“Very dissapointed”

and 1 more site!
Golebiewski Hotel
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Bialystok
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Came for one night stay as I forgot the key to my family house. What an experience. First of all expensive but no fridge in the room, TV not working. When reported that to receptionist, she said "we will fix TV tomorrow". What good does that for me if I ma staying just one night?

I was not ready for the gym so asked if they have courtesy shorts, no. I know it is not an obligation in any hotel but surely is practice almost in any American hotel.
Next day when checking out I planned to complain about my experience, guess what the receptionist must have sensed that, she kept on talking with other personnel while I was waiting at the front desk (no lineup) for probably 5 minutes before deciding it is not worth my nerves.

Poor service, clean room but no fridge, nothing special about it other then price compared to high end hotels in Northern America. Had to ask for everything. Not a single good bye or welcome :(

Will definitely not recommend to anyone. Also nothing special about the location - located near two high traffic intersections.

Room Tip: located near two main intersections
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 September 2011

First of all, it is better inside than looks outside. Rooms are clean, good 3* standard with some basic amenities but nothing extra. Breakfast was really good standard in my opinion and location is great next to the city center.

What makes this hotel different is the spa - well it is not the newest but consists of 2 big pools, 3 good size jacuzzis, a slide and 3 saunas plus cold room. Very nice addition to the hotel price.

Only minus points were noisy Belarussian guests.

If you go to Bialystok, this is a *safety* choice in the center.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The hotel was my big disappointment..... 4* which I cant understand at all.
-No coffee/tea facilities in the room
- no conditioning !!!
-no mini bar
-no safe
-no pen to write a postcard
-amazingly POOR breakfast
It desreves to be 3* , but has absolutely no features of a 4* hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AgiAgs
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The hotel is very good for business trip in Bialystok, but definitely not suitable for holidays. Really close to the city center, however it's located in not very interesting area.The building is rather old and its walls are thin, so make sure to take earplugs along. My room was clean and comfortable with good facilities. The window was oriented to the main street (very noisy) and as it was vey hot and there is no clim, it was a little hard to sleep. The staff in reception and the restaurant were professional in approach and friendly to me. Breakfast was good and reasonable. What I really liked in this hotel was the terrirory of the swimming pools, very nice and usefull after work.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights with my girlfriend and were a bit disappointed. To start with the pictures on their website of the big mansion with huge manicured gardens is very misleading. It's not the hotel at all so they are using photo's of something else to advertise their hotel. Golebiewski hotel is like a big tower block of flats.

We booked a double room, directly through them, for 2 nights and we got a twin room and thought it was a mistake. A phone call to reception informed us they don't have double rooms and that we had booked a room for 2 people. This was very annoying as they do quote for double rooms on their website. Apparently the only double beds they have are in the apartments and they would have cost more so we stayed where we were.

Be warned there is no air conditioning in the rooms and it was extremely hot. Both of us had restless nights sleep due to the heat.

The good points - the room was nice, power shower and big bathroom, very central, plentiful breakfast and a great leisure facility with slide and water jets.

If I could find a hotel with double beds and air conditioning i'd chose it over Golebiewski.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2009

We stayed 2 nights on Sunday 5 and Monday 6 April 2009.

This hotel is the largest in Bialystok and has 22onferrnce rooms, a ground floor restaurant and a first floor breakfast room. It is on the east side of town whereas the co-sited train and bus stations are on the west. Though bud no.2 (single ticket PLN 2) links the two, a taxi cost only PLN 13 in one direction and 11 in the other. For the small difference in fare and bearing in mind in is 3 kms or so, I would say taxi is most efficient.

The hotel is within sight of the brick cathedral and 10 mins walk from Rynek (market). This is being beautifully restored as part of a rejuvenation of the city centre. We were led to expect a depressed industrial city. Quite the opposite.

We were in room 427, the 4th of 8 floors. The room key was a touch card which activated a sensor outside. When carrying luggage this was more convenient than card in slot common elsewhere. The card also validated entitlement to breakfast in the restaurant and entry to leisure centre.

The room was small and was cramped with 2 single beds, settee and 2 casual chairs. Adequate clothes hanging space. No extras like kettle or ironing board or fridge. Bathroom had toilet and walk-in shower cabinet. Shampoo and soap but no washcloths. Towels changed daily; no plea to save energy or water by re-using them.

We saw no evidence of air conditioning in the hotel. The weather was warm (15-20 C) during our stay so we kept the window open at night. We faced the street and quite a lot of traffic noise. During the height of summer I could imagine rooms could get very hot or noisy.

The hotel has a large leisure centre with two large pools, the one for serious swimmers being 25 m long and 6 lanes wide. One of the best indoor pools I have seen in an hotel. It did not open before 08.00 so would not be handy for business travellers seeking to exercise before breakfast.

Breakfast was buffet style with many styles of cold dishes including cottage cheeses or meats but no fish. Some fruit but no prepared fruit salad. Some hot dishes. The price was built into room rate. I liked the jams packed with fruit but not too much sugar.

Staff spoke a little English but hotel signs were also in Russian, a legacy of that region's proximity to Russia

We paid PLN 300 (about EUR 70) on Sunday and Monday PLN 360 on Monday. Good value as it included breakfast and leisure centre. The only other hotel of any size we saw in the centre was the Cristal (part of Best Western franchise).

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alanreynolds
Reviewed 12 July 2005

I had the pleasure to stay in this fantastic hotel with my polish girlfriend. I had no idea what to expect when she suggested it but was not disappointed!

The Hotel is a huge resort with so many activities but Water is the main one! There are no less than 5 Huge swimming Pools (2 indoors) and 3 outdoors together with a massive fun water park. You have to see it to believe it!

The food is good and the accomodation of a high standard. We stayed in a luxury suite with stunning views over the lakes.

The only disappointment was the lack of air conditioning and BlackOut Curtains. We were woken up by the sunrise every day at 5.00am!! (but very Romantic!)

Not withstanding this I would recommend it for those that want a very good hotel in a beautiful part of the country

• Stayed: July 2005