“Overpriced, and bad service.”
Review of Maloves SPA

Maloves SPA
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Wladyslawowo
Warsaw, Poland
“Overpriced, and bad service.”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I must admit that this is the very first spa hotel with plenty of stars and supposedly high standard I booked, but, honestly speaking, I´m extremely disappointed with the place, I definitely paid too much (even paying half of the price I paid I keep thinking it´s too much), and, in my last day, the expensive hotel looked like a cheap hostel. The only not bad thing was the breakfast, changing some dishes from day to day.

There are two swimming pools (with rather cold water), yes, but very small in my opinion (and I´m not a famous swimmer demanding an Olympic sized pool). When 3 people were inside (only two of them swimming), it made no point going into them, overcrowded. The same applies for the jacuzzis. The spa, beauty treatments, massages, and so on: overpriced again. The dinner is rather normal dishes, but the price is 50000% expensive, no way.

During my last day, apparently a company booked a lot of the hotel for a kind of party, and they even had a loud disco until late night (more than midnight for sure), not letting me know in advance (I told them I wanted peace and quiet, therefore I did something I never did: going to a highly rated hotel-spa). As well, if there are babies or small children, you can hear them all day long, even though they have a special part of the hotel for them. I am not against babies and small children, of course, but if you seek for quiet and/or some privacy, forget about it at this place.

What is the worst, before and after my stay, I sent them several e-mails with questions and some comments, and I´m still waiting for a response, and, when I was there, in reception they have very few work to do. I can´t believe that they have no time to reply a simple, short e-mail. Of course, forget about responding complaints.....

If all the expensive hotels are like this, I´ll never ever stay again in any of them. For the price I paid for 4 nights I could stay perfectly one week in a decent mid-range hotel in a big capital city breakfast and dinner included, and paying myself for a normal swimming pool with jacuzzi.

All in all, a very expensive place for what they offer, a service far away from even slightly decent, and extremely highly rated facilities which are not so good. Think twice before you go.

Room Tip: If there is a party or small children/babies, there is nowhere in the hotel where you can´t hear the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Alberto J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed here for four days as part of a large wedding group. Many of us had seen the rather negative review profile on Tripadvisor. Our worries were unnecessary!

Positives:
Facilities are excellent - pools, sun-decks, children's play areas all spotless and well-designed.
Our sea-facing room was large, with comfortable bed and fine bathroom.
The fourth-floor bar is lively, with excellent food at dinner time.
Breakfast is also very good with a wide choice. Staff were friendly and helpful.

There are points that could be improved, as noted in some of the reviews here. The reception area is small and rather gloomily lit. Reception staff were pleasant. Corridors also need more lighting. Our room was not smoky, but had definitely been smoked in at some stage. The hotel should give a completely smoke-free option! While food and beer are good, the wine list is very limited.

Travellers should be patient with regard to communication in English.

Overall, a very positive and enjoyable experience!

Room Tip: Request sea view and check for total non-smoking room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 186600Angela
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Average mainly due to poor service, especially on the reception - which is a beating heart of each hotel... We went to the seaside for just couple of days. It was our 2nd time at Velaves and - probably / unfortunately - last time. We will find similar place with better service next time. Service: Something is just wrong if the lady at the reception laughs at your face when issues are reported. Paying for the stay in advance is something what I knew, still find it weird. You cannot charge drinks / food to the room unless you have your credit card pre authorized at the reception. I travelled a lot and cannot recall any hotel with such procedures. Location: perfect, very close to the beach, in the center of town. Facilities: nice swimming pools, restaurant with sea view, nice fitness. Did not use SPA this time and cannot recall from previous time. Facilities for kids available only when you pay for breakfast/ dinner buffet. Food: great food in the restaurant a ‘la carte. Watch out: do not take package with breakfast served - cheapest ham with old cucumber, supported by cheap sausage and powder scrambled eggs. Com'on, we are not driving hundreds of miles to get such meal in a proper (to be...) hotel. Think twice before you book it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank raffi2013
Bydgoszcz, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Poland
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We chose this hotel for our wedding anniversary in November. As it is a SPA hotel, we booked a Spa package- with two massages for each of us. We hoped the hotel would acknowledge this upon our arrival, but no!!!!We had to book it AGAIN in the Spa reception- we arrived late Friday night and had top be up by 7am on Saturday to get it , as we were told there were no other timing available!!!!Well, we booked it, but...my facial lasted for about 15 mins( done by a Thai girl,though she was lovely, she barely spoke English, not to metion my mother's tongue!)- I ended up with a rash and red spots!!!!Apparently they're using high quality products, but surely not!!!On the other hand, my husband had a back massage that lasted 20 mins, and was completly not worth the extra cost we had to pay.

The staf in the reception- very, very rude. Payment had to be done on arrival plus we were told any extras had to be paid in cash- like the deposit for the swimming pool towels or room service...

And worst of all, we were given a room on the 1st floor. The room was nice, flat screen tv, nice bed, bathroom- this was good. But the hotel was booked for a business party!!!!Nobody mentioned this to us, and when we made the booking we requested a ice, cosy and QUIET room. The noise was horrid. At midnight after listening to karaoke( like it was next to my head!!!!) I called reception and asked for another room...and you know what? The staff member told me to go downstairs and get the key myself!!!How rude is this? I abruptly told him I would report his rude attitude to his manager; it was after midnight and I had no intention to walk around the hotel in my PJ's. We were moved to a room on the 2nd floor, just above the room we stayed in....No change, we were up till 7 am....and had to vacate before 10!!!!When we asked for a refund, we were laughed at....

therefore, I want to state that never again I would put my foot in this establishement, as it is only for those who don't mind being shouted at or bossed around.

If you wish to stay in a nice hotel where you are treated properly- do NOT go there.

Room Tip: Do not go there if you want a nice service- you won't get it!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Aisha_W84

Travellers are raving about these Wladyslawowo hotels

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Was here on business trip room was nice didnt like the fact that the shower had no curtain. Very close to the beach and the breafast and dinner was included in the rate and was very good with lots of selections on a buffet. Most businesses were closed as it was Winter but appears in the summer it would have a lot of activity. Most of the staff spoke English.

Room Tip: From what I could tell I dont belive there are many if any rooms that overlook the beach due to a tr...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Mayo, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My family has spent 3 weeks at this hotel.The building and the facilities are nice, but the place is run by very unprofessional and rude personel.There is really no front desk only 2 stands with a guy behined the computer desk .At the check in ,instead of a nice greeting and courtuasy, they demanded that family will prepay the entire stay (3 wks) upfront(!)Not a small amount considering that they charge $200 per room/per night.In addition,no extra service could be obtained at the hotel without paying and putting a deposit in advance.There was extra charge for towels(in a 5 stars hotel!).In addition they overcharged my credit card by over $400 after I left the hotel.A lot of humiliation and distrust,will never go to this place again.The menager should be fired and replaced immediately,otherwise this potentially nice hotel will have no future.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bogdan M
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I spent there three weeks during the European Championships. The room was great, spacious and comfortable, even if the curtains could be more blinding as in June the sun rise at 3.30 and there's lots of light. Breakfast and restaurant were of very good standard, and the staff always friendly. The rooms looking on the Baltic Sea get fantastic views, as it's the bar on the fourth floor, where you can watch a wonderful sunset. Problem is what do you do here. The sea is cold and in the village there's basically nothing to do. The hotel was full of Polish families with kids and everyone feel free to go round in his bathrobe. Never went to the spa, that can get quite crowded. If you want to visit this zone, you'd rather stay in Gdansk or Sopot, bt if you need a base in the area, Velaves is ok.

Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wladyslawowo
Apart Hotel Gwiazda Morza
Pekin Hotel
Pekin Hotel
#5 of 7 in Wladyslawowo
Dom Zdrojowy Hotel SPA & Family

Been to Maloves SPA? Share your experiences!