“You MUST eat here!!!!!!!!!!!”

Restauracja Stodola 47
Ranked #125 of 1,653 Restaurants in Krakow
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This is an excellent restaurant located near the the end of ul. florianska. Wide range of polish cuisine excellently prepared. Warm rustic setting with open log fire. Very, very tasty food and very good value for money
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We went here as a direct result of the reviews found on tripadvisor.
It is right on the main street as you enter the old town and is well worth finding.
We went on our second day for lunch and had the soup IN a loaf of bread which was just amazing!!!!!
This place is slightly hidden away down a small alley but you MUST find it.
We loved it so much we went back that night.
I had Beef Strogenoff with Potato cakes and the wife had smoked salmon salad. Both meals were just perfect. With excellent draught beer too. Followed by complimentary
cherry Vodka. Mmmmmmm
The next day we returned again> I had Bigos which is beef with cabbage in sauce, the wife had pork in sauce. Both meals again were perfect and probably some of the best food I have ever had anywhere. (And I love my food)
Go here you wont be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!

5  Thank sandychc

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We found this restaurant purely by chance, we were actually in the bar downstairs having a drink and asked the barman if he could recommend somewhere to eat. He said upstairs is good, we were obviously a little suspicious but there was no need to be, great food great service and as cheap as chips! We had eaten in other places which were a lot more expensive and the food was just as good if not better, would definately recommend !

3  Thank mypithat
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Stumbled across this lovely restaurant at lunch time and went in to try the special lunch menu. We were made so welcome, and there was a lovely log fire that was much appreciated on one of the coldest days of the year. The food was delicious, myself having the breadcrumbed pork with brown cabbage and roast potatoes and my sister having the breadcrumbed chicken with chips and salad. We were offered hot wine which was delicious. The value was amazing and so we decided to return in the evening the following day. Again the food was spot on, they offered us a complimentary pate starter and we were offered complimentary cherry vodka at the end of our meal. The chicken was cooked to perfection and the hot apple cake desseret with ice cream was lovely. For a delicious meal in Krakow at incredible value, in a lovely environment, you must try this place. We enjoyed it so much we will be booking flights for another break in Krakow and this is where we will be heading!

2  Thank PandOCruiser
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This was the second empty restaurant we walked in to, in fact, we found all the restaurants very quiet, maybe it was the time of year. This is a charming restaurant with a real fire. The staff were lovely and friendly. The food was delicious and we had a lovely meal with a bottle of red wine which we found was not at all overpriced. Would definitely return to this restaurant.

1  Thank d_benson1
Reviewed 8 October 2011

The name Stodola means barn and that is how it is decorated. Coming in from busy Florian Street, I confess I was a bit surprised to walk into a dark place with a wooden roof, furnished with rough wooden benches and tables and decorated with agricultural tools and animal hides. But I immediately took a liking to the place.
The welcome was absolutely charming and within less than a minute I had received several smiles, a beer, rye bread with lard and an appealing menu. I was on my own, on a Saturday night and was allowed to take one of the nice, big tables.

When my boletus soup was served within two minutes of ordering I got a bit suspicious, though. Although it wasn't the best I've ever had,  it was still absolutely ok.
While I was eating my soup more people arrived and the restaurant was at least half full, with many Polish guests by the way. But the waitresses still managed to serve everybody in record time. I had my main dish five minutes after I finished my soup. I had potato pancakes with pork in a rich creamy sauce with lots of fresh boletus mushrooms. Very nice, at least if you like rich food.
Overall: good food, not just the same fare you will find in all the other Polish restaurants, but more original. Cosy atmosphere, wonderful service. But: don't expect to spend a leisurely evening here! It feels a bit like a rushed business meal for very busy managers.
Slowing down a little bit would make the place even more enjoyable!
I managed to draw out my second beer to last me half an hour. By that time, 9pm, all the other guests had eaten and left.

3  Thank PukkaSahib