“Wieliczka Salt mines”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$47.25*
and up
Day Trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial from...
Ranked #25 of 103 Transportation in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: Cracow City Tours - young, energetic tour company from Cracow, professional attitude and excellent value for low prices. Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, Salt Mine in Wieliczka, Cracow Old Town Sightseeing, Nowa Huta, Zakopane, Dunajec, Częstochowa and many more. The meeting point located in the city centre and easy to be found. No hotel pick-up as we don’t intend to torture you going around the town and collecting people from other hotels. Groups can expect individual treatment.
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I went on this tour in mid May this year and it was a great tour. It's also really different from your typical tours. I was sceptical because it was recommended to me by my hostel - and I had no idea if it was genuinely good. But it was. It was a little long but probably more because we had a huge group so it took us a long time to move through everything. The tour guide (Sebastian) was really fantastic. He was organised, incredibly knowledgeable about all things Kraków (not just the mine itself) and he was hilarious. He really kept the group motivated and interested. While I can't remember a specific example, I remember he was really good at explaining with good reasons why certain things wouldn't be possible. Sometimes tourist ask things or want to do things that are not included, and instead of patronising people with silly reason he was actually helpful and honest. We took a tour at the end of the day and he didn't rush through at the end and when our large group was waiting for a long time to get out he was cool under fire and really organised. Definitely recommend this tour.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,454)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"airport transfer"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked a tour with Cracow City tours because they were the most reasonable in price. We paid 100 zloty each to visit Aushchwitz & Berkenau. We picked up the coach at 13.15 and made our way to the camps. Our tour guide on the coach was lovely, Javier, a Spanish tour guide who was very knowledgeable.

Our tour guide as the camp was amazing. She conducted the tour, not as just a job, but with empathy and feeling. She must do this hundreds of times but nothing was rushed and it was if we were the only people there, a very personal tour! We then went to Berkenau, again she met us there and despite walking around in 32 degrees she was professional and composed. Javier rounded up the group and we made our way home...

A long day but well worth the visit. I would highly recommend the company and a big thanks to Javier for his knowledge and professionalism !!

Need walking shoes and a lot of water !!!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I would like to recommend Cracow City Tours as the best company for guided tours to Wieliczka salt mine and Auschwitz. The ticket we bought was at very good price. I we went to the mine by ourselves it would cost us pretty much the same. However, the ticket we get included a free lunch at Greg and Tom. The meal we were served was really big and tasty.

Moreover, Cracow City Tours provided us a 30 % discount on transportation to the airport. You just point a day and our and they pick you up to the airport. It is very convenient :)

I was very satisfied with the guidance in the salt mine. Our guide Sebastian was really cool. He told us really interesting facts about the mine and lots lots lots of jokes.

I definitely recommend everyone booking with Cracow City Tours!

TomKrak, Owner at Cracow City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hi,

thank you for your comment. I'm glad to know that you are satisfied with all our services. We are thinking all the time what else we can do to make your stay as good as possible. We reach our aim if we recive such feedback as yours :)

Tom

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

A must see visit if going to Krakow. The tour is well organised and great value for money. Picked up from hotel and dropped off in main square. About 6.5hrs in total.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Auschwitz and Birkenau Memorial--the tour guide, whom we were assigned upon arrival to Auschwitz, did a phenomenal job. This young lady took her time and answered all of our questions. The manner in which she gave details and told us stories felt personal; when we asked she told us that her grandfather was a part of the ordeal and had been a prisoner at the camp. The fact that this meant so much to her and that she was willing to share her personal stories with us made the visit that much more real for those of us that did the tour with her. Extremely knowledgeable and had a real passion in what she was doing--that's not always the case with the tour guides. Thank you!

Salt Mines--let me first say that the bookings for both events were done through a tour company that myself and a few other friends had looked into. This was not our choosing. Taxi pickup, coming and going, was also booked through this company. When we went to check in for the Salt Mines trip the receptionist asked if we could change our pick up time from 8 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. When we chose otherwise she gave us excuses about traffic and construction and rudely stated that if we missed our flight then it was on us. From the airport to our hotel was 15 minutes, 20 max. Our flight was not until 10:50 leaving Poland; she clearly didn't expect us to say no and had the nastiest attitude about it afterwards. After settling that discussion and getting on the bus we departed and I had to use the restroom. I'd already been holding it for a while and when I went for it the bathroom door on the bus was locked. I went to the front and stated that I had to go at which point I was told the bathroom was closed, again with attitude from the driver. One of the guides told us we'd be there in about 30 minutes and I tried to hold it but couldn't. When another from my group went up to let them know I wasn't feeling well, the tour guide came to the back of the bus with more attitude than necessary. His response wasn't "are you okay" but "what's the problem". He may as well had rolled his neck and stomped his feet with it. My group and others are sitting there in shock. He proceeded to call us liars, incompetent, and expressed with great enthusiasm that he'd NEVER had this type of problem before (I simply had to use the restroom), guaranteed us that we did not ask the receptionist to use the restroom (he was not there) and went on to quote the laws of Krakow concerning bathrooms on tour buses. This man stood there and argued with us for at least 5 minutes even after I said leave it alone and asked him to end the conversation. When it got to be too much he offered for me to get off the bus and use the restroom at a hotel because we had to make a stop to pick up others but by that point the situation was so far out of control that I simply wanted him to stop talking and move it back to the front of the bus. He just so happened to be our tour guide once we arrived to the salt mines and I will say that he did an excellent job of that and gave us plenty of information.

Customer service and hospitality are key. And we'd have understood the law and the rules of the bus had he approached the situation in a different manner. Absolutely horrible attitude and negative approach with it all. Price won't always be a factor when you don't know how to treat your people.
Overall, the tours themselves were really good and guides provided a ton of information.

TomKrak, Manager at Cracow City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello,
thank you for review. I will pass it to our tour leader of Auschwitz tour and of course to Sebastian, our Salt Mines' guide. I'm happy to know that you are satisfied with their services.
Also I'm sorry for you conversation with Sebastian on the bus about toilet, but not only in our country is such a law that on the distance under 100km we don't need to provide toilet on the bus. The reason is simple - environment - liquid is toxic and there is only few palces in Poland where we can change it. We have this information shown in the office and on our webiste and if anyone ask about that in the office we give such a information.
Also I'm sorry if you found my behaviour rude in the office - I asked you to change time of your pick up just to be sure that you won't miss your flight. I know that google maps is giving information 15 min to the airport, but we, who live here, we know that on Mondays we have very bad traffic and there are renovations at the airport. Anyway I'm sorry if you found my care rude.
Best regards,