“Excellent Hotel and Local”

Best Western Plus Hotel Dyplomat
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Olsztyn
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Hotel and Local”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Hotel Dyplomat is ideally located and has spacious rooms, albeit without air conditioning. Dinner in the hotel restaraunt was so good I went there twice. Staff are knowledgeable and efficent. You could do no better in Olsztyn

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Gus M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Ludwigshafen, Germany
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The rooms were splendid and had interesting bathrooms. Staff was super-friendly. The breakfast buffet had everything we could imagine. And the menu of the restaurant had a good choice of local and international food - and kitchen was open till late.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tantelisa
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We mainly stayed in the town as a home base for visiting other areas in the region. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms and bathroom are more spacious then expected. Breakfast had a great variety of regional foods. My big frustration was the parking. It is only street parking and the meters don't allow for prepaying. So at 8am everyone in the hotel and area comes out and pays for parking. Otherwise, at 9am, you have a ticket on your car... Not a pleasent experience if you want to sleep in a little. It would be nice if they have some special hotel pass agreement with the city or have someone handle the parking for you.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BrightMidnightTravel
Karol Z, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Plus Hotel Dyplomat, responded to this review, 9 January 2015
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for posting a review of our property, we appreciate the time you have taken. We are delighted that you are satisfied with our location as well as rooms size.

Additionally please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We have noted your comments and will endeavor to ensure your next stay with us is a comfortable one.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Świdnica, Poland
Reviewed 8 May 2014

It was big pleasure to stay in this hotel. Receptionists proffesional and hospital. Room very nice and comfortable. And hotel restaurant offers a big selection of drinks and meals. Price is very nice in comparison to the comfort.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wojciech S
Brisbane
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I enjoyed two(2) stays at Hotel Dyplomat, a very nice-looking modern and clean place in a quiet, but not isolated area. From check-in to departure staff were very helpful and obliging. I had emailed the hotel previously requesting a kettle which they willingly provided.
Unfortunately I don't speak Polish but any staff I spoke to either spoke English well or tried to assist/refer me to someone who did. When having difficulty making an international call the receptionist went out of her way to ensure my call went through.
There was a large variety to choose from at breakfast, particularly for Polish tastes. This was regional Poland after all, but there were also plenty of other good choices available.
Free wi-Fi, good standard bedroom plus top bathroom with special toiletries.
I would happily recommend Hotel Dyplomat and stay here again myself.

Room Tip: I always like to be off the ground.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gentleBrisbane
Thank you for your comment which is highly appreciated by all Hotel Dyplomat team members. We pay a lot of attention to qualified service and fulfilling our Guests needs that is why we are very happy to hear you were satisfied with our service.

I do hope that you will be our guest again next time you have the opportunity to travel to Olsztyn.

como
Reviewed 11 June 2013

travelling in Eastern countries is someties hard as hotellerie has still evident space to improve , so the stay those at Hotel Dyplomat was a positive surprise . Placed in a quiet part of the central area the hotel provides all facilities required by business trips . we arrived quite late still the restaurant was available and provided us a nice and well prepared dinner served with attention and proper timing , good wine selection.Bar opened for us and provided us drinks until well late after regular service time . Rooms are classically furnished , new and functional , you have anything you might be needing ,bathroom well equipped and altogether a very clean aspect .Breakfast provides a wide array of local food all made with genuine care. Rates are generously attractive and I would recommend this hotel to whoever will be travelling to that part of Poland. It is true that staff are not too smiley but anything I asked them was promptly answered and made and efficiency is more useful ( if I have to choose ) than a smile

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank enricoallievi

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I haven't been in Olsztyn for a couple of years. This hotel was opened about 2 years ago. I booked it by phone - without any problems, and they did not require my credit card data to guarantee the booking. My late arrival (i.e. after 6 pm) was not a problem either. The hotel is very elegant, and the reception staff nice and helpful. I had a superior single room. It was very spacious with a large bed. The mattress was harder than in most hotels of this class. I don't say it was bad - personally I prefer soft mattresses. It was a very cold day (some -15 centigrade). I did not notice any problems with window insulation, and the radiators could be regulated by the guest. I switched them on max and I was almost fine. Their heating is much more effective than most hotels have.
When I arrived, there was no lamp on my desk, but it was enough to mention it at the reception and it was provided to me. The desk was large, and the sockets were behind it at the level of the table (I mean, no need to kneel down on the floor to switch in your laptop).
The bathroom was luxurious and OK. I found it a bit cool in the evening - my mistake was not to notice that it had a separate heater - when I switched it on it was more than OK in the morning.
Two bottles of water were provided free of charge in the room (gas and still), and there was a standard minibar, the items had prices typical for minibars.
It would be nice if they considered offering a kettle with several portions of tea, coffee and sugar to guests, at least in the superior rooms. I wouldn't have minded a cup of tea in the evening in my room.
The dinner at the restaurant was good and the service OK. There is also a bar.
The only thing I was a bit disappointed about was the breakfast. I came in just after 8, so not definitely not at the very end of breakfast time. Yet there were only 2 juices (blackcurrant and grapefruit) and water. The selection of foods (cold meats, cheeses etc.) was not bad, but for a 4-star hotel I would have bigger expectations. I had to wait for the waitress to ask her for my favourite fried eggs. There were no hot dishes displayed "ready-to-use" - in most hotels you can help yourself with sausages, scrambled eggs etc. when you have limited time and yet would like to start your day with a solid breakfast.
I did not drive a car, but I was told that the hotel offers some parking solutions - not sure if it was own parking or a card for a free parking in the paid parking area (in the street).
I did not ask about wifi, I would guess they have it.
Of course, there was a flat TV in the room, I just did not watch TV so can't say anything about the choice of the programs.
There is a fitness centre there - no pool, but sauna - I had not known it so was not prepared to use it and can't say anything about it.
The hotel is centrally located, I paid just 5 PLN for a taxi from the main railway station.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business