“Visit in Stetin after 65 years” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Pomeranian Dukes' Castle
Ranked #8 of 57 things to do in Szczecin
houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Visit in Stetin after 65 years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2009

I thought my visit to Stettin after such a long time, would be very emotional. But I was surprised how nice it was. First of all the Radisson SAS Hotel was real nice,especially the food, it was top notch. Breakfast was there for every nationality.

Our tour guide Anna, a very experienced lady, made us very welcome and was impressive with her knowledge of the city and the history. I remembered things from my childhood school field trip, but of course from Anna I learnt so much more. The inner city still had many sites that had not changed and others that had been restore very nicely. Unfortunately the house where my family once lived did not look so nice anymore.
But otherwise we enjoyed our trip and also the visit to the Cafe 22, which gives you a wonderful panorama view of the city and environ.

The only bad thing was that we were confused as to what track our train for Hamburg would depart from. The poster was not marked very well and we could not find anyone at the station that spoke Englsh or German, but eventually after carrying our suitcases up and down the stairs from track one to three, we finally got on the right train.

4 Thank henry33

49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 255 helpful votes
“Pomeranian Dukes Castle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

Szczecin doesn't have great tourist sites like Warsaw, Gdansk or Cracow but the Pomeranian Dukes Castle is certainly worth a visit. There are old artifacts on display and they have concerts in the courtyard. The best attraction is the bell tower. You can walk the steps up to the top for a good view of the town.

6 Thank Rodomaster