“Most Amazing Hostel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 405 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Edinburgh
“Most Amazing Hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hostel was literally the best accommodation I've ever stayed in. The entire staff (especially Ania) is absolutely fantastic, incredibly helpful and overwhelmingly welcoming. The hostel itself is really well located within Krakow and it was well-decorated and laid out. Every night there was a different event and free breakfast and dinner. I recommend this hostel to everyone who wants to feel like they are in a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

After travelling around Europe for around a month staying in various different hostels, this was by far the best and I credit this purely to the friendly and enthusiastic staff. Great value for money as well - we received breakfast and dinner which were both delicious at no additional charge. Organised activities in the evenings have us a great introduction to the nightlife in krakow and the hostel also offered a number of different tours during the days. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank maddys2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place is potentially the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I recently stayed here for 4 nights because of a friends wedding in Krakow. The dorms and the bathrooms are very clean and spacious. You have everything you need in this hostel- free dinners, breakfasts, great maps, chill out areas, activities. The real stand out factor is the staff who are super friendly- everytime I returned from wandering or sightseeing I felt like I was coming back to a home base! I cant recommend it enough.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dee_lala
Granada, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

It is a great place with really good staff. People working at the hostel were really helpful, welcoming and nice. Moreover, the hostel was really clean, the kitchen has all that you need to prepare your lunch or dinner. I will come back if I will go to Krakow again :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Genoa, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Spent 3 nights there and I can say I just got what I expected: friendly and professional staff, clean spaces, free tours, decent breakfast and a perfect location (5 mins. from main square of Krakow).

I consider myself as a "do it by yourself fanatic", so didn't join the walking tour or pub crawl groups, but it's always nice to know that you can choose!

The reason why I'm giving a 4 out of 5 evaluation concerns the price. Being a so-called "top hostel" means being more expensive than others (not too much anyway), but also more exposed to critics: maybe the 6 bed dorm which I used was a bit too small as well as the kitchen and at least 1 out 2 shared bathrooms.

Also you should update info on your website: no train terminal working from the airport! Ok guys, nothing too serious, I just could have saved a 15 min walk... :)

Just let me put one more good word about the management: It is true that this hostel is probably a better option for young guests aged 18 to 25, but I have to say that the staff really takes care of the silence time after 10pm. so everybody getting back at late night is asked to avoid shouts and noises. Really appreciated that, thanks! :)

Room Tip: In my opinion the 12 bed dorm would have been better than the 6... Light sleepers use earplugs! :)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Krakow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place is the best hostel/hotel I've ever stayed at! When I arrived, the staff let me drop off my stuff and freshen up a bit before I had to officially check in. I then got a comprehensive verbal introduction to the old town and the staff gave me so many suggestions on where to eat and what to do from an insider's perspective. The rooms are very clean, the lockers huge (my entire suitcase fit in there and then more), the breakfast simple but good, and can I ever mention the fantastic dinners we have here for free! The hostel is extremely central to everything, the activities very fun at night, and the fellow guests are so friendly and wonderful. Highly, highly recommended for anybody backpacking and on a budget.

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I can't give praises high enough for this place. Staff are super friendly, upon check in they sat down with us for near an hour and went through our 'list'of places we wanted to visit giving their opinion on what was good or not so good. Free breakfast consists of simple cereal, toast and yoghurt. Different dinner every night. Beds were really cosy, my only complaint was the location of the room. Room 1 was a double room with shared bathroom but it was right beside the front door and reception, every night between 2 and 4am we were loudly awakened by people hammering the door to get in which if the receptionist was down in the kitchen and the people didn't ring the bell (often despite the sign on the door),then it could go on quite a while. If you want an uninterrupted sleep then get a double ensuite which is futher down the hall. All in all it was a great hostel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple