“Excellent Choice”

Hotel Polski Pod Bialym Orlem
Ranked #19 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed for 4 nights in May and as a solo female traveller in her late sixties I was so glad I chose this hotel for my break in Krakow. It is just within the city wall and everywhere is within an easy walking distance. The staff were extremely helpful, the whole hotel was extremely clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast just amazing.
I did find there was quite a lot of noise from the street, I was overlooking Florianska nd MacDonalds, during the early hours of the morning but being so tired from my explorations I soon dropped off to sleep again. It would have been good to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room but neither of these factors would stop me from staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street for a quieter night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife was visiting relatives, and was bewildered by the choice of hotels in Krakow within a certain budget. Polski Hotel was a brilliant choice - comfortable, friendly staff, safe and in a very nice location. Returning in October, she has no hesitation in recommending this hotel when we return together.

Room Tip: Only breakfast is available - no restaurant , but that makes it good value.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is very comfortable. I was there on a business trip and everything worked perfectly, with a no fuss but friendly supportive staff. The breakfast was very good with plenty of variety, I had forgotten my adaptor and the staff immediately found something suitable. The room was clean and large overlooking the street (but no noise problem). If there are any recommendations to be made it would be to increase the variety of TV channels and focus on international programmes.

Overall an excellent place to stay with very helpful staff.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room in the front of the hotel but it had a small hall, dressing area as well a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We rented a triple room in this hotel and were very happy with our choice. The room was very large and comfortable. The beds, dresser and other furniture had character and was not from Ikea or other cookie cutter sources. The floors were wood with oriental carpets. The bathroom was large with a huge bathtub. The staff was very accommodating and stored our luggage for us during the day as our train did not leave until 10 pm. The breakfast buffet was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor as the street can be noisy at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Fabulous room almost like a suite. No room view but light and airy and if you want to see Krakow you don't stay in your room. Pleasant helpful staff - nothing too much trouble. Excellent inclusive breakfast. Brilliant location and facilities. We had in room tea facilities but the Bar and Cake shop downstairs was excellent. Trip booking facilities, internet and hotel/Airport transfer - extra cost but extremely convenient. My husband and I are prepared to recommend this Hotel totally.

We hope to visit in the future at a different time of year then we can gain entrance to Museums etc which only open in April

Thankyou for wonderful accommodation in a beautiful city

Room Tip: Third floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Hotel fresh and clean. Rooms spacious and beds comfy. It was in a perfect location to the old square to visit local shops and restaurants, even a stones throw from a McDonald's and KFC for those who want a taste of home lol. My only criticism is that the rooms don't gave tea/coffee making facilities, which is what you want after walking around all day, so we had to call at costa coffee for drinks and it soon adds up!! Apart from this, I would totally recommend this hotel and Krakow itself. Beautiful city

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We have spent couple of nights over Christmas this year in this lovely beautiful elegant and very welcoming hotel. Room was great , food was excellent, staff amazing helpful and extremely polite, we will definitely come back in fact we are planing trip in May this year :) and lets not forget about location you can not imagine better one just by the main square in hart of the old town, but close enough to large shopping malls and night clubs , just perfect !!! Thanks you to lovely mrs.Bozena and both lovely night receptionist for a great service and making us fell really welcome :) Paula&Rebecca x

Stayed: December 2013