple of days in Villa Antonina and had a pleasure to dine in this restaurant.Delicious food, reasonable prices, good selection of wine and professional service there is nothing more u can require from a restaurant, No, wait actually there is - as a bonus we received a great time and loads of laughter end together time:)

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Anna M
“Excellent food and service to a very good cost”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I visited Brasserie DÒr and we all had a excellent meal, meat perfectly done and very nice staff, recomend all to go there if you visit Sopot

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alf J
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I went for lunch following great reviews on this site but unfortunately my food was rather poor . I had veal which tasted like warmed up from day before ,dry overcooked ,mushrooms were cold ,did not seem to come from sauce but jar and potatoes seem reheated. I think duck was ok
Puddings were the best part of the meal but overall I would not rate the food high ,overpriced for what it was and would not rush back
I would stick to traditional Polish food when in Poland.
I can not comment on atmosphere as we were early

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Kasha17
Warszawa
“Nothing beats spinach tart in Brasserie d'Or”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We've found this venue strolling one of the most beautiful streets in Sopot and after reading menu board outside the place decided to try and It was a great choice. Food in this restaurant is surprisingly good! Duck - delicious! Spinach tart - the best I've ever eaten!

And there is another huge adventage - it's 5 min from main street (Monte Cassino) so you're avoiding city center that is so crowded and noisy in the summertime.

• Visited July 2013