“Flexible and nice hosts!”

Art-Mont Guest Rooms
and 1 more site!
Art-Mont Guest Rooms
Ranked #56 of 131 Krakow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed here for three nights in a triple room with shared bathroom. The rooms were nice and big and the WC was clean. The staff was excellent! Very friendly and helpful, they gave us maps, information, advise and everything else we needed.

The location is good, with walking distance to sights in Krakow. If your going to the salt mines and/or Auschwich it is a short walk to the bus station (take the bus - not the organized trips - way better prices).

The price considered this place is great!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I can't say enough good things about Art Mont. We had a spacious ground floor room. Art Mont is located on a quiet side street within easy walking distance of all tourist attractions. The entire staff is wonderful!!!! Always available and willing to give us what we needed (including plastic buckets for me to soak my aching feet in). Breakfast is good and we made lunch out of it also for the days we took tours. We had a mini frig to store our store bought goodies in. My favorite was a vegetable market not too far away. I bought fresh berries to eat with milk out of my coffee cup.
We sometimes used the office internet altho we had wifi in our room. Staff was very knowledgeable about tourist attractions and had lots of literature. Our most appreciated assistance was at 6 a.m. on our day of departure. we had already left our key in the room and gone outside to wait for airport transport which didn't show up. Finally we rang the bell and woke up the owner who graciously tried to call the company and then called us a cab and spoke with the driver because we had no zloty. We could not have made it to the airport without her assistance.

Room Tip: ground floor would be simpler-we had number 6, which was huge. We booked through booking.com
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tomorrowsantiques
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Great location, huge room, private bathroom, close to the airport (70zl by taxi and the hotel will arrange it for you), SUPER friendly and helpful staff, walking distance from everything - Old Town, Jewish Quarter, Krakow Glowny Train/Bus Station, Wawel Hill. Tea/Coffee, dining table, and fridge in the room. Quiet at night. We were given a stack of helpful brochures and maps in our language when we checked in. This was a good value for the price that we paid.

My only complaints: The bed was really, really, really hard. We both woke up with back and neck pain every morning. We typically like firm mattresses, but this was just way too hard. The pillows were very small and flat, providing no support. I'm sure they would have given us extra had we asked though.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2011

My wife (who is Polish), has stayed here on business trips for years.

The two of us have stayed there the 3 times we've been Krakow together. That in itself should be a recommendation.

The guest rooms are a relatively short walk from the train station (which you're also likely to arrive through if you fly intto Krakow) - about 800m through a safe area.

The rooms are tidy, although you keep them tidy yourself as the beds are made up when you leave, not every day and bathrooms are very good quality. That said, the accommodation is great value for money and the lady who runs the guest rooms is very nice and helpful (and has lots of maps on hand).

Generally speaking, you're not in Krakow to stay in your rooms though - and the guest rooms are about 100m from the old town.

Krakow itself is full of dining opportunities and there's plenty of shops around to get supplies in otherwise.

This is a nice place to base in to explore one of the most beautiful cities in Europe (and I'm not biased - my wife comes from a different city!).

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank escottf
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed at Art Mont Guest Rooms in July of 2010 with friends. Three of us were given a room with four beds - it was very spacious! The room included a table and chairs, mini fridge and the fixings for coffee and tea. We were very happy with our accommodation. One evening we bought beer and snacks from a small shop down the street and simply enjoyed the quaint courtyard. The Guest House was within walking distance of the Old Town - after a cup of coffee in our room, we'd walk to the centre for breakfast. Several hotels offered full breakfast buffets or you could get a simple breakfast at the YMCA. On the mornings we left early for excursions, we simply bought fruit and rolls the night before and ate in our room.

Our best evening meal was just a few steps down from the hotel... I forget the name, but it was decorated in an old Polish hunting lodge decor with wooden slab tables and a traditional stove in the centre of the room. The traditional Polish food was plentiful and delicious.

When I return to Krakow, I will definitely stay at Art Mont again. It felt like home, Eva was a gem - ever helpful, even doing laundry for us! I hope to see you next summer, Eva!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ladywanderlust_65
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed there for 11 nights in June 2011 (dentist-work). I had room nr 10 whitch had all I needed, private bathroom, kitchen unit and a nice bed..and a free connection for my computer. Just a short walk ( 7 minutes) to the old town, so very sentral ! Good service at the recepiton ! The entrence is looking old and worn down..but rooms are good ! The back garden needs attention, but they were busy renovating the house...so not time for it all :))
Krakow is a real beauty, and I'll be back for sure.. And I'll book my stay at Art-Mont !!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank viking069
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Travelled in OCt 09 with 4 others, having read great reviews on other sites we chose this as our budget accomodation - what a choice
It doesnt pretend to be anything other than it is - great value rooms in the centre of Krakow in the old town 5 mins walk from the square
spotlessly clean, extremely friendly, rooms even had a small kitchenette for your own food
Ok so for what we paid we didnt expect 5* but I've stayed in far less welcoming 5* places
It was snowing when we arrived - yes in Oct!- and decidely chilly yet inside was warm and spotless
We even were given a discount for booking well in advance
One caution they like paying in Euro's not that that was a problem but just so you know and cash not credit card
Room cleaned well every day - they take a real pride in what they do
a short stroll away takes you to the square with plenty to see and do although a beer outside was not a good idea in the cold!

Cant recomend enough if you want a low cost, well located, clean friendly establishment.

Large rooms very flexible too with one thast sleeps 4 and another that sleeps 3 as well as twins

also recomend www.krakowdirect.com for transfers and excursions, clean well maintained people carriers, all staff are students who speak fluent english and are well informed

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends