“Best Hostel ever”

Ranked #3 of 417 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best Hostel ever”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I stayed here for new years eve 2010 and had a great time. Nice clean place great location and the staff were amazing. After there shift they would take a group of us out and show us around, now in my opinion you can't get better customer service than that. I would 100% stay here again when visiting Krakow, and what a wonderful city i must say, love it there. late review but got there adventually

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and i are 26 and 27 and came to Krakow to mainly visit Auschwitz, we picked this hostel because of the location- we were not disappointed!
The staff were really helpful from the time of booking until the time we checked out to go home!
Really quick replies when I sent emails to book tours and with any questions I had. Booked the Auschwitz tour through the hostel which was mind blowing, defiantly worth a visit, such a harrowing experience!
The staff at the hostel allowed us to check in early and provided us with a map and recomended good places to eat and see!
Would also highly recommend the free walking tours which the hostel recommended- great way to see the city and learn about Krakow!
Great free breakfast and free evening meals we loved the Polish Dumplings :)
Only slight issue was our room being opposite the common room and the other travellers wanting to party- they were loud! But only until about 10.45pm when I guess they were taken on pub crawls!
Great hostel, we would definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2012
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Fantastic staff, great location, very social, extremely clean, 5 star hostel for sure. The reception staff sat us down for half an hour and showed us on a map where to go in Krakow for everything from food to shops to sights. I would recommend this hostel to everyone and will go back for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed at Mosquito in October 2012 in a triple room with private ensuite and another friend stayed in a 6 bed dorm (shared bathrooms). We also had a balcony. The hostel was really clean and tidy and very centrally located. There was a free breakfast each morning with a good selection of bread, cereal, sliced meats, cheese and yoghurt as well as tea & coffee. The information and map provided with walking tour details and entertainment was great and the staff were all friendly. They run tours from the hostel - beacuse we were a group (of 4 people) we researched our our tours and got better deals elsewhere but if you were going to Krakow by yourself or with only 1 other person I would say to do the tours with the hostel as you will meet people as when we were there the majority of those staying were solo or duo travellers. There is a nice common room where they have different activities/food/drinks each night all included in the price of your room. I would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Extreamly helpfully people who are generally enthused about the area. I needed a doctor and within 5minutes there was an appointment and a taxi waiting. The hostel has been extended 6montjs ago I believe so our room was new and very clean. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed 2 November 2012

From the moment I arrived to the moment I left, I loved it! We had just arrived off a night train and arrived just expecting to leave our bags in but they welcomed us in, let us avail of the breakfast and take a shower. You would not get such treatment anywhere else. The girls working in the hostel booked us into an aushwitz tour that collected us from the door of the hostel and dropped us back after. The hostel was very clean and modern. The atmosphere was very friendly and laid back. There was activities organised every day and night which was great for meeting people and exploring Krakow. We loved it so much we stayed an extra night. And when it was time to check out on the last morning, we were not kicked out, they invited us to stay all day and hang out, watch movies, play games, free wifi, free use of the great kitchen facilites, etc. until we caught the train that night! Can not recommend this hostel anymore... Only wish I had was that they had a chain of these hostels around Europe so that I could stay in one in every city I went to.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bramsche, Niedersachsen, Germany
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I booked this hostel by taking a friend's reccommendation and I am very happy I did. Free breakfast which was good and also free dinners, event nights and nightly pub crawls which were also included. The staff were very nice and helpful and I found the hostel to be really clean and tidy. Great location, only a couple of mins walk into town and any other attractions. I booked 2 tours through the hostel which was hassle free and they were always on time. It's got a great atmosphere and with the free dinners and event nights, it was so easy to mingle with other travellers in the common room.

Room Tip: Choose one with an ensuite as I found it a pain to get dressed and take everything with me to go hav...