“Hilton Garden Kraków”

Ranked #26 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
Krakow, Poland
“Hilton Garden Kraków”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Very good hotel, close to the city center. Excellent rooms, clean. You will remember very good breakfast! The fitness center could be better, no swimming pool or sauna. I've enjoyed the stay. And the reception service, very nice and friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Kraków, Polska
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Comfort, pleasure all you need. I stayed in many hotels all around the world but my favorite is Hilton Garden Inn in Krakow Poland. People working there create such fantastic atmosphere. You need to see to believe.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

dorota_smagur, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for staying with us . Its my pleasure to hear we have the most delicious hotel breakfast and our team makes all possible to create great atmoshpeare.
Thank you and hope to see you again.
Best regards
Dorota Smagur
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My girlfriend and I spent 3 nights just after Xmas here and really liked it. The breakfast was great and the room was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly too.
The view from our room wasn't great but I'm not sure if rooms on the opposite side are any better. The hotel is a bit out of the way, but still only 5 mins from the nearest tram stop and 10-15 mins from the Castle and Cathedral.
Perhaps a hotel of this size would benefit from a pool/spa and the bar never seemed to be used - better if it had been a "skybar" I think…

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from 5 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn, Krakow, and had such a great experience! The hotel was great from the word go, we arrived a few hours early for check in to see if we could drop off our bags somewhere before going into the city (we got a really early flight) and instead the receptionist offered to check us in straight away, which was so great and meant we were able to shower and unpack after our flight before heading into the city! The room was a standard double (I think) and it was spacious, with a really comfortable bed, clean white linen, a large clean bathroom with a great shower, clean, fluffy white towels, shampoo etc, hair dryer, fridge - literally everything we needed! The curtains we the black-out kind so we slept really well every night and there was plenty of storage space for clothes etc!
The staff in the hotel were all so helpful, they were on hand to help us book excursions, taxis, advise us on buses, I even got a bit of help with my Polish (though everyone spoke such good English!).
We didn't eat in the hotel as we preferred to go into the city for breakfast etc, but ordered some room service which was reasonably priced, prompt and nice and hot! And when we needed some milk the bar staff were happy to help - free of charge!
The location of the hotel was also great! It cost 89pln to get there from the airport (less than £20), around 25pln to get into the city centre on New Years Eve, and it was only around a 20 minute walk to the Main Square and also to the Jewish Quarter!
The only downside of our whole stay (and its very very small!!) was that the hotel room did get a bit warm but the air con was too loud for us to have on over night so we did wake up very hot a few times, thats absolutely the only thing that we would want to change about the room!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to see Krakow in comfort and style for a very reasonable price, and I will be staying in Hilton Garden Inn's in the future!

1 Thank SamiPlant
Boston
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I booked an award reservation with points at this hotel for a 5 day stay on the first part of my Poland family vacation. I was very pleasantly surprised by this modern, well-run hotel. The staff is very friendly and took care of my every request, including an impromptu tour reservation. The facility is very new and very modern. The room was a bit small but I expect that in Europe. We had to order an extra bed for my son but it was very comfortable for him. The breakfast was excellent, a great spread of all kinds of food, including local fare. The restaurant staff were very friendly and did a great job of making us feel welcome. The location is not at the center of the tourist areas, but its convenient and there were always taxis parked out front. It is walking distance from everything you would want to see in Krakow. The only issue I had was music noise from a party on the 1st floor... and I was on the 6th! The music ended at a reasonable time, though, and I was able to get plenty of sleep. I would definitely stay here again, no doubt about it.

Room Tip: Pretty much all the rooms have good positioning, but I would recommend a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I have just returned from our 3 night trip to Krakow, Poland. We booked a very late deal with Easyjet, flying from a new airport for us, Southend, so were a little worried about what we were walking into. There really was no need to worry. This hotel was outstanding. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The room was smart and comfortable and the breakfast....well, what can I say. On our first morning we went down to breakfast and were greeted by a wealth of food choices. There were all the usual fruits, cereals, pastries and yoghurts....in abundance. The English breakfast was plentiful but the sight of a chef making fresh omelettes, pancakes or fried eggs etc was amazing - I made use of this the next day by having a cheese and onion omelette made, followed by fresh pancakes...wow! But to cap it all, there was a waffle making machine. A very kind French man showed me how to work it and I enjoyed my first waffle ever for breakfast.

I read reviews about the location of this hotel in relation to the main square and I have to disagree with most of them. It is a fair walk, approx 35/40 mins but if you come out of the hotel, turn left and walk up the hill to where the trams go from you can get a no. 18 or 52 (4 stops) to the edge of the square for 2.80PLN (55p). But if you're there on holiday how better to see the sites than by walking. You can walk under the subway, just outside the hotel, and take any of the bridges into the town.

We ate at the hotel on our last night, having a homemade burger and chips...not French fries, and for 35PLN (£6.95) it was worth every penny....silly prices for a hotel I think you'll agree.

To sum up the Hilton Garden Inn.....you will not be disappointed. Thank you HGI.

Room Tip: We were on floor 6 and it was just fine. The hotel is sort of on an island so asking for a room fron...
2 Thank Karen T
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This property is about 15 minute walk from old town. We enjoyed the walk so did not view that as a negative. Hotel was very clean, staff was exceptionally helpful. We left last morning at 4am for airport and they had pre-made breakfast bags made up (without us asking). Breakfast included cooked to order eggs/omelets....about on par with standard Hilton (which is very good).

Property was crowded over new years, but they managed it well.

Room Tip: Side with view of old town might be nice, but back side is quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family