“Nice hotel, but pity about the staff!”

Hotel Novotel Szczecin Centrum
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Szczecin
Reviewed 15 December 2013

5 of us arrived around midnight on a Sunday night. After checking in, we went back down to reception to ask if there was anywhere we could get an ATM, food or drink. The response we received to all questions was no (basically saying there was nothing to do their). We were all tired and hungry, but the receptionist offered us no alternatives as to where we could get anything. We took it upon ourselves to venture out any ways. To our surprise we found a ATM located a two second walk away, and also a 24 hour shop about a 7 minute walk away (staff should at least have knowledge about the area). When we were checking out three days later, it was the same lady we had the 'pleasure' of meeting again. She was still rude, and asked me for a card to pay. Here is where another problem occurred as we already had pre-paid on booking.com, and I even showed her where the money came out of my online back account. She then said that she would just take it out, regardless of me giving her my card or not. About 10 minutes later, she mentioned the word 'block', that they had put on the card. So it had temporarily left my account, and was already paid for. Still don't understand why she needed a new card then to begin with! Moving on from the customer service (or lack of it), unfortunately the swimming pool was shut down whilst we were their, which was very disappointing. Overall, the hotel is nice, with comfy beds, a central location, and they are in the process of doing it up. However, it may not be a 4* hotel by other countries standards, but nevertheless great value for money!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fiona B
PatrycjaB_Sz, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Szczecin Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Madame,
Thank you to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Szczecin Centrum. I am sorry that your experience especially concerning the staff kidness and service did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that I am taking the appropriate measures to address the described issues and prevent future occurrence.
It is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Lived here for 4 nights, and we are satisfied.
Reasonible price, good breakfast, standard hotelrooms, very nice and polite staff.
The bed was a little to hard compared to our taste.
A little bit noisy from the traffic (tram).
When showering, it felt like it was too little water coming out of the shower head.
Had to reactivate the electronic hotel key every day, and one of the days we had to reactivate it two times! It was certainly not due to the cell phone:

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
PatrycjaB_Sz, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Szczecin Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Sir,
thank you very much for you possitive feed-back concernign the stay in Novotel Szczecin Centrum Hotel.
I also want to assure you that the comments concerning the water pressure and electronic keys I will discuss with my staff to avoid similar problems in the future.
I hope you will come to visit our hotel Novotel Szczecin Centrum in the near future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Hotel is located very close to the center of Szczecin and offers good service in modern facilities. Nice rooms, swimming pool, spa, sauna and fitness area. We had breakfast included and was'nt disappointed.
I will strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PatrycjaB_Sz, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Szczecin Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in Novotel Szczecin Centrum Hotel.
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the hotel.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.
Your sincerely,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Szcezecin is at least. A beautiful old town about an hour and a half from Berlin, just inside Poland, it used to be part of Prussia apparently.
Well worth a visit anyway for the architecture and the people are friendly
The hotel is fairly standard Novotel. Nice bed, good size room, free wifi [thank you] pretty good breakfast and a reasonable bar area to.
There is a small and fairly basic gym, but also a nice pool and jacuzzi.
for dinner I would recommend getting out of the hotel, which is close to the city centre and go for an explore
Try some Pierogi in one of the Pieroganian. They are a bit like a cross between dumplngs and ravioli, with a Polish twist mmmmmm

Room Tip: aim to be in a high room just to reduce the noise from the street
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Szczecin Centrum hotel.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel and in our beautiful city - Szczecin.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was on a business trip for 2 days, room was good but after the first night, the beds were made and room cleaned only to leave the wet towels on the floor in the room. You don't expect that in a good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Robert G

Dear SIr,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Szczecin Centrum. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations concerning the cleaning the room. Please rest assured that I took the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed recently at this hotel on a buisiness trip and the staff were very helpful but when I was checking out and asked for a copy of the invoice (proof of stay) I was told that the hotel could not give me this and that I should contact Hotels.com with whom I had booked and prepaid.
I explained that some companies require the bill from the hotel because of travel expense rules /proof of stay etc and asked politely one more time but I was refused again.
This creates many problems and if this is the correct policy I will never order and pre pay through Hotels.com and never stay at a Novotel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell about your experience at the Novotel Szczecin Centrum.
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations concerning the confirmarion of your stay. and I would like to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that I took the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
I appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Patrycja BIerska
General manager

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We like the Accord chain and particularly like Novotels -- and the Novotel in Szezecin was a typically excellent hotel. Comfortable, clean, helpful staff, nice choices at breakfast. We didn't explore the city so we don't know how well-situated it is, but we did like the view of the cathedral as we looked out the window of our room. We used the underground parking garage; the spaces were pretty tight, even for a relatively small Ford Focus.

Room Tip: Think about asking for a room with a view of the cathedral. It's beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Szczecin Centrum.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you, although we are concerned about the parking space.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.
Best regards,