“Lovely stay in Krakow”

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow
Ranked #29 of 267 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. Yes it is about a 20 minute walk from the centre and yes the view is dominated by a bust dual carriage way but the walk is pleasant and interesting and, because of it, we saw things we perhaps wouldn't have seen. Looking beyond the road there is a good view of the Vistula and Wawel Castle. The hotel itself is clean and friendly with everything that is needed. Breakfast really sets you up for the day and big thanks to the two omelette chefs - omelettes cooked to order and light and tasty. One quibble at breakfast - sometimes croissants were available in abundance and sometimes you had to look for them. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Air-conditioning efficient (and needed in April). Had one evening meal and one lunch in the hotel which were reasonably priced and good quality. Bed comfortable, bathroom immaculate and toiletries really good - the shampoo and conditioner left my hair soft and shiny. Would definitely stay here again. Walk to centre helpful as Krakow is a wonderful place to eat and at least we were able to offset some of the calories!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front can be noisy so you do need that good air-conditioning
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I travel quite a bit. When I travel for pleasure, I want a hotel that's interesting and memorable.

When I travel on business, however, I want somewhere where I know what I'm getting and is, frankly, /un/memorable.

And that is what you get when you stay at a Hilton. Yes, I'm saying it's unremarkable - but I'm saying that that's OK - it's what I want, along with a good night's sleep, and staff who are helpful when I need them to be.

I think the hotel is pretty new - or if not, they've done a fab job of maintaining it. Rooms were in excellent condition, and bathroom was impeccably clean.

You won't get a room with a view, but you will get a comfortable bed, a clean room and a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was the standard buffet affair, nothing to note here either.
Only other area I would point out - there is no mini-bar in the room (there's a fridge, but it's empty). Instead, there's a small 'snack zone' in reception where you could stock up on items. Didn't look at pricing though, but could be charged to room. Not a big deal, but I like being able to grab a cold drink out the fridge sometimes.

This hotel, unlike most, appear to not operate their own taxi service. Instead, they will of course order one for you, but removes the option of charging the car to your room - so ensure you have some cash to hand

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had high hopes before our vacation. Hotel answered fast, when e-mailed them that we are arriving late and they even asked about our transportation from airport. We had over 40 sqm(about 440 squarefeet) Junior Suite, which also sound great beforehand. But then things got little worse. First of all, breakfast wasn't included, although we had that suite. It cost 98 zloty per day for two us, and that's about 25€, which is lot in Polish standards. Our room was big, but lacked that luxurious feeling. Maybe because our views to Wavel Castle were real distant, all we saw from our window was busy motorway and 70's Eastern European concrete building. And top of that, first morning we woke 8.30am when cleaning lady came in without knocking! Hotel is little outside of everything, about 20-25 min walk to Wavel Castle and 30-35min to Old Town Market Place, so get ready to use taxis especially night time. After a rocky start things start to get better, so after all it's a good hotel and city itself is beautiful.

Room Tip: There is a busy motorway right in front of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn during a 4 night stay in Krakow.

We were delighted with this hotel from our (early ) arrival, to our leaving. The room was available early which was great as we had arrived from an early flight. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful and spoke excellent English. The hotel cleanliness was excellent, the breakfast was superb- excellent choice of fruits, meats, salads, breads, cooked breakfast and tea/coffee. We also had our dinner in the hotel each night as we really enjoyed the food and the restaurant was very nice.

We made good use of the gym, which although quite small, had dumbbells from 2kg to 20kg.

The only downside is that the hotel is about 15/20 mins walk from the centre, however, it is a lovely walk along the river, during the day. Possibly more difficult at night if wearing heels!

We would have no hesitation in returning to this excellent hotel in the lovely city Krakow.

I am gluten intolerant and this was catered for.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I love a good city break and always look to stay at a hilton hotel where possible as the standard of service, rooms, staff etc are second to none. Hilton garden inn is no exception. Greeted with a friendly smile the lady on reception couldn't have been more helpful and upon learning it was our first time in krakow stocked us up with plenty of literature and even went through the maps with us. We had chosen to visit krakow to celebrate my 30th birthday. The general manager welcomed us and arranged for some champagne and a cake to be sent to our room and also upgraded us for free from a queen room to a kingsize. The room itself was gorgeous and clean. The breakfast buffet was great- loads of choice and set us up nicely for the day!! The hotel itself is a pleasant 20 min walk from the main square and 15 min walk from the Jewish quarter- which is a must for great quality bars and buzzing atmosphere especially on a Saturday!! All in all a fabulous city and the hospitality and professionalism of all the staff at the hilton garden inn made for an unforgettable stay and a great celebration for my 30th!! Thank you to all there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hjmaddo
Reviewed 14 April 2014

For a few days business trip in Krakow this hotel is a good option, fair price for the service, confort and breakfast provided. Even if not at city center, is a walking distance, around 30 - 40 min walking to the main market. Rooms have a nice design anb beds very confortablem, good gym.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
dorota_smagur, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Mr Luis

thank you very much for choosing us once again .
I am happy you had a nice stay and you benefit from our comfortable beds and gym .
I hope we will see you again in future

Best regards
Dooota Smagur

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great Hotel. We had a six day stay and found this to be a good location to visit Old Krakow. Just a 20 min from airport. Rooms are large and comfortable beds. The staff was out standing providing good service and speaking English. Large breakfast choice. We dined a few nights here and found the food to be very good with some local dishes . The service was excellent and friendly. We asked for a rental car and they took care of all the arrangements with a good price. Walking distance to Castle was about 20 minutes and another to the Market Square which are both a must see. Places around the Market have all kinds of venders .We tried many of the polish dishes and found none to complain about. You can get so many good deals here. We traveled to some Towns to the north and to the south using a paper map with out and trouble. This hotel was just right for us and we will return. We were disappointed when asking for a up grade because we are Hilton diamond members and told that are stay was to long . I would of rather heard not available. Other than that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor facing river. Will have some traffic noise but only during 8am and 4pm
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
dorota_smagur, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for staying with us 6 nights and complementing us so much . I am flattered by your comment but I do appreciate the most the one regarding our outstanding Staff providing good service.
I hope we will be the first choice on your next trip to Krakow

Best regards