“Wonderful Polish Gem Of A Place”
Review of P.P.P. Restauracja

P.P.P. Restauracja
Ranked #370 of 1,683 Restaurants in Krakow
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were lucky to find this restaurant near to the apartment we were renting. What a discovery! In a beautiful building (down via a courtyard off Karmelicka Street) it is a real taste of Poland. Not gimicky touristy or overpriced. Just good Polish food, warm staff and a real treat. Very reasonably priced yet a classy dining affair. They provided English Menus so no problems communicating but all Polish food - yum! (Pierogi, sernik etc)

Thank you PPP - we quickly made you our 'local' on our holiday and when we return to Krakow we shall do so again.

As other reviewers have said the surprise is this place is so quiet (hardly any other diners) I think this is due to it not being in a tourist hotspot and perhaps used by locals during the day. 5 minutes walk from Old Town and tucked away makes it a very secret treasure find. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

PPP is about 2 blocks off Rynek Glovny and therefore a bit off the usual tourist track. Accordingly it does not come with "tourist" prices. It is still an easy walk. The signature disk is Balkan Platter and is described as a meal for two. In my opinion that would be two very hungry teenagers. I have on several occasions shared it with four mature adults and we have been fully sated without the need for an entree. In essence it is a mixed grill with rice, chips and some greens.

Yesterday I enjoyed cream of mushroom soup and chicken surprise. The soup was superb. On reflection, it would have been enough. The chicken was indeed surprising and also excellent. My wife had cold beetroot soup which she loves and meat pirogi. She was also unable to finish.

We washed this down with a 500 ml carafe of house white wine, unfortunately not very chilled and a 500 ml glass of Okocim beer which was nicely chilled.

Diners have the option of sitting in the garden to the rear or inside which is in an air conditioned basement. Both are pleasant.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I don't understand it. This restaurant is spotless, air-conditioned during the summer, not far from the central square, and has wonderful food and service. But we were the only people at PPP Restauracja the night we visited (there may have been a couple sitting outside, though). So it was kind of an odd feeling to be so alone, but on the other hand, everything was wonderful. I had the zurek soup which is as good as everybody says, while my son had the "flaming sword." A very exciting meal! Different cuts of meat are skewered onto a sword and then the meats are doused with something alcoholic and set on fire, tableside. (How cool is that?) A massive amount of food at a very reasonable price. And our servers were lovely. You really should go here. You'll enjoy reasonably-priced, well-prepared Polish food in a pleasant setting. What's not to like?

Reviewed 24 June 2013

It was long ago I ventured around Krakow when I came across that place. The owner was standing at the door inviting people inside. It was my lucky day I thought much time later. Not many people know about this gorgeous place. Going downstairs you don not realise that might be one of the best restaurants you have ever eaten at. I always eat onion soup, which I find my favourite. But my children and my wife like the redbeetroot soup and the sour soup here. My main course have mainly been steaks, which I love and which have never disapointed me at this place. My children love pork steaks and my wife wife cannot find words for their veal in grapes. Desserts are partially made by the landlady. So they are home-made. And the landlady loves baking. Nothing to add. Do not miss it. A family run Sun of Krakow diamond on the restaurant map.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

We were recommended by the hotel to try this restaurant. When we walked inside their garden, there was like... no one! So is the restaurant inside! I know it's a weekday, but it's dinner time... it made us a bit skeptical... but oh well, just give it a try!

And it's definitely worth it! The food are so good! The zurek soup is a must try. We had the fried pork chop too, and although it looks ordinary, it tastes really good! I mean, it's like getting the most out of a regular, simple deep fried pork chop!

And I am MORE surprised by the empty house after I left with my full stomach. This restaurant is like the hidden gem in the city!

1  Thank iamtwohitssix