Hotel Polski Pod Bialym Orlem
Pollera(Krakow)
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel(Krakow)
View Hotel
All reviewsflorian gateold towngreat locationthe main squarelovely hotelsingle roomflorianska streetstay there againtrain stationwonderful stayair conditioningquiet roomnice breakfastbeautiful citythe hotel staffwould recommend this hotel to anyonethird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked this hotel for a business trip for 2 nights.situated in a quiet pedestrianised corner just a 5minute walk from the amazing market square.this hotel is in traditional Polish style with old stle furniture adorning the rooms and hall ways , I booked a single room which overlooked the back of other hotels but was quiet and not unsightly. It had a very comfy single bed , dressing table which included a built in mini bar, bedside cabinet and air con, the bathroom was a good size although the shower cubicle was a little on the small size.
The rooms were kept spotless daily with the towels changed each day.
The staff were accomadating and friendly.
Breakfast was included and gave a good variety of cold an hot foods with several delicious cuts of meats.
The hotel had a small very cosey bar built like a separate pub which was lovely.
The only thing I didn't like was you had to pay 2 zlotty to use the toilets which when you are staying in the hotel is a bit of a cheek.
All in all though it is a very clean , quaint and friendly hotel which I will use again on my next trip.

Room Tip: I did hear that the front rooms in the hotel do get a little noise from the main street but the one I was in was situated at the rear opposite the arts museum and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is a couple of minutes from the market square but away from the crowds in a pedestrian area so there is no traffic outside. The room was comfortable, staff friendly and the breakfast, which was included in our room rate, was generous and varied.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed for 4 nights in May and as a solo female traveller in her late sixties I was so glad I chose this hotel for my break in Krakow. It is just within the city wall and everywhere is within an easy walking distance. The staff were extremely helpful, the whole hotel was extremely clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast just amazing.
I did find there was quite a lot of noise from the street, I was overlooking Florianska nd MacDonalds, during the early hours of the morning but being so tired from my explorations I soon dropped off to sleep again. It would have been good to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room but neither of these factors would stop me from staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street for a quieter night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife was visiting relatives, and was bewildered by the choice of hotels in Krakow within a certain budget. Polski Hotel was a brilliant choice - comfortable, friendly staff, safe and in a very nice location. Returning in October, she has no hesitation in recommending this hotel when we return together.

Room Tip: Only breakfast is available - no restaurant , but that makes it good value.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is very comfortable. I was there on a business trip and everything worked perfectly, with a no fuss but friendly supportive staff. The breakfast was very good with plenty of variety, I had forgotten my adaptor and the staff immediately found something suitable. The room was clean and large overlooking the street (but no noise problem). If there are any recommendations to be made it would be to increase the variety of TV channels and focus on international programmes.

Overall an excellent place to stay with very helpful staff.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room in the front of the hotel but it had a small hall, dressing area as well as the room itself, more room than I have found in similar hotels.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business