We recently stayed at the Globus Hotel in Krakow. We picked as one of the best options for a good quality,value for money Hotel as a last minute booking. We'd read a few more reviews and asked for a High Floor to the rear of the Hotel. We'd read that the Front was noisy, which we could well imagine having stayed there! The Hotel is on a corner of the Main crossing for the Trams. Trams going to and coming from every direction converge just across the road,so it's very busy outside. It was strange,even on the top floor to feel the vibrations when they passed! And we had to take the cups out of their saucers to stop them chinking together...Having said that,we were out all day and the Trams had always stopped by the time we got back to the room and started again about 5.30ish in the morning...Those with any disability should take into consideration that there are no lifts in the Hotel..It's location was excellent though.Across the road and 10 mins later you were in the Market Square..10 minutes the other way and you were in the Jewish Quarter. We walked everywhere no problem. The taxi driver from the Airport offered the Aushwitz trip for 400 PLN (zloty's) but with the help of the staff we did it ourselves on the Local Bus for 120PLN!! We were only 15/20 mins from the main Railway Station and Bus Station. We just turned up at D8 Bus Stop, paid 10 PLN's each and sat back an enjoyed the scenery on the 1hr and 15min trip. The taxi driver tried to say that it would be best to go by taxi because the other camp (Aushwitz 2 -Birkenau) was another bus ride away. But you've got to pay for an interpreter guide(unless you get there before 10am or after 3pm- when you are free to walk around at your leisure) and ours was fantastic with the tour and a Free Shuttle Bus waits right outside the starting point to take you there and back. So be a tourist and do it yourselves!! Everybody we came across was always very helpul and friendly. The same can be said of the staff at the Hotel. Nothing was too much trouble whether it was getting the weather up for us or Bus/Train timetables. Don't use the Train to Aushwitz as it stops in the actual town and no where near the entrance to the 'Museum' as it's called. The staff at Globus gave us loads of maps and we even walked to the Ghetto's and Shindlers factory following them. Everything is very cheap. We ate everywhere from 'Top Restaurants' to 'Kutchnia Doroty' and was very surprised by how reasonable both charged. In the Kutchnia we had soup, 2 Beef Stroganoff's,2 Beers all for 48 PLN's....That's less than £12!! Our room was very clean but dated..a pity really as the bathroom (shower only) had been upgraded and was lovely. Good hot powerful shower too. I think a feature wall and some new lamps would make such a difference. We had a nice closet area,so no case/bags hanging around. And for some reason I had a chair instead of a bedside table?
Buffet breakfast was excellent. Fresh hams,cheeses,cereals,eggs,breads, yoghurts and jams etc. There was a little toaster and fresh brewed coffee. And the day we left it was too early for breakfast so the Hotel made us up a Breakfast box,which had everything in it except the coffee! So,a good budget hotel in a good location!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Globus is located in the old town of Krakow few steps away from the Main Market Square and Kazimierz district. This location will allow you to enjoy all the attractions of the city and shopping in the neighborhood.We offer 15 comfortable guest rooms: single, twins, triples,quads in *** standard. Every room has bathroom, lavish bedding, free high-speed Internet access, phone, TV LCD screen, working desk, tea/coffee facilities. Breakfast is served in firm of buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aparthotel Globus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Globus Rooms & Apartments Hotel Krakow
- Globus Rooms And Apartments