We booked a party of five into two rooms for three nights, whilst we did the touristy things around the city. The rooms were exactly as expected, very clean, large and equipped with TV, and tea/coffee facilities. One of the rooms 305 was air conditioned other, 201 was not, but not a problem at this time of year. The girls at the front desk (staff were always more than helpful, smiling, welcoming) were very helpful when asked for milk and other items to replenish the stock in the room. The Hotel has very little communal area, but the bedrooms were big enough so that we could all get round to enjoy Pizzas & drinks. The trams operate on a very busy intersection and with all the other traffic, be prepared to either take the alcohol or earplugs, even though good double glazing on all windows. Beds and bedding was 100%.Location is ideal, trams go in several directions zl 2.80 for 30 mins, (we took the tram to walk around Plazow camp area, then walked back) tickets either from the stops, some machines on the trams & buses, and we understand drivers sometimes take money if no machines onboard (change is given by the machines and they can produce multiple tickets in one cash transaction). 15 mins walk to the main square, 20 mins to main station, about 35 mins when we went to Schindlers museum and then walked around the Ghetto area. Location for all this walking was brilliant. Breakfast was a fairly good array with something to suit everyone (seen better, seen a lot worse), but for the money the hotel was really good value, and would have no issues about recommending my friends to go there (the rumbling trams add atmosphere, but not solitude). We did all the trips independantly with no regrets. Wieliczka Salt Mine was a wonderful trip, travel there by public MIni Bus, and return by normal bus. Auschwitz day - travel was by train, which went at snails pace most of the time (two hour journey back), then 30 mins walk to the camp from the station at Oswiecem. Whole experience was well worth the visit, cheaper than we had expected, with restaurants being very good value compared to UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Globus is located in the old town of Krakow few steps away from the Main Market Square and Kazimierz district. This location will allow you to enjoy all the attractions of the city and shopping in the neighborhood.We offer 15 comfortable guest rooms: single, twins, triples,quads in *** standard. Every room has bathroom, lavish bedding, free high-speed Internet access, phone, TV LCD screen, working desk, tea/coffee facilities. Breakfast is served in firm of buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Aparthotel Globus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Globus Rooms & Apartments Hotel Krakow
- Globus Rooms And Apartments