We travelled by car to Hotel Velaves to stay for 3 nights, however we left after 1 night as we could not bear to be there any longer. We realised that we had been completely fooled by the slinky website of the hotel and had paid too much for what it was.
We stormed out of the hotel after the lunch/supper there which was included in the rate. The main reasons for our drastic move (we could get a refund for only the 3rd night) were as follows:
1. Absolutely terrible service - very rude, unprofessional and unkind staff
- Nothing we asked for was arranged: My husband asked for a baby cot before arrival, which was not there in the room. Wi-fi was not working, about which we complained 4 times, and nothing was done for it. We asked for another set of towels for our children, which were never arranged
- Basic information, for example where the parking is, where our room is etc., was not given properly. The unprofessional front desk staff were only repeating 'go around and find it', rather than giving us proper directions. We had to wander around the dark buildings with our heavy bags and a very large buggy for a long time
2. Lack of hygene
- The room (one of their suites!) was filthy and smelled dusty. The cups and saucers placed in the room were stained. There was a small Lego part on the floor - it showed us the cleaning had not been done properly, and what is more, who knows how long it was lying there. In the common areas there were fingerprints on the walls. The sugar pot on our breakfast table was not cleaned for a while. The cornflakes on the buffet table were so stale that my 2 year old was put off by them too
- One of the doors of our shower cube was broken, and they put up a shower curtain there, which was stained with mold
- I found a human hair in the cakes on the lunch/supper buffet. There were very little flies in the cups and in some of the main dishes on the buffet. I lost appetite completely after these findings, and we started to seriously doubt the cleanliness of the hotel
I could continue with this list but I stop here now, as it can be endless. This trip taught us that we should always check TripAdvisor's comments before booking ANY hotels! Clearly, we will never ever come back to this hotel, and sadly we will have to warn any friends of ours if they are interested in booking their holidays there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Maloves SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velaves Hotel Wladyslawowo