“Best hostel ever”

Ranked #3 of 412 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best hostel ever”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Had an absolutely amazing time at Mosquito!! The staff couldn't have been lovelier or more helpful! Apart from the room being great value for money, you get free dinner, free drinks and free nights out with the hostel! Couldn't recommend it any higher!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank emilyj65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Trim, Ireland
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for somewhere that has everything this is the hostel for you! The staff went out of their way to be incredibly friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Every evening they bring the hostel together for food and games or chat providing a great opportunity to meet other travellers. Breakfast was provided which was greatly appreciated! The staff take the residents on a bar crawl every evening if they wish. All round this hostel in one in a million and I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 night stay here. My only regret was that I couldn't stay longer. I will definitely be back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aisling B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is probably the best hostel we've stayed in. Friendly, knowledgeable staff (thanks for the Stanley Kubrick exhibition heads-up) and a great location 5 mins amble from the main square. We stayed in a double (no.3) with private bathroom, balcony and little lounge-type area. There's free breakfast and Polish meals cooked by the staff in the evenings (you just need to sign up). There are options to mingle with other guests, but it's quiet enough for those early starts too. Would definitely stay here next time we're over.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lol F
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I had the best stay at Mosquito Hostel! The hostel is small and intimate. There are activities and dinners on every evening so you get to know everyone staying there really well, including the staff. It doesn't take long for this place to feel like home, really! The staff are the most lovely, helpful and warm hostel staff I have ever come across, and I've been travelling around and staying in hostels for the past 4 months so that's a pretty big deal! The atmosphere is so vibrant, I promise you, it'll be hard to leave! In fact, I decided not to go to Prague, just so I could stay an extra few days and the staff made ME a cake and thanked me?! Which made no sense cause they had been doing so much for me and making me feel so comfortable. I should have been the one making a cake for them! I would come back to Krakow just to stay at this hostel again.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Nadine S
mozziee, General Manager at Mosquito Hostel Krakow, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Make sure you book direct with our hostel website or with facebook ( 5% off till end of the week for all Facebook bookings ).

Best rates & availability only our own website.

Have a save travel
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at the uniqely named Mosquito Hostel for 5 great nights and luckily NO mosquitos were seen or heard during our entire stay! Wonder how hostels come up with their names?

This was hands down the best hostel we’ve ever stayed: fantastic location just a 10 minute walk from the combination bus and train station, super friendly staff, beautifully presented platters of sliced meats and cheeses on beds of lettuce with tomatoes and cucumbers with an array of breads for the free breakfast daily, a free light repast for dinner, fresh flowers on the tables in the dining/entertainment room,and free use of the washer including detergent. We've not experienced anything close to that anywhere; we paid $56 per night for all that for a double bed room with the shared bathroom.

Only wrinkle for us was we had Room 1, located just inches away from the front door and reception area so it was not the most peaceful rest we had each of the 5 nights we stayed. This would be a perfect hostel for the ‘younger’ set as the young staff hosted nightly drinking games, pub crawls, etc which, judging by the revelry around 9:30 every night outside our door, must have been a hit.

Room Tip: If at all possible, stay well clear of Room 1 because of its location right next to the front door a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annie B
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I was just reminiscing about my time at Mosquito Hostel in June with a fellow guest, and felt guilty for not submitting a review before, but better late than never I suppose!

I have stayed in countless hostels around Europe, and this is by far my favorite one. It has everything you could ever dream of a hostel having. Amazing, fun, knowledgeable and helpful staff, incredibly fun activities (one after dinner and then they take you out to fabulous places every night), clean and spacious facilities (plenty of showers and toilets, great kitchen, awesome common room), great WiFi and a guest computer to use, FREE breakfast, dinner and laundry (and I'm not talking toast and cereal for breakfast and spaghetti for dinner, but robust meals that fill you up and are reasonably healthy!), free shots, club entry... you name it! And all with such a comfortable atmosphere that you'll never want to leave. Whether you want to party, nap, watch TV, chat with people, whatever, you are able to do it all. Annnddd it's cheap!!

I met fantastic people here that I still talk to and reminisce about Krakow and Mosquito with and I will go back to Krakow mostly just so I can stay at this hostel again (though I absolutely love the city as well!). I have recommended this place to a countless number of people and will keep doing so. Mosquito, I love and miss you dearly and cannot wait to see your beautiful face again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank wandering_ging
HONG KONG
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Although I just spend less than 12 hours at this hostel, I felt homey and the energy of the friendly staff, even the tourists who stayed there, everybody are like friends. The breakfast is of variations, I can say, you wouldn't believe it's a hostel free breakfast! When I was there, the hostel 'chef' Chris baked an orange and dark chocolate cake, I really felt like eating a piece of cake of any fancy patisserie! The free curry dinner, was made for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians, how thoughtful! I regret spending so few hours at Mosquito Krakow; I highly recommend it to travellers going to Krakow.

Room Tip: I booked a bed space in the 10 mix dorm but it was OK because you have your own spacious locker and...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo