All reviews big hotel excellent service swimming pool great restaurant perfect location bowling attractions children families poland lake facilities band gym vegetables tourists
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

After 20 years I decided to try Mercure now which I remember as just Mrongovia Orbis. So starting: 20 years ago as Orbis hotel it was much better and more price reasonable as it is today! The French (Mercure) purchased the hotel from Orbis and in fact they havent'n invested much but increased the prices unreasonably! Most probably they are just taking advantage of the location and number of German "middle age turists". The hotel from outside looks exactly the same as 20 years ago. Some money have been invested in the rooms but they are definitely too expensive vs. what they look like. Food - terrible! Todays dinner was just a nightmare (hot buffet). 3 main courses, only spaghetti was acceptable (acceptable, not good!!!). Vegetables overcooked, fish raw inside (just a liitle advice to use the oven's core probe!) and tasteless. Not mentioning the soups.
Breakfasts "standard", could be definitely better choice for 4* hotel.
So - visiting Mrongovia pretty regularly 20 years ago leaves much better memories that now.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 11dariuszs
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stayed here on a Saturday night in August. Looks like a great family place for kids. Lots of activities for the youngsters. Unfortunately there is a band next door that plays until mid night. The hotel is a bit tired but the restaurant is good. A good value for families

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Was ver dissapointed when I felt the attention to the passenger by the personnel. We set down in the loby and requested two drinks. The expression of the lady which served us was unbelievable. She did not bit me because I am much higher and bigger than her! I stand up to go to the dining room and suddenly she appeared following me as if I were an escapee from jail. I calmed her by clearly telling her our room number. She released me and went her way. As per food we accepted the proposition of a buffet menu against a fixed price. 69 PLN per person, seems to be convenient, if you are able to eat it. For us, even though we are not gourmets, this was absolutely not convenient. It seems that food passed several hours waiting to be served from the moment of its preparation. Rooms are nice with a good air conditioning. Beds are low and are a problem for dissabled passengers.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Great hotel. Very basic but well priced for what you get. Spacious rooms, clean, comfy bed and big bathroom. Lots of facilities like swimming pool, gym, billiards, bowling and plenty of activities for kids. Great restaurant that overseas the lake. Perfect location if you want to be slightly away from the bustle of the town, which is a pleasant 2km walk along the lake. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Quite big hotel , they have inside and outside swimming pool , I think it's good for families who have children because many activities waiting for them and also close to port , breakfast are various and staff also friendly.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family